Fiverr should provide Buyers requests to the new sellers too. How many of you are agree?

gnosysfiverr

On 6/27/2022 at 9:29 PM, newsmike said:

You are making the mistake of assuming that people are honest as to their qualifications and experience here. In fact is you read the forum with any regularity, every day we call out people with outrageous lies on their gigs and profiles, with the vast majority coming from just a couple of places. So yes, in your example, assuming everyone is honest about their qualifications and experience, there is a small chance that you could find that rare gem.  Just yesterday, we called out a noob claiming to have expertise in 38 fields, and proficiency in 61 languages. However the volume of complaints here in the forum are evidence that noobs are very regularly lying about the country they are in, their level of English fluency, their profile picture their education, and their expertise. Other than that all good, right?  Bottom line is that noobs are a gamble that may be acceptable for people fooling around on Fiverr, but for professionals who are trying to get a job done, and done right the first time, TRS/PRO sellers are the best way to insure that. 

You're right in saying that you can never be sure if a seller is honest.
Indeed my comparison was under the assumption we're dealing with honest sellers. Of course, on Fiverr it's a gamble and vetted sellers are always a safer choice of course.

Proficiency in 61 languages and 38 expertises, haha. If only all scammers were so easy to spot!

• Like 6

On 6/27/2022 at 5:30 PM, gnosysfiverr said:

Fiverr needs to do to promote new talent.

If Fiverr were a talent agency that vetted everyone who joined, perhaps. But Fiverr isn't primarily a promoter. They are, first and foremost, simply a platform for talent to congregate. They're in the business of a form of 'matchmaking', and let the free-market do it's thing. 

Have you read this topic? https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/263089-about-ranking-your-gig/

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 7:58 PM, imagination7413 said:

If Fiverr were a talent agency that vetted everyone who joined, perhaps. But Fiverr isn't primarily a promoter. They are, first and foremost, simply a platform for talent to congregate. They're in the business of a form of 'matchmaking', and let the free-market do it's thing. 

Have you read this topic? https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/263089-about-ranking-your-gig/

I quite like the story telling that was in the post.

I don't completely agree with @rachelbostwick - where she assumes that a new seller is cutting corners to get business (surely there are quite a few of them in Fiverr). There are people like me who are running a successful agency outside of Fiverr and are looking at marketplaces to expand their business.

• Like 2