Is it allowed to communicate with a client outside of Fiverr?

Hello I’ve seen many larger sellers who need to communicate outside of fiverr because it works for their gigs however they don’t get warned which means I can do it as well. Also my gigs are quicker to deliver and handle with discord because the messages appear quicker and I’m used to the style. But I got warned for only asking one of my clients. I’m not sure if I can communicate outside of fiverr I’ve still seen some people saying it’s fine but why did I get a warning email from fiverr? Please help me fix this.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1

You received the warning because is not allowed, check the terms of services. Also the seller or the buyer can share email or enter in video call only if this is necessary to complete the work.

If you think that your gig services require some outside communication, open a Ticket in the CS explain your situation and they will have a more accurate answer to your needs. https://fiverr.com/support

• Like 6

On 6/8/2022 at 12:24 PM, unttitledd_rz said:

But I got warned for only asking one of my clients. I’m not sure if I can communicate outside of fiverr

• To protect our users' privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.
    • Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page. 

• Like 5
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

34 minutes ago, unttitledd_rz said:

why did I get a warning email from fiverr?

Because communication outside of Fiverr isn't allowed.

35 minutes ago, unttitledd_rz said:

I’ve seen many larger sellers who need to communicate outside of fiverr because it works for their gigs

They're typically Pro sellers with their skills, experience, and identity verified by Fiverr, so they're given more freedom. You're new to the platform, so Fiverr can't possibly know whether you'd use communication on Discord to take the business outside of Fiverr.

If you wish, you can try contacting Customer Support, explain them why you have to use Discord even before the order is placed, and ask them for permission to do it.

• Like 5
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2