Client keeps asking for more revisions

esprice2

This seems to be a topic discussed on here a lot, however, I have yet to see how to refuse a client from requesting any more revisions. I only offer one revision. Yet, I have a client who keeps demanding more and more - changing her mind constantly about how her story should go and demanding I rewrite it for her. I sent her additional services offer, but she's still demanding more free revisions. I've seen a lot of post that say, "just say no", but how do you do that?

Edited by esprice2
typo
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mae_creativity said:

Copy & paste:

This order has been delivered and is complete. It does not include further revisions. Thank you for your order. Sincerely, (your name).

The real question is not how to say no to no further revisions, the question is how to deal with the follow up 1 star review from a disgruntled buyer that may well drop your level and screw your profile in the long run if you don't have a lot of reviews. No good answer to that one, I'm afraid.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 5
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, visualstudios said:

The real question is not how to say no to no further revisions, the question is how to deal with the follow up 1 star review from a disgruntled buyer that may well drop your level and screw your profile in the long run if you don't have a lot of reviews. No good answer to that one, I'm afraid.

Listen, it happens from time to time. No one can avoid problematic people--online or off.

In my experience, the most you can do is be in sync with your intuition while messaging--before an order is placed. If you get a strong feeling that continuing with the buyer is just gonna lead to problems, let them know you are not available to do the work.

• Like 4
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mae_creativity said:

Listen, it happens from time to time. No one can avoid problematic people--online or off.

In my experience, the most you can do is be in sync with your intuition while messaging--before an order is placed. If you get a strong feeling that continuing with the buyer is just gonna lead to problems, let them know you are not available to do the work.

100% agree with this. It is very important to ''filter'' your buyers before the actual order is being placed.

For example, if a buyer is rude, demands guarantees of sales ( there is no such thing in digital marketing ) or asks to communicate outside of fiverr, those are instant red flags and I simply refuse to work with that buyer. In 99% of the cases, those are the buyers that request revisions for no reason, or they keep requesting revisions just to ask questions, basically delaying the order delivery and keeping you hostage.

• Like 3
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1