"Receipt of doing" is hugely patronising

"You've officially accomplished something today."

Am I the only person here who finds this unpleasantly patronising? Please just send me the receipt so I can file taxes, I don't need your infantilising pat on the head. I accomplish things every day and have been doing so for years. This actually makes me feel worse about what I'm doing. "Here's your receipt" is perfectly adequate. Thanks. And congratulations, you've officially read a super-long e-mail from a user! Well done you! Go you! Feel free to get yourself a cookie.

34 minutes ago, delevine said:

"You've officially accomplished something today."

Am I the only person here who finds this unpleasantly patronising? Please just send me the receipt so I can file taxes, I don't need your infantilising pat on the head. I accomplish things every day and have been doing so for years. This actually makes me feel worse about what I'm doing. "Here's your receipt" is perfectly adequate. Thanks. And congratulations, you've officially read a super-long e-mail from a user! Well done you! Go you! Feel free to get yourself a cookie.

It's just part of the Fiverr marketing jargon. We're all "Doers". We "Do" stuff, you see. I always found the wording a bit weird, but frankly, I'm "doing" too much to care about the wording in Fiverr's receipts. 

They did send you a receipt so you can file taxes. I see no reason to get so easily offended by an e-mail receipt. 

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Thanks for the cookie! 

(P.S. If you want to bring your personal feeling of being offended by an e-mail receipt to Fiverr's attention, you need to contact support. We're just sellers and buyers here on the forum.)

• Like 1