Does anyone know why it is so hard to find Fiverr Customer Service?

vickieito

It took me 3 months before I submitted my first ticket to Fiverr CS. 

I knew you could submit a ticket, I just couldn't figure out how to. On top of that, as a newbie seller, I had heard from other sellers that Fiverr CS was not pro-seller, so I was afraid of contacting Fiverr CS. Not being able to find customer support when I needed it, only confirmed that bias for me.

Now I know that isn't true, but I still wonder why Fiverr makes it so hard for both buyers and sellers to submit a ticket to their customer service team. Does anyone know the reasoning behind this?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

My guess is that they are getting just as many easily avoidable tickets as this forum gets posts, and want people to first read through the Help Center and FAQs, and ideally reduce the number of tickets they get by this tactic.

The phenomenon not exclusive to Fiverr, either. I've found it very hard to contact other big companies, too.

Once, after I finally had managed to find a support mail for a big company through research, courtesy of Google, there was none on their website, I got a no-reply mail back that told me they have ceased email support. Didn't include any tip whatsoever how to reach them, then, either. I wasn't even going to complain or anything, by the way, just wanted to inform them of something that seemed like a security oversight or loophole on their side. 

Interestingly, big companies seem to be able to "hide" better in that regard than small ones or even people with personal websites, who have to put themselves, personally, on the line very much in comparison, depending on country and internet/website regulations. Well, I say interestingly, but you may substitute a better term, depending on your POV.

Well, in the light of my support/forum comparison above, I can't even say I blame them, but it's not exactly the pinnacle of customer friendliness either, to make it so hard, I'd agree with that.

• Like 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

If you click the "Help and Support" section on the bottom of the site, it leads to that page with all those common questions and a search bar. But if you scroll down it will show this already.

Untitled.thumb.png.877bbff5df06a76c4b05c04f75a01d36.png

I would say it definitely isn't the friendliest interface to get direct to them, but I think they have a reason for setting it up that way. Probably to encourage people to find the answer first, which well saves them manpower I guess! Haha then again you see a lot of people commenting on Fiverr's social media pages about their complaints lol. But I think its common for other companies as well 😄

• Like 3
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

14 hours ago, theratypist said:

If you click the "Help and Support" section on the bottom of the site, it leads to that page with all those common questions and a search bar. But if you scroll down it will show this already.

Untitled.thumb.png.877bbff5df06a76c4b05c04f75a01d36.png

@theratypist ... your screenshot is only the beginning. Once you click on the green "Contact Support" button, then you are brought to this page:

image.thumb.png.94a9ffb73f91898a3845190b531a2cb2.png

You then have to pick a subject to look into. After two more drop down menus, you are brought to this page:

image.thumb.png.e16af1dced26351c75476b1f9b3dd3ca.png

Finally, once you click on the "I still need help" button, you are able to submit a request ticket. If I knew I had to click six times (or more) to get to a request ticket, I would have contacted Fiverr CS much, much sooner! This is definitely not intuitive, and their "vickieito, we're here to help" message isn't very reassuring!

image.thumb.png.52475b9be4a1cc4be88688428b508b31.png

But, it isn't the end of the world. I did survive for 3 months without contacting Fiverr CS. And I did rely on the Help Center because I wasn't brave enough to come over to the forum to ask for help. But I think the forum would be less cluttered if everyone knew how to get their questions answered by Fiverr CS.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, vickieito said:

But, it isn't the end of the world. I did survive for 3 months without contacting Fiverr CS. And I did rely on the Help Center because I wasn't brave enough to come over to the forum to ask for help. But I think the forum would be less cluttered if everyone knew how to get their questions answered by Fiverr CS.

Absolutely agree!!! You know it was worse back then. It didn't even have that flow! 🤣

If you happen to come by old forum posts asking how to contact Customer Support, the replies would literally be the exact link to reach them or the e-mail (support@fiverr.com). None of which you could find exactly how to reach them through the main site. If I recall, I don't even remember how to reach that exact page for CS -- I just always used that link. And even the e-mail (which I only learned from the forum) is nowhere in the site. I don't think the e-mail is even found in the main site til now. Haha!

• Like 4
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2022 at 6:34 AM, theratypist said:

And even the e-mail (which I only learned from the forum) is nowhere in the site. I don't think the e-mail is even found in the main site til now.

Yeah, I don't think I ever saw the support mail on the site either, which tells me they really prefer people using the ticket system. The mail for privacy-related issues, however, is given multiple times on the Privacy Policy page, maybe that's needed to comply with something or other.

On 6/12/2022 at 6:25 AM, vickieito said:

But I think the forum would be less cluttered if everyone knew how to get their questions answered by Fiverr CS.

Well, yes, but the thing is that their ticket system would be more cluttered then, while the people who answer questions on the forum, work for the good feeling of helping the community and a Thank You (and sometimes, not even that, or they even get paid in attitude ;)). 

• Like 3

On 6/11/2022 at 7:49 AM, miiila said:

it's not exactly the pinnacle of customer friendliness either, to make it so hard, I'd agree with that.

This really makes the case for participating in the Seller Plus program. The $29/month is a bargain even if you consider that you can directly email and Zoom with your SM whenever you like. Just like everything else, a little spend gets you better service.  Airline example below:

image.thumb.png.8c53a08f6903be16b0f9f537081652f6.png

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, miiila said:

Well, yes, but the thing is that their ticket system would be more cluttered then, while the people who answer questions on the forum, work for the good feeling of helping the community and a Thank You (and sometimes, not even that, or they even get paid in attitude ;)). 

I think Fiverr is benefitting greatly by forum members helping each other out. I certainly learned a lot from you, @theratypist@newsmike, and @mariashtelle1!  And the forum is way more fun than my last five months of just hanging out at Help Center.

1 hour ago, theratypist said:

Forum wise -- I have to say @newsmike's way of going direct and frank with a dash of reality is needed at times. But in those several instances he does get paid back in attitude. 😂 

I enjoy watching those conversations from the sidelines. 😊

13 minutes ago, newsmike said:

This really makes the case for participating in the Seller Plus program. The $29/month is a bargain even if you consider that you can directly email and Zoom with your SM whenever you like. Just like everything else, a little spend gets you better service. 

I didn't realize I could email my SM anytime! That's really cool! I don't care for the Zoom meetings, so I'll just reach out to her when I need help! I think this may be the biggest benefit from the Seller Plus program so far.

• Like 4