How many extra days can the deadline be extended?

iancrovella

I have a prospective client who's asking if they can place an order today that I can only start working on next week. How many extra days am I allowed to manually request be added to the deadline (my normal deadline is 3 days for Standard tier) through the dispute center?

• Like 4
  • Up 1

6 minutes ago, iancrovella said:

I have a prospective client who's asking if they can place an order today that I can only start working on next week. How many extra days am I allowed to manually request be added to the deadline (my normal deadline is 3 days for Standard tier) through the dispute center?

You can set up a custom offer and input the number of days you want yourself. Even so, I see no reason for ordering a week before your are going to start the work. Why do they want this? In my experience, this could lead to the buyer disappearing on you and leave you hanging with an open order. That means extra work dealing with customer support and added frustrations. 

I don't remember off the top of my head how many days you can extend it manually in the resolution center. Probably it was 14 days to a month or something like that. I've closed all my active orders that I got before the weekend. Today has been quiet, so I have no orders I can use to check. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1

I agree with @smashradio that the best way to do it is through a custom offer. You can give yourself up to 90 days:

image.thumb.png.b9dfc50673319eac85547f3db3a29aba.png

If you want to extend the delivery date once an order is open, you can use the Resolution Center to extend 29 days at a time.

Example: As you can see from this order below, it was opened in March. So this particular order has been extended many times. And it'll be extended for at least 2 more times because the buyer just notified me that she will be on an 8 week vacation until August. I believe you can extend as much as you want (as long as the buyer is in agreement).

image.thumb.png.3a3d77d027491520c87ac85157368481.png

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 6
  • Up 1