Jump to content

Why 1 and 2 levels sellers works for fee like new sellers?


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, nikita_bass_g said:

Scrolling through the gigs dashboard I noticed that many sellers with 1 and 2 levels works for the lowest price. So what the sense of getting these levels? Can anybody tell me why?
 

They do so because they don't know their own worth. It's sad, really. 

But the good news is that Fiverr no longer rewards having the lowest possible price. 

Fiverr prefers to market gigs with a higher price, and the goal of the platform is to go up-market. That means more expensive gigs will have an advantage, not just because the system will prefer them, but also because Fiverr works hard to attract more high-end buyers to the platform. 

So even if you see a lot of cheaper sellers (no matter the level) it doesn't have to be this way for you. You set your own rates. 

There are other advantages of seller levels, like access to more gigs, more gig extras, priority customer support and better optics, i.e. by not being a "new seller", you have some sort of recognition on Fiverr. This mostly applies to Top Rated Sellers, but even level 2 and level 1 sellers will seem more experienced in the eyes of many buyers. 

At any rate, I think even new buyers should start upping their rates. Selling anything for five bucks these days, is pointless. Not only will you be working almost for free, but you'll attract the worst buyers. Cheapskates are notoriously more difficult to work with. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 11
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, smashradio said:

They do so because they don't know their own worth. It's sad, really. 

But the good news is that Fiverr no longer rewards having the lowest possible price. 

Fiverr prefers to market gigs with a higher price, and the goal of the platform is to go up-market. That means more expensive gigs will have an advantage, not just because the system will prefer them, but also because Fiverr works hard to attract more high-end buyers to the platform. 

So even if you see a lot of cheaper sellers (no matter the level) it doesn't have to be this way for you. You set your own rates. 

There are other advantages of seller levels, like access to more gigs, more gig extras, priority customer support and better optics, i.e. by not being a "new seller", you have some sort of recognition on Fiverr. This mostly applies to Top Rated Sellers, but even level 2 and level 1 sellers will seem more experienced in the eyes of many buyers. 

At any rate, I think even new buyers should start upping their rates. Selling anything for five bucks these days, is pointless. Not only will you be working almost for free, but you'll attract the worst buyers. Cheapskates are notoriously more difficult to work with. 

Thank you so much for complete answer! But how to compete with a lot of cheap sellers even I have good rating and a lot of very different gigs, but win that who works for 10-15$. I try to up the prices, try to down its again — there is no difference. People cliks the gigs and pass by. Even some people wrote to me in the previous my topic that my prices may be higher🤷🏻‍♂️

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I started out with selling my writing for 5$ per 1000 words. Now, depending on the gig, I charge $80\$150 for the same amount. 

I don't have 30 orders a month anymore, but I don't really need such a thing anymore (because with my much higher prices I don't need to write 100k words a month to survive. Would be cool if I could, but still!

Having higher prices is a risk to some extent for sure, but if you're good at what you do, the right clientele will find you. Even if i were to lose my level I would keep my prices - having less orders (but 'better' ones in a way is the goal, for me at least!)

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, katakatica said:

I started out with selling my writing for 5$ per 1000 words. Now, depending on the gig, I charge $80\$150 for the same amount. 

I don't have 30 orders a month anymore, but I don't really need such a thing anymore (because with my much higher prices I don't need to write 100k words a month to survive. Would be cool if I could, but still!

Having higher prices is a risk to some extent for sure, but if you're good at what you do, the right clientele will find you. Even if i were to lose my level I would keep my prices - having less orders (but 'better' ones in a way is the goal, for me at least!)

Thanks for answer! Yes, I agree with you! Level is just a level, but money more important than sticker under the avatar. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, nikita_bass_g said:

But how to compete with a lot of cheap sellers even I have good rating and a lot of very different gigs, but win that who works for 10-15$. I try to up the prices, try to down its again — there is no difference. 

I found that price doesn't really matter that much, up to certain point. A few months ago, I increased my rates, and watched my click-through rate go down (fewer people clicking my gigs) yet my revenue went up, because the orders I did get were bigger. At some point in this process, I thought I'd test this out for the fun of it, so I'm currently lowering my rate by 10 bucks on voice overs. The click-through-rate has gone up a bit, but it's been a quiet week anyway, so I don't have the numbers to go by yet. I'm curious to see if my revenue/workload stays the same or not. 

If you notice no difference, you could up the prices. If you get fewer orders, but you're earning the same, that's actually a good thing! Less work for more money. If you see your revenue sinking,  you could evaluate if your price is too high or if you need to offer something different to justify the rates. 

There's really no right answer to this one. It depends on what you're offering. If people pass by, you're probably doing something wrong in your conversion efforts. If so, you need to look at what you can do to up your conversion rate, rather than changing your pricing. 

 

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, farrukh_bala said:

1. Some don't know their own worth. 

2. Some worry that if they change price, this will result in less orders. 

3. Some are simply happy with the earnings and the amount of work they do.

 

Yes, it’s true. But they make it impossible to grow here and make money

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, smashradio said:

I found that price doesn't really matter that much, up to certain point. A few months ago, I increased my rates, and watched my click-through rate go down (fewer people clicking my gigs) yet my revenue went up, because the orders I did get were bigger. At some point in this process, I thought I'd test this out for the fun of it, so I'm currently lowering my rate by 10 bucks on voice overs. The click-through-rate has gone up a bit, but it's been a quiet week anyway, so I don't have the numbers to go by yet. I'm curious to see if my revenue/workload stays the same or not. 

If you notice no difference, you could up the prices. If you get fewer orders, but you're earning the same, that's actually a good thing! Less work for more money. If you see your revenue sinking,  you could evaluate if your price is too high or if you need to offer something different to justify the rates. 

There's really no right answer to this one. It depends on what you're offering. If people pass by, you're probably doing something wrong in your conversion efforts. If so, you need to look at what you can do to up your conversion rate, rather than changing your pricing. 

 

Thanks a lot for your experience! I’m very appreciate it! I noticed that it’s really no matter 5$ or 20$ gigs starts. I decided to up the prices, cause I’d better work for 50 $ once a week than 5$ once a week)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, nikita_bass_g said:

Thanks a lot for your experience! I’m very appreciate it! I noticed that it’s really no matter 5$ or 20$ gigs starts. I decided to up the prices, cause I’d better work for 50 $ once a week than 5$ once a week)

Exactly! Good thinking! Besides, having a five-dollar-gig attracts the worst buyers. You don't want to work for the Scrooge McDucks of this world. 

  

1 minute ago, nikita_bass_g said:

I understand what you mean, yes, it possible, but it’s very slow) 

Growing a business takes time. I spent years on Fiverr developing my business. I'm still developing, even as a Top Rated Seller. I'm still working every day to better myself, my business and my services. It's not just slow. It's neverending. That's how business works. 

Some people are cut out for it. Others can't handle it and much prefer to work on a contract from 9-5. If you weren't expecting it to be hard, difficult and tiresome, you've been misinformed about what it takes to start and run a business.  

 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 3
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nikita_bass_g said:

I understand what you mean, yes, it possible, but it’s very slow) 

 

6 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

False.

If you are good at what you do, you can grow in spite of the competition.

---

Oh, I have read this article! Thank you! I I read it again cause some things can be understood after reading only a few times or after a while

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Exactly! Good thinking! Besides, having a five-dollar-gig attracts the worst buyers. You don't want to work for the Scrooge McDucks of this world. 

  

Growing a business takes time. I spent years on Fiverr developing my business. I'm still developing, even as a Top Rated Seller. I'm still working every day to better myself, my business and my services. It's not just slow. It's neverending. That's how business works. 

Some people are cut out for it. Others can't handle it and much prefer to work on a contract from 9-5. If you weren't expecting it to be hard, difficult and tiresome, you've been misinformed about what it takes to start and run a business.  

 

Fiverr takes me great opportunities, it’s great experience to work here, I work at home, when I want, and with people from different country. I play a lot of different music and it’s awesome. It’s like a lifestyle I think 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, nikita_bass_g said:

Fiverr takes me great opportunities, it’s great experience to work here, I work at home, when I want, and with people from different country. I play a lot of different music and it’s awesome. It’s like a lifestyle I think 

Indeed it is. I love it, and I thrive as a freelancer. I hate working for someone else. But I know people who could never handle the pressure and still be able to relax at night. We're all different, and that's a good thing. We can't all be freelancers. 

It's a great lifestyle, if you're cut out for it. I couldn't imagine my self doing anything else. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, nikita_bass_g said:

Fiverr takes me great opportunities, it’s great experience to work here, I work at home, when I want, and with people from different country. I play a lot of different music and it’s awesome. It’s like a lifestyle I think 

By the way, I checked out your profile. Hope you're staying safe, strong and well during these difficult times! Cool bass-work! 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, farrukh_bala said:

2. Some worry that if they change price, this will result in less orders. 

 

That's not something to worry about, it happens naturally because less people are interested when the price goes up. But as others said, you attract higher quality individuals, or it should be like that 🙂

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

That's not something to worry about, it happens naturally because less people are interested when the price goes up. But as others said, you attract higher quality individuals, or it should be like that 🙂

I'm talking about mostly sellers who sell services for the lowest price possible which is $5, $10. Even though they could easily earn a lot more.

This is from experience on Facebook groups where I had discussions with different niche sellers and most of them reasoned that it will result in gig deranking or fewer sales.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2022 at 1:31 PM, farrukh_bala said:

1. Some don't know their own worth. 

2. Some worry that if they change price, this will result in less orders. 

3. Some are simply happy with the earnings and the amount of work they do.

 

Yes, it’s true, but in my case more interesting have less work but per high price. I noticed this when I try to chang prices in my gigs. Even with high course of dollar in Ukraine now 3$ in our currency is nothing cause all prices very high now. I love my job, but I love money too, lol))

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, smashradio said:

Indeed it is. I love it, and I thrive as a freelancer. I hate working for someone else. But I know people who could never handle the pressure and still be able to relax at night. We're all different, and that's a good thing. We can't all be freelancers. 

It's a great lifestyle, if you're cut out for it. I couldn't imagine my self doing anything else. 

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, I really appreciate it!)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...