Getting threatening from buyer to report fiverr

sawoda_sumi_29

Question

Hello Fiverr forum, I had a client from my starting in the fiverr. He found me on WhatsApp and chat with me there sometimes. I don't want to take order without fiverr but he wanted to give money in wise for avoid fiverr fee. I did not take money from him any time and did not work for him outside of fiverr. We didn't work for about 2 years. Some days ago he comes back in WhatsApp and fiverr and knock me for some work. I agreed but still he wants to work on the WhatsApps. I told him to send all things through fiverr. but he refuse. Because of giving less price and his rude behavior I don't want to work for him. Now he is threatened that he will report me to fiverr. What should I do now? Should I report against him to fiverr? Or should i wait? fiverr will understand my condition or will listen only the buyer side? Please guyes Help me out. I am really tensed about my Account. 

Screenshot_16.png

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 answers to this question

@sawoda_sumi_29, sorry you didn't get a response to your question yet! I see that you posted this question two weeks ago. How did this turn out?

I'm wondering how your client found you on Whats App. I don't think you can just look someone up on that app. Don't you have to be contacts in each other's phone or have their contact information first in order to communicate? And did your client find you before Fiverr?

It looks like you and your client are talking about orders and prices outside of the Fiverr platform, which is against Fiverr TOS. You are a very active Level 2 seller with a lot of positive reviews. Communicating off platform risks getting your account banned and Fiverr can't give you any protection if you are doing this.

If you were contacts before Fiverr, I would think that as long as you kept all communication regarding project, orders, or prices on the Fiverr platform, Fiverr could help you if your buyer was aggressive or violent towards you. Or, if your contact was especially aggressive or violent towards you on Whats App, you could reach out to Whats App because it would be violating their TOS.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 7

Now I know why no one responded to your question! Both of our messages were flagged for review for the W***App word ... 😟

In the future, keep all conversations on Fiverr and ignore any attempt from your buyers to move conversations off the platform. 

Note: I was approached by my largest repeat buyer yesterday to connect on LInkedIn. I've been ignoring that invite. I'll send a reminded in our order chats to keep all conversations on the Fiverr platform. This happens often and makes me wish that I didn't use my real name as a screen name on Fiverr! It's too easy for people to find me.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 5
  • Up 1

@sawoda_sumi_29, why would you even bother replying to this kind of buyer? I have some buyer like that contacted me before, sending me a message asking about working outside of the platform, but never seen someone would contact a seller on Fiverr through Whatsapp.

Anyway, all I do is ignored, [click the] reported button as spam and [click] blocked them for asked about working contract outside of Fiverr platform. Reporting them as spam like I'm playing Whac-a-mole game with scammers whatever I can so Fiverr can take care of them after.

• Like 5

On 6/23/2022 at 10:08 PM, vickieito said:

@sawoda_sumi_29, sorry you didn't get a response to your question yet! I see that you posted this question two weeks ago. How did this turn out?

I'm wondering how your client found you on Whats App. I don't think you can just look someone up on that app. Don't you have to be contacts in each other's phone or have their contact information first in order to communicate? And did your client find you before Fiverr?

It looks like you and your client are talking about orders and prices outside of the Fiverr platform, which is against Fiverr TOS. You are a very active Level 2 seller with a lot of positive reviews. Communicating off platform risks getting your account banned and Fiverr can't give you any protection if you are doing this.

If you were contacts before Fiverr, I would think that as long as you kept all communication regarding project, orders, or prices on the Fiverr platform, Fiverr could help you if your buyer was aggressive or violent towards you. Or, if your contact was especially aggressive or violent towards you on Whats App, you could reach out to Whats App because it would be violating their TOS.

On 6/24/2022 at 9:36 PM, vickieito said:

Now I know why no one responded to your question! Both of our messages were flagged for review for the W***App word ... 😟

In the future, keep all conversations on Fiverr and ignore any attempt from your buyers to move conversations off the platform. 

Note: I was approached by my largest repeat buyer yesterday to connect on LInkedIn. I've been ignoring that invite. I'll send a reminded in our order chats to keep all conversations on the Fiverr platform. This happens often and makes me wish that I didn't use my real name as a screen name on Fiverr! It's too easy for people to find me.

Thank you so much for replying me. we were worked on the fiverr. I never worked out of fiverr for him or anyone else. i don't know how he found me. but yes I was used my actual name in w..app. so he easily found me there. But fiverr can check my inbox i never share my any info with him. also i am very reliable person for fiverr. i don't want to cheat or lose my account. i know very well the rules. thanks all for replying me.

• Like 2