Is this allowed

deesam56

I have received an order which the buyer has sent me an amazon gift card code for the purchase for a verified review but there is no order on my dashboard from him so obviously he has not paid fiverr for it and ordered through correct channel Is this ok as I will only recieve the balance of the giftcard instead of the $4 from fiverr and can I do order complete and deliver the work if he has not ordered through fiverr ?

@deesam56 You won’t be able to deliver an order to this person if they haven’t actually placed an order on Fiverr. And if you decide to give it a try, accept the gift card and not work through Fiverr, then if everything ends up being a scam and you end up losing out, Fiverr isn’t going to help you.

Do a forum search and you will find sob stories from people who connected with someone through Fiverr, but moved the sale and/or payment off-Fiverr, and - surprise, surprise - one of them ends up being a scammer. And it’s just as often a buyer as a seller who gets ripped off.

Tell the buyer for your protection and his/hers, place an order on Fiverr covering the amount you 2 work out as the value of this gig, and move along.

Archived