Why fiverr doesn't allow me to refuse an order before starting working on it?

Hello,

maybe my question isn't clear for people how work for example in voiceover, graphic desgins...etc 

but for people who work on in programming they might understand what I mean.

so buyers make an order for making an app for example and they come up with unlogical features which can't be applied or I can't apply it and if I canceled my stats would drop, and if I did what I could he would give me a bad review, and I can't list all the features I can do on the gig 

for example someone wanted a social app it's okay I can make a social app but make a clone of facebook with all its features is impossible (but lucky he texted me before placing order) 

So my question is why fiverr don't give an option to accept in those catogeroies where buyers might missunderstand what a seller can do

• Like 5

4 hours ago, bassemomar752 said:

Hello,

maybe my question isn't clear for people how work for example in voiceover, graphic desgins...etc 

I get where you're coming from. I'm in voice over, content writing and translation. We have similar issues from time to time: jobs that can't be done or that we don't want to do. 

It's your job to make sure you're gig description and FAQ is up to par. You can specify what you can't or won't do. 

Sure, you'll get stupid orders from time to time, but that's what the cancellation button is for. 

I think we should have an option to turn off the order now button, and require buyers to reach out before they make an order. But that comes with problems of its own. Fewer buyers would probably work with a seller if they had to contact them first. It's another step to a process that should be very simple for the buyer. So I understand why it's not there. 

But it would be a nice option to have. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, smashradio said:

I think we should have an option to turn off the order now button, and require buyers to reach out before they make an order. But that comes with problems of its own. Fewer buyers would probably work with a seller if they had to contact them first. It's another step to a process that should be very simple for the buyer. So I understand why it's not there.

I think we should have the option to put it on  specific gigs 

For example making a webview app is a simple task doesn't need any thing special. 

But fixing an app might be impossible so apps are very messy making them from scratch is easier sometimes 

So in this kind of gigs would be much better for me to have a look at the code and check if I can fix it or not 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, bassemomar752 said:

I think we should have the option to put it on  specific gigs 

For example making a webview app is a simple task doesn't need any thing special. 

But fixing an app might be impossible so apps are very messy making them from scratch is easier sometimes 

So in this kind of gigs would be much better for me to have a look at the code and check if I can fix it or not 

I absolutely see why this would be useful to the sellers. But from a UX standpoint, the buyers want quick, easy service when they visit Fiverr. Having to actually talk to someone first, might put a lot of people off. And that can cause lost revenue for Fiverr - not just the seller. I'm sure this have been suggested before, and that there's good, data-based reasons for not allowing it. But from a pure seller standpoint, I agree with you 100%. It would be very useful. 

In the future, this might help you identify troublesome buyers early: 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 3