Nobody is ordering art from my gig

rivqua543

I've been a few months on the site and still did not got any sales.

I tried to change my gig description, pictures or even price. But still no sales.

How to get atleast this very first order and review when nobody is ordering?

Here's my gig:

Draw your fursona, furry character in my artstyle sfw by Rivqua543 | Fiverr

Edited by rivqua543
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• rivqua543 changed the title to Nobody is ordering art from my gig
30 minutes ago, rivqua543 said:

This is an unfortunate reality for a lot of sellers here. You aren't guaranteed sales just because you have a gig.

I do think you'll find some valuable tips here, learn from them and take action:

• Like 2
  • Up 1

12 hours ago, rivqua543 said:

I tried to change my gig description, pictures or even price. But still no sales.

Perhaps you have not accurately understood your market. For example, how strong of a market is there for customized furry portraits? Perhaps that is as big a market as the tens of people who absolutely must have a portrait of themselves drawn to look like Albert Einstein.

If you want orders, you NEED to understand your market. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1

42 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

Perhaps you have not accurately understood your market. For example, how strong of a market is there for customized furry portraits? Perhaps that is as big a market as the tens of people who absolutely must have a portrait of themselves drawn to look like Albert Einstein.

Uh oh, I think you would be surprised if you went down that path of the internet 😮 The market is actually huge!

12 hours ago, rivqua543 said:

Here's my gig:

I took a look at your gig >u< This is from someone giving advice that doesn't have commissions yet on Fiverr (I have some outside of Fiverr) so take with a grain of salt xD

I like your art! There is a problem though, is this your best art? Do you have anything that looks really really good that other people say "wow I really like it"? Perhaps finding someone to help critique and improve your art will be best 🙂 Since you only have 3 pictures to show that you are good at what you do, place only the best artwork on there. If you have even more, maybe you can show multiple drawings in one picture? I also see you have a full body package, but no full body art for examples. Maybe you can take that into consideration? 

Also try searching for other people's gigs that draw furry art like you. If you think your art can compete with them, go for it! If you think no, do not worry, nobody can make the best art the first time they draw. Take some time to practice your skills! You can see their gigs as inspiration, but remember to never copy! 

Another problem I see with your gig, unlimited revisions. THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS, especially if you are doing art. There are going to be that scummy people who try to make revisions when your art is done and request for new drawing altogether. These people are trying to get art for free from you! Never put unlimited revisions on art commissions, it's going to attract a lot of scammers u_u

That's all the advice I can give you, good luck! 😄 

• Like 1
  • Up 1

For me, this is again a nice example of a seller who did not research in advance the services that he wants to provide on Fiverr. 
I made my account and after 2 months I created my first Gig. I used 2 months to study and prepare myself. 
I started with Gigs only when I was sure to sell my services on Fiverr with profits. I selected something with low competition and high demand. After 1 year, I have no competition from other sellers anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Up 1

44 minutes ago, nomuffinsforyou said:

Do you have anything that looks really really good that other people say "wow I really like it"? Perhaps finding someone to help critique and improve your art will be best

Nah, even wow I really like it might not work if there is no market for that 😉 

All artists start with commission art but if you think wider it doesn’t work because people don’t know how to make a use of it. You guys need to come up with ideas and make it easy for your clients to know how to use your art and most likely that means changing your services and offering. 
For example: @nomuffinsforyou I remember you said you are making doodles, so here is a free advice that I don’t usually give 😉 🙈 : make your doodles work, offer to make cute stickers made of your doodles, or make cute gifs of your doodles (easy peasy with procreate app nowadays) for twitch, again for insta stickers etc, people love that, people understand that, people search for that, people don’t  search for commissioned art. 

• Like 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Nah, even wow I really like it might not work if there is no market for that 😉 

All artists start with commission art but if you think wider it doesn’t work because people don’t know how to make a use of it. You guys need to come up with ideas and make it easy for your clients to know how to use your art and most likely that means changing your services and offering. 
For example: @nomuffinsforyou I remember you said you are making doodles, so here is a free advice that I don’t usually give 😉 🙈 : make your doodles work, offer to make cute stickers made of your doodles, or make cute gifs of your doodles (easy peasy with procreate app nowadays) for twitch, again for insta stickers etc, people love that, people understand that, people search for that, people don’t  search for commissioned art. 

Oh!! You are right!! I want to make my art into like, a phone wallpaper or desktop wallpaper for others, or as a merchandise design, or a banner or profile picture for Youtube! I will make more gig for specific purposes then, after my exam (need to research and stuff)! Thank you so much for advice!! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nomuffinsforyou said:

Uh oh, I think you would be surprised if you went down that path of the internet 😮 The market is actually huge!

The internet is huge, yes, I am aware of this, but are there enough people willing to PAY to have their portrait drawn as a furry, by a new freelancer on Fiverr? That's my point. That doesn't seem like a particularly profitable (long-term) market. This would seem to be supported by the fact that the OP has been here for months, and has not had a single order for that service from the Fiverr marketplace.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 9:19 AM, jonbaas said:

The internet is huge, yes, I am aware of this, but are there enough people willing to PAY to have their portrait drawn as a furry, by a new freelancer on Fiverr? That's my point. That doesn't seem like a particularly profitable (long-term) market. This would seem to be supported by the fact that the OP has been here for months, and has not had a single order for that service from the Fiverr marketplace.

Yes, lots. Furry art is often considered to be the largest community based art market worth tens of millions per year at a low estimate. Lots of people spend lots of money on furry art .

And that is the issue. It's a huge market that has lots of competition. There are other fiverr artists whom gave spent months with no orders but after I gave them their first few they have gone on to have hundreds of orders.

Ops problem is his art isn't standing out for most on its own. They just need someone to take a leap of faith to get the ball rolling, get them some reviews and show off a bit of portfolio.

• Like 1