Jump to content

I started Fiverr in 2018, When did you?


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, rabia_sabir said:

I started FIverr in 2018, so it's almost 4 years now. I would describe Fiverr in one word than other platforms is "Autopilot". What would you say to it?

I started in 2016, and love the fact that within the TOS guidelines, you can run your business pretty much how you like, plus instead of being stagnant, they have some new enhancement every month or so. Some great, some not so much, but at least they are constantly trying new things. BTW, enjoying your posts.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, newsmike said:

I started in 2016, and love the fact that within the TOS guidelines, you can run your business pretty much how you like, plus instead of being stagnant, they have some new enhancement every month or so. Some great, some not so much, but at least they are constantly trying new things. BTW, enjoying your posts.

Thank you so much Mike, I'm enjoying your inputs. Hope we can collaborate anytime in future. 

Rabia

  • Like 6
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, newsmike said:

I started in 2016, and love the fact that within the TOS guidelines, you can run your business pretty much how you like, plus instead of being stagnant, they have some new enhancement every month or so. Some great, some not so much, but at least they are constantly trying new things. BTW, enjoying your posts.

You are right Sir, I joined Fiverr in 2019 but started work regularly from last year 2021. But Now I've completed my TRS Requirements. I really Love to work with this platform. 

  • Like 8
  • Congrats! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't say autopilot, I find that you need to be constantly tweaking, polishing and improving your gigs to keep performance up. If I had to pick a word, it would be "storefront", that's the distinguishing characteristic for me vs other freelance platforms. And just like with a brick and mortar storefront, if you leave a static display up for years with no changes, your results won't be that great in the long run!

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am going to start art commissions on Fiverr next month, I am so excited!! I agree with @visualstudios about the description of Fiverr. It does feel like people setting up a shop! I love the regular posters here on the forum, they are all so kind, friendly and helpful for people who genuinely need help! 

I am most excited on doing stuff for the graphics for streamers section!! Even though it sounds like a lot of work, but I really feel like its going to be super super fun!! 😄 

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2022 at 7:22 PM, rabia_sabir said:

I started FIverr in 2018, so it's almost 4 years now. I would describe Fiverr in one word than other platforms is "Autopilot". What would you say to it?

I started in 2013.

As for the “autopilot” statement, I have to say that it’s true, until you need to do your first crash landing.

In a swamp. 

Full of alligators.

That hold AR-15s.

  • Like 7
  • Haha 4
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2016, too. In one word...? Hm, in my native language, it would be one word, in English... I hope kind of one word is okay, too... time-efficient

The Fiverr forum, however, is anything but. 😅

As for autopilot, yeah, no. But it is time-efficient, and, specifically, it saves me from a lot of the things I hate most, like paperwork, writing applications/proposals/pitches/whatever other platforms may call it, sending CVs, chasing customers. 💚 Fiverr.  The % of time I can spend on actual work, which I don't mind or often even love, is very high, and the % of trappings is low. 

Time-wise, if there was no spam, it would be pretty much as perfect as it can get. 

Edited by miiila
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, frank_d said:

I started in 2013.

As for the “autopilot” statement, I have to say that it’s true, until you need to do your first crash landing.

In a swamp. 

Full of alligators.

That hold AR-15s.

 

 

 

Hahah you got it. But I said this comparatively. Even if you start upwork or any other, you’ll still have to perform an A job to be at some point

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...