Fiverr Racist Marketing - Not in Balance WHY?

hnyc99

Question

HI

I am new to Fiver I would like to firstly ask the Question Why ? When landing on your plaform I am greeted with images of African Amercians either a Female on the first screen then a Male on the next screen ......

I am a White MALE ( I'm Sorry ) alhtough my wife is a " Women of Color" from Thailand that's in Asia ...

Q. From my wife Pabhada since arrving here in July 2020 on a K-1 Fianice Visa she has endured the lengthly and costly LEGAL immigration process ( the USCIS  ) MISPLACED HER FILES 3 TIMES ... apart from this 

Q she asked me Why Tommy are Asian People not represented as much as BLACK People considering we aremore of a minority than the African Amercians ????

57.8% white, 18.7% Hispanic, 12.4% Black and 6% Asian  these are stats from 2020

I did not have a answer for my Wife .....

Does Fiverr ??

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, hnyc99 said:

HI

I am new to Fiver I would like to firstly ask the Question Why ? When landing on your plaform I am greeted with images of African Amercians either a Female on the first screen then a Male on the next screen ......

I am a White MALE ( I'm Sorry ) alhtough my wife is a " Women of Color" from Thailand that's in Asia ...

Q. From my wife Pabhada since arrving here in July 2020 on a K-1 Fianice Visa she has endured the lengthly and costly LEGAL immigration process ( the USCIS  ) MISPLACED HER FILES 3 TIMES ... apart from this 

Q she asked me Why Tommy are Asian People not represented as much as BLACK People considering we aremore of a minority than the African Amercians ????

57.8% white, 18.7% Hispanic, 12.4% Black and 6% Asian  these are stats from 2020

I did not have a answer for my Wife .....

Does Fiverr ??

First of all: Fiverr is an international platform. It's not even american. It's based in Israel. A country built by the people who know all too well what real racism looks like. 

Secondly, not everything revolves around the US. That applies to demographics as well. 

Thirdly, I think you're looking very hard to find something "racist" in this. This woke stuff needs to end. Who cares if they are using black, white or asian people? They are human beings. 

The group I've seen care about "race" the most, are the people screaming "racism" at every oppurtunity. 

Instead of looking for "racism" where there are none, how about we stand together and fight real racism instead? We could start by looking closely at the groups of people perpetuating the idea that race matters in the first place. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 11

So... I tried to replicate what the OP did, and opened Fiverr in incognito mode. The landing page.

I saw: an African American (or African) woman, an Asian man (I do need glasses, but he didn't look like an African American to me), a woman who looks South Asian, a white man, and a white woman.

Edited by catwriter
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Not everything on the Internet is only American. As far as I know Fiverr isn't even based in the US.

Representation does matter in marketing of course, but I honestly don't think it's anything like that in this case. (I'm also certain ive seen people of all ethnicities and backgrounds on the pages before though I honestly don't pay that close attention to it.)

• Like 5

Kata , If you are aware to this issue as I am and I used to be active in the Advertising world internationaly for 2 yrs ...In the USA since the Riots and Lootings of 2020 Corporate Amercia have been running overtime with Over Representing the One Race over All others its so blatant a keen to the enactment of Affirmative Action in College adminssions ...

ALL RACES SHOULD BE REPRESENTED EQUALLY ..THAT WOULD BE TRUE EQUALITY .....Not just those who take to Rioting and Looting and Shooting to get our attention or the Dollars of Corporate America ...ex Fiverr

• Like 1
  • Up 1

Adding to this, I'd say that if we are to go by pure numbers, Han Chinese are the biggest ethnic group in the world. Going by your logic, we should avoid using them, since they are in fact a majority. And like I said: not everything revolves around the US nor their demographics. I'm a white, nordic male, living in Spain. I'm in a minority here in Spain. Maybe I should demand "representation" from Fiverr? More nordic people from Spain to the front page marketing material! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I am new to Fiver

Your account is from 2016.

And are you seriously saying that it's racist to have pictures of African people on an Israeli site?

she asked me Why Tommy are Asian People not represented as much as BLACK People considering we aremore of a minority than the African Amercians ????

Perhaps she could ask that about American sites. Fiverr is based in Israel.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1