Have you encountered buyers who just chat and waste your time and never place an order?

blazegoldburst

Yes!!!  My gigs do attract buyers who are very chatty and don't really want to order, just gain clarity on their next steps (in their career or building an ecourse business). Most of the time I can bring closure to the conversation by suggesting my consultation fee for chats.

I only had to block one buyer because he wouldn't stop when I asked him to. He would spend 3 hours a day telling his life story (whether I was listening to him or not). After two days, I blocked him. He came back after a month later under a different name, but I immediately recognized him and blocked him again. He must have been very lonely!

How about you, @blazegoldburst? What buyers are visiting your gigs?

• Like 18
  • Haha 4
  • Up 1

On 6/4/2022 at 11:15 AM, vickieito said:

Yes!!!  My gigs do attract buyers who are very chatty and don't really want to order, just gain clarity on their next steps (in their career or building an ecourse business). Most of the time I can bring closure to the conversation by suggesting my consultation fee for chats.

I only had to block one buyer because he wouldn't stop when I asked him to. He would spend 3 hours a day telling his life story (whether I was listening to him or not). After two days, I blocked him. He came back after a month later under a different name, but I immediately recognized him and blocked him again. He must have been very lonely!

How about you, @blazegoldburst? What buyers are visiting your gigs?

@vickieito Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. I have usually come across people who want to extract information only and try to trick you into believing that they are genuinely interested. I usually sell Publishing and Book Marketing Gigs. It usually involves a lot of work, especially the Video Content Creation in Book marketing. I have a youtube channel to showcase the works which have been done previously. But most of the time, I have encountered buyers who are mostly interested to chat and chat, only for the sake of information or they have highly unrealistic expectations and want us to work in a low budget. Suppose, if a work could cost 200 USD, then they would expect that if it could be done in 10 USD. Most of the time they are not the right fit to work with and therefore, I feel most of them are kind of confused. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2022 at 6:06 AM, blazegoldburst said:

Have you encountered buyers who just chat and waste your time and never place an order? They come and talk to just waste your time and keep on asking questions but have no intention to order. Have you encountered such people?

Oh yes. This especially happens when Gen Z or Millenial "buyers" with big plans and "visions to enable *insert random buzzword here*" comes along. They will often offer a piece of the cake, promising bonuses and even shares, and of course, loads of work in the future. 

Usually, they end up working at McDonalds or spending their dads money with someone who will let then waste their time. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 6

Yes. I'm as helpful as possible, but I do not offer business consultation services. People do not chat about non-business/writing related topics (Most of the time. I had one just a few weeks ago who decided I needed to know about their upcoming surgery in detail.) but quite a few want me to come up with complete content marketing or website creation strategies for them through the Inbox. Over the years, I've learned to become quite protective of my non-billable hours.

Edited by melanielm
  • Like 10

On 6/4/2022 at 12:06 AM, blazegoldburst said:

They come and talk to just waste your time and keep on asking questions but have no intention to order.

Once someone has gone beyond the reasonable question period, I respond, 'Once you send the script and place the order, we can work all that out,"  Here like most other things, it is up to you to set the boundaries and the rules. 

• Like 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

Just this past week, a buyer asked if I previously offered business letter writing, and I told them that once I did, but it was a service I no longer offered.

Then they sent me a business letter they had written and wanted me to evaluate and give them pointers on how to improve it. I told them it was fine as it was okay, and I did not want to spend any more time "chatting" with them.

Next, he sent me a list of suggestions for improvements he had received from "others". That was when I sent him this QR:
Hello, {username},

I would be happy to discuss that with you. 🙂

Please hold on while I prepare a custom offer for you to give me $45 for 15 minutes of my time to discuss anything you wish. 💸

I look forward to our discussion after you have accepted the custom offer.

Vickie Spencer 🤓

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1