Can you block/report a buyer?

chelseyweaver

Question

Hello there! 

I am currently working with a client that is accusing me of not completing work, not following instructions, etc. To be clear I have a crystal-clear Fiverr reputation and always deliver my very best work as I take great pride in what I do. The issue with this buyer is that they asked for work on Excel but clearly do not understand the program. They are claiming that I did not include data, when in actuality they are not expanding the other sheets in the workbook to see all the work I put in. I professionally worked with the client to help them understand that this is why it seemed somethings were missing and that they simply needed to look at the other worksheets in the Excel workbook I provided. To no avail, the client was still saying I did the project wrong and needed to redo it. I again explained that I followed the project to the letter, and it was just a misunderstanding of where the data was placed. To better clarify I made a screen recording, showing the client where each data point was located and even went as far as to walk them through each step, I took to create their project to the exact requested specifications. Throughout these exchanges several red flags popped up as well. At one point the client claimed that they couldn't see what I had done since "Fiverr sometimes doesn't work on mobile" at that I would have to resend the file to an email. To this I immediately quoted Fiverr's terms and conditions. At one point the buyer also continued to harass me with messages while I was clearly trying to type up an explanation of the issue and would not stop messaging, asking why I was not answering. At this point I am just trying to explain the project and get to the point of delivery so I can be done with this situation. I am sure he will leave a negative review, though this is not my main concern. More than anything I want to assure he cannot further harass me after I deliver the order and want to report him if possible so he cannot try to scam another seller as I feel this was his goal with me. Is there any way to block or report a buyer? I appreciate any advice. Thank you in advance! 

CV

• Like 5
  • Up 1

3 answers to this question

Sorry that you're facing this, there really are difficult buyers.

I faced something like this as well, not necessarily that they were saying I did not do the work -- just the part that they thought they're only seeing one sheet on Excel and thinking the project was incomplete. They were kind enough to clarify though and in some instances, I had to just send them in separate files altogether since they felt more comfortable with that. Sometimes I converted it to a easier to navigate PDF. Is it possible that you send the data as separate files (meaning one sheet) or as PDF? I know you've already gone so far as to the screen recording but perhaps you would build a stronger case knowing you've simplified it down more for them -- should the buyer want to face CS.

I do hope that gets sorted! I would block the buyer after once that is over. Reason: Negative work experience 🤣

• Like 6
  • Up 2

I

2 hours ago, chelseyweaver said:

Hello there! 

I am currently working with a client that is accusing me of not completing work, not following instructions, etc. To be clear I have a crystal-clear Fiverr reputation and always deliver my very best work as I take great pride in what I do. The issue with this buyer is that they asked for work on Excel but clearly do not understand the program. They are claiming that I did not include data, when in actuality they are not expanding the other sheets in the workbook to see all the work I put in. I professionally worked with the client to help them understand that this is why it seemed somethings were missing and that they simply needed to look at the other worksheets in the Excel workbook I provided. To no avail, the client was still saying I did the project wrong and needed to redo it. I again explained that I followed the project to the letter, and it was just a misunderstanding of where the data was placed. To better clarify I made a screen recording, showing the client where each data point was located and even went as far as to walk them through each step, I took to create their project to the exact requested specifications. Throughout these exchanges several red flags popped up as well. At one point the client claimed that they couldn't see what I had done since "Fiverr sometimes doesn't work on mobile" at that I would have to resend the file to an email. To this I immediately quoted Fiverr's terms and conditions. At one point the buyer also continued to harass me with messages while I was clearly trying to type up an explanation of the issue and would not stop messaging, asking why I was not answering. At this point I am just trying to explain the project and get to the point of delivery so I can be done with this situation. I am sure he will leave a negative review, though this is not my main concern. More than anything I want to assure he cannot further harass me after I deliver the order and want to report him if possible so he cannot try to scam another seller as I feel this was his goal with me. Is there any way to block or report a buyer? I appreciate any advice. Thank you in advance! 

CV

I genuinely feel bad there are buyers like this all across the platform what I would recommend you do is keep all the screenshots and all the work that you think you have done properly with you and go to the fiverr help section and address your problem and then attach all the evidence you gathered, they should take care of the rest, and once you finish this project block him for sure.

Wish you the best,

Kenz

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chelseyweaver said:

want to report

Hello, that sounds tedious. It might be that the user really has issues, but it does sound as if they also might be trying to get you to cancel, and by that, keep your work, as well as get their money back, or even may have purposely been trying to make you break ToS by requesting you to send the file per email.

There are report buttons on user profiles and on the messages, you should see the Report and Spam buttons when hovering a message. If none of the drop-down reasons for reporting applies, though, for me, the "other" text box doesn't work, if I choose "other" to explain the matter, the text box briefly flashes up and is gone then, I can't type anything.

If you need to attach "proof" anyway, that's only possible via a ticket: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/community-standards-and-terms-of-service. If you don't find an exact match in the drop-down, there's also "General Inquiry", where you also can attach files, like screenshots.

Regarding blocking, in the light of several forum threads, it might be safer to only do that once the order/ordeal is really over, maybe wait until the safety clearance period of 14 or 7 days, depending, is over. I have the impression that support doesn't really consider an order done, and the need for an open communication channel over, as long as a customer still is asking for modifications. If the customer complains to support that you blocked them while you didn't yet deliver everything (I'm sure you did, but they may say otherwise, after all), it might look better for you if you didn't block them. I understand your wish to block them as quickly as possible, of course, but some people seem to have made bad experiences with that, so, maybe something to consider.

Edited by miiila
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1