Can a gig with a single negative review get orders in the future?

On 6/9/2022 at 1:55 AM, cool_idea said:

think you need to contact with customer support tell him in detail hope they can help you

What! What for? What do you expect Fiverr support to do? What kind of advice is that? Help with what exactly? 

He needs to wait? Wait for what? Wait for end of times? Apocalypse? Please stop posting just to post something if you have nothing helpful to add. 

On 6/9/2022 at 1:52 AM, blazegoldburst said:

What if the work has been great but the buyer was a difficult buyer? Do you believe new buyers will place an order with that gig?

You have other reviews on your profile so buyers might not notice a bad review. 

However don’t put all the blame on a buyer, even if it was a difficult buyer there is always something you could do better. You client says they expected something different so probably it’s worth to have a look at your offer and WHY client expected something different and how you can make it more clear for future customers. 

Edited by mariashtelle1
  • Like 22
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, blazegoldburst said:

The client did not communicate at all and directly placed the order and even did not provide any information.

They don’t have to contact you first, fiverr is made so clients would be able to place orders without contacting sellers. 
If you client didn’t understand your gig description then you need to look at it again and check how can you make it more clear. 

m And again, stop just blaming your client, I did have a look at your gig and your description is really vague, you start with saying “we will be understanding your story in depth”, what kind of service is that? Even I wasn’t clear of what  would get if I order your gig and you don’t even have FAQs on your gig 🤷‍♀️ 
As I said, don’t put all the blame on a client, always look where you can improve. 

• Like 21

On 6/9/2022 at 2:29 AM, blazegoldburst said:

I think you have little knowledge about what a Book Explainer Video is. You probably don't work in the Book Marketing Niche. We have made hundreds of videos and have worked with several clients outside of Fiverr. 

Are you serious? Someone gives you an advice and you just prefer to attack them personally? 
I work with book publisher, I do know what is book explainer is and I’m telling you even what doesn’t make sense in your gig description. And How not having FAQs on your gig is connected me not knowing your niche? 🤦‍♀️ 

You know what, with that attitude you probably will have much more “difficult” clients, but at this point I will side with your buyer as you can’t even take a feedback on board and assume that there is a space for improvement for you. Services like that don’t survive long. Having a bad review only with 9 orders is not a great result by the way. 

On 6/9/2022 at 2:19 AM, blazegoldburst said:

We had to even do the scriptwriting for FREE

Are you serious? You do have scriptwriting in your gig description and none of your packages say which one will include it or not, and there is no gig extra set up to add scriptwriting 🤷‍♀️ You have so many things unclear in your gig of what you will do or not.

And downgrading my responses still wouldn’t make your gig description better 🤦‍♀️ 

• Like 23
  • Up 2

8 hours ago, blazegoldburst said:

For your information, we are doing very well. It doesn't mean someone who is not popular on Fiverr, is not popular somewhere else. Also, you should not worry about what kind of services I provide will survive or not. You should worry about what you do. I have already been progressing very well in this industry. Also, I would speak my experiences as it is or is not. You are free to give your opinions about what you feel. It is not mandatory for me to follow what you impose. 

If you do not need any advice, do not post on this forum looking for advice. 
Imagine if one of your buyers see this, even those buyers that do not come from Fiverr see this. All you do is blame the buyer. All your topics are about blaming the buyer. In your single negative review where everyone can see, you blame the buyer! How are you going to make a service, if all you do is blame buyers? Not everything is the buyer's fault! 

• Like 27
  • Haha 1
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

And what are all this fake new profiles that liked all your posts and downvoted mine in less than a minute after I posted my replies? 
Yet they have zero other likes or any other activity on their forum profiles? How did it happen that they just targeted chose your topic? And they don’t have fiverr accounts connected to them? 

@frank_d I’m not sure if it’s something that should be looked at if this person created few accounts.

65070165-515B-45A3-8599-69C3728A8AFA.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Congrats! 1

2 hours ago, blazegoldburst said:

What is your opinion?

You know what, @mariashtelle1 gave an opinion which is literally what you asked. 😂

Congrats though on marking your own answer as the BEST answer to your OWN question. #selflove

Feel free to downvote with your many forum profiles hahahaha

EDIT: (The best answer is now Maria's).. But let it be known 😆

Untitled.thumb.png.5ad033c380a006b6a1e34b03807d95af.png

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 24
  • Haha 5
  • Up 1

So...

I've had plenty of bad reviews (okay, like, 10) since I've started on Fiverr - and most of them were well-deserved. Have I had my fair share of nasty clients? Heck yeah. But I've also learned that sometimes... 

It's not just THEIR fault. 

We are human as well and we make mistakes - and that's totally fine. A single bad review isn't going to ruin your reputation. Acting up when people try to help/point out WHY there might have been miscommunication might do just that, however. 

Some clients I've had I needed to (literally) chase down with questions about what they want, sample ideas (once an order was made) and so on. Is it fun? No. 

But sometimes, that's the only way. No answer? Ask for an extension. Tell them why. 

I will be honest, half of the video is about you - (I've seen plenty of other book explainer videos. Giving some credit to you is OK but...) I'd focus on the book next time? Like, it MIGHT be a pretty cliché title, but there must be something less cliché to say about it. 

Anyway, that aside my point is that... this MIGHT have been a nasty buyer, but perhaps you also could have avoided the bad review. They happen and how you react to them GREATLY influences whether others will trust you later or not. 

Right now, I would NOT trust you. 

(and before you ask, I'm a writer. So I COULD be your target audience.)

• Like 34
  • Congrats! 1

On 6/9/2022 at 9:27 AM, emmaki said:

Don't mind me, I'm just getting through an entire cinema's worth of hot and salty popcorn here. 

Omg, Emma!!!! Nice to see you drop by. I know you've been laying low for a while now. Your other perma-ban buddy @newsmike still lives on the edge at times... He's been doing well though! The cops aren't as tight. Hahahahaha.  Hey guys  @vickiespencer @jonbaas @lloydsolutions, guess who dropped by with a post after a long long while haha! I can only imagine how much restraint you've had every tempting post that goes by when you lurk around. 😁😂 

On 6/9/2022 at 9:27 AM, emmaki said:

EDIT: Is OP just downvoting everyone who doesn't tell him that he's an incredible seller afflicted by a satanic buyer who didn't appreciate his genius for (self)-promotion and pasting together a bundle of greenscreen video templates and random stock videos into something approximating a HD, if not HQ, video production?

Quite aside from the whole "let's spend half the video talking about me and not this random book I didn't get paid enough to promote because I didn't say to the buyer 'hey, that costs extra'" thing, I'd love to know  what relevance a book cover on e.g. a t-shirt has to an indie KDP title. I wouldn't have left a review, I would have just asked for my money back. On the other hand, OP, I would have given you a script, so small mercies. Just think of all that hard work I would have saved you, kind of 🙂

Yes 😂 You can see all the new reactors (heart and green upvote) on the original post or his comments are new forum profiles. Just wait, in 24 hours our comments will have -10 or more downvotes. @mariashtelle1, you were right -- new forum profiles are popping and reacting specifically to this post only.

Please @frank_d don't close this thread. Truth prevails! Whichever version people believe that is. 😂

• Like 31
  • Haha 2
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, theratypist said:

Omg, Emma!!!! Nice to see you drop by. I know you've been laying low for a while now. Your other perma-ban buddy @newsmike still lives on the edge at times... He's been doing well though! The cops aren't as tight. Hahahahaha.  Hey guys  @vickiespencer @jonbaas @lloydsolutions, guess who dropped by with a post after a long long while haha! I can only imagine how much restraint you've had every tempting post that goes by when you lurk around. 😁😂 

Well, I did update my last post as I got a downvote (just the one, mind) so I felt I should at least write something to earn that downvote from @blazegoldburst or one of his fiercely loyal friends who follow him around everywhere to make sure that the red carpet is suitably rolled out for Blaze "Sun King" Goldburst (I would have gone with Starburst myself) and the blind, deaf, and dumb naysaying miscreants are shown the error of their feeble ways. 

Between this forum and r/Fiverr, I have to say there's very slim pickings for anyone who is seeking interesting or even - dare I say it, intelligent - conversation, and not the millionth rehash of tedious subjects from the lazy and the stupid followed by a cascade of breathless thanks and starry-eyed congratulations. Or both. I generally choose not to post because, well, look what I'm saying here 🙂. It would also appear that Fiverr has little interest in making that situation better on here, and - of course - I got booted off as mod on r/Fiverr because another mod (who then deleted his account) thought I was being a little nasty to spammers etc. by permabanning them. Never mind that the subreddit was, and is, festooned with dire warnings that this will happen. People, it seems, just don't read or care. OTOH, that's a great way to set oneself up for failure so it's more of a them problem than a me problem...

Anyway, I think that's enough socio-something commentary on the dire state of Fiverr 'social media' and, ooh, shall we say at least 95% of the sellers that choose to participate in it their various special ways? That was a generous estimate, I'm in a good mood today. 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Oh, I wrote another thing but a mod needs to approve it. It probably won't get approved, as it's a wee bit critical of the state of the forum. And the subreddit. Oh, and OP. 

Basically, it's a great post! But ripe for modding...

I guess all my posts are getting hidden now? This is a test...

Ah, I used bad words! Are all posts that have a word starting with 'm' and ending with 'd' and its variants hidden for approval? I mean, I'm guessing that's the bad word. I mean, I guess it does become a bad word if you keep getting shoved in the broom closet 🙂

• Like 20
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2022 at 10:05 AM, emmaki said:

I guess all my posts are getting hidden now? This is a test...

I see your post!

On 6/9/2022 at 10:05 AM, emmaki said:

Are all posts that have a word starting with 'm' and ending with 'd' and its variants hidden for approval?

Yes.

It's not a bad word as such, but since unhappy people like to talk bad stuff about the ms ending with ds, which would be a forum rules violation, the post gets hidden until someone approves it.

• Like 48

2 minutes ago, catwriter said:

I see your post!

Well, I should have (including this one) 5. Two of them have an ugly red box and are hidden until a [bad word] comes and approves them. Which they probs won't, to be fair, as they probably don't add to the gaiety of the Fiverr nation, or something. 

I should probably write something vaguely helpful and educational somewhere to atone for my sins, hidden as they might be. Or maybe not... 

• Like 41