Pause a gig after a set number of orders - custom offers

laffeetaffeegg

Question

There is a "limit number of orders" option for gigs, but it seems like this doesn't apply to custom offers. I have my gig set at a limit of 3 orders before it pauses automatically. I learned the hard way that if I have orders made through custom offers, this doesn't factor in or automatically pause my gig once that max 3 orders limit is reached. I have to pause it manually to avoid overbooking.

I'm not sure if I'm missing an option or if there's a better way to manage custom offers. I prefer making custom offers as opposed to just having people go through the regular booking flow since it lets me deliver a better product. Anyone have some suggestions?

• Like 6

2 answers to this question

When you set "limit number of orders," that merely takes your gig out of the search pages. However, repeat buyers or buyers who may have saved your gig can still find you and order. If you do not want orders, the best option is to extend your delivery dates or pause your gigs.

• Like 3

I'm not quite sure what you mean - surely if you're overbooked, just don't send the custom offer? That, or set your queue limit even lower to prevent accidental overbooking if that's happening often enough to cause issues.

If you're getting too many orders, increasing your price can also be good. You get fewer orders, but the price increase makes up for it, and you usually get higher quality buyers too

• Like 5