My gig is active but I only find it when I do a customized search or after searching through many pages

anica_ja

I am a Fiverr’s Choice, level 2 Seller. 
For the past 3 months my sales have declined and I have to skip through many pages before I see my gig appear. Has anyone ever gone through this or know why this happens? I asked customer support and they said I should just continue doing a good job because the gig is active. 
This response isn’t good enough for me because my sales have now declined because I’m now appearing waaaaay down in the search results. 

Edited by anica_ja
Missing tags
  • Like 13

• anica_ja changed the title to My gig is active but I only find it when I do a customized search or after searching through many pages

Search results are dynamic.

When I search for your best selling gig using your gig title you appear on the front page and you are fiverr choice. 

There are a number of reasons you won't appear on the front page, it all depends on how/what buyers are searching.

What are you searching for when you search for your gig?

Freelancing does also have ups and downs.

• Like 14
  • Up 3

Yes those are the tags I have except for “learn” “English” and “English lesson” and thats because the last 2 aren’t available options but I will definitely add “learn”You have been helpful. I will probably tweak my title a bit as well. 

Edited by anica_ja
  • Like 7

What I think is that Fiverr's search algorithm changes frequently and search factors may get changed that results in getting gig too below the search than expected. So, what I think is that all you are required to do is to use buyer request section, share to gigs out there (Don't do spamming though) and most important be patient and keep trying to figuring out the way boost sales.

Secondly, when you tweak your title and search tags or whatever in gig details that's also sometimes kind of big impact of gigs to go down in search results because the system has to re-rank or reoptimized those new stuff for a specific gig.

Hope you understand and this helps.

Good Luck!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, nftsworld007 said:

changes frequently and search factors may get changed that results in getting gig too below the search than expected. So, what I think is that all you are required to do is to use buyer request section, share to gigs out there

It doesn't change frequently.

Buyer requests are garbage.

Sharing gigs doesn't help.

2 hours ago, nftsworld007 said:

tweak your title and search tags or whatever in gig details that's also sometimes kind of big impact of gigs to go down in search results because the system has to re-rank or reoptimized those new stuff for a specific gig.

Daily changes aren't good. But to update and refine your gig is a must.

I suggest you both read this if you want to invest in your fiverr sucess:

• Like 4
  • Up 3

12 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

Buyer requests are garbage.

Buyer requests aren't garbage at all. It has a purpose and it is helping a lot of sellers out there. If you keep calling it 'garbage' instead of motivating sellers to use it, Fiverr may remove this section and what some of the sellers are getting from it, they might don't get that as well. 

12 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

I suggest you both read this if you want to invest in your fiverr sucess:

Thank you for sharing this.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

OK, maybe that's too strong, but they are far from great.

agreed!

9 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

How many orders have you got from them?

The sellers that I know personally and in real life are now level 2 and even top rated sellers, they started freelancing on Fiverr in 2016 and 2017. They started getting orders using Buyer Request section. Some still use it at times when they are not getting orders much.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nftsworld007 said:

The sellers that I know personally and in real life are now level 2 and even top rated sellers, they started freelancing on Fiverr in 2016 and 2017. They started getting orders using Buyer Request section. Some still use it at times when they are not getting orders much.

As did I, but only a few, and it's a lot of work replying coupled with the reality that budgets are typically very, very low.

Fiverr is built on buyers coming to you, buyer requests are a good feature (poorly executed IMO) but not necessary to finding success here.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Fiverr is built on buyers coming to you, buyer requests are a good feature (poorly executed IMO) but not necessary to finding success here.

Yeah exactly, you are right but like having something is better than nothing and it plays a little role in getting orders but still it plays because new sellers mostly don't look or care for the budgets/prices. New sellers mostly look for buyers at any cost, so yeah 😂

• Like 3