How did you get your first order ?

hridoy419

3 minutes ago, iamattique said:

-- Ask some of your acquaintances to buy your service and put down a great review

Oh dear lord please please please do not do this. Not only it makes you look fake, I think it is not allowed, and Fiverr will think your gig is suspicious and that will make you not get sales. 

I think the author posting this is asking for your experience on getting a first order and not asking for advice? Maybe you should read before going around and copy pasting advice 😠 

• Like 5
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iamattique said:

Ask some of your acquaintances to buy your service and put down a great review

@nomuffinsforyou is correct, asking for positive reviews is dishonest and violates Fiverr TOS. You can advertise to your acquaintances, but they should only be ordering if they need to buy your services - not to leave a review.

2 hours ago, hridoy419 said:

How did you get your first order ?

Hi @hridoy419!

I wish my first order was a pleasant experience, but it was extremely stressful and unsettling. I posted my first gig for proofreading Nov 2021 and started to get inquiries after two weeks. However most of the inquiries were asking me to take business off the platform or asking me to share my email address. I was soooooo afraid of violating Fiverr TOS that I created a Quick Response in ALL CAPS that basically said: "***YOU ARE VIOLATING FIVERR TOS!!!***" Lol. 😅 I scared away a lot of scammers, but I also scared away a lot of legitimate buyers as well. Luckily I deleted that QR after a week. I realized most of my buyers were harmless and clueless of the rules, so I just had to let them know (tactfully!) that all communication must remain on Fiverr's platform.

Once I stopped scaring away potential buyers, I realized most of the inquiries weren't quite asking for proofreading. Some wanted data entry. Others wanted research and summaries. And others wanted resume writing. My first order (first 2 orders) were actually data entry orders with proofreading done at the end. It was unsettling for me because they weren't actually proofreading orders. Proofreading just kind of came with the finished product. So I spent the next week setting up six gigs based on the inquiries that I was getting from my proofreading gig. That's when things started to become more enjoyable because now I was offering services that were better tailored to my customers.

So for me, it was hard to get started because I was unsure of how the market would react to my gig. It was good that I only offered one gig to start off with (instead of 7 gigs that no one would buy). From that one gig, I created six gigs that were custom-tailored to my buyers. That first gig has never been a bestseller for me. This taught me that it's good to start with what you know, but listen to your buyers because they will tell you what they will pay for.

• Like 6
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1