How to ask for refund from seller?

myjiasingh

Question

Hi,

Can someone advice me.

Situation -

Seller was selling this  -> "he would make anime sketch according to buyer's taste"

Before payment, I made sure that I want anime just like my sketch. He told me - yes he could make anime sketch like min.

But in reality, he doesn't know sketching, he traces anime figure from internet.

When I told him that you haven't made sketch as per my guideline.

He told me - he don't know sketching and he trace illustration.

I asked him for refund.

He told me that, he has called fiver and soon they will refund but fiverr till now send me any message.

What should I do?

Edited by myjiasingh
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 answers to this question

Has he delivered the work already? If so, click the "reject" button on the order page.

Then (or if the buyer never delivered the order), click the resolution center and press the button to request the delivery be cancelled.

The seller will then have to press "accept" and you will get a refund 

Edited by joyh97
  • Like 2
  • Up 1

35 minutes ago, myjiasingh said:

It's been 9 hours. I haven't received any reply from fiverr.

If he did contact Fiverr, sometimes Customer Support can take a day or more in some cases to respond. But as a seller (or at least as I would expect from an experienced seller) they would know they don't need to contact CS at this point and he can still initiate the refund on his own. So I am thinking either he doesn't know that he can or he just doesn't want to.

36 minutes ago, myjiasingh said:

Order is not marked complete because he haven't finished the work

So I am assuming he did "deliver" the work in some way. Such as you received a notification that the seller delivered your order?

Anyhow, the order is not yet marked as complete. As a buyer, you can personally be able to initiate the cancellation. Fiverr Customer Support doesn't have to be involved yet as long as the order is not yet marked as complete. 

You can read the steps here: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/4416953059473-How-to-cancel-an-order?segment=buyer

In case you have any further issues that you cannot solve together, you can contact Customer Support as well (support@fiverr.com) with the Order Number. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1

3 minutes ago, myjiasingh said:

He told me that, he has called fiver and soon they will refund but fiverr till now send me any message.

How many hours/days has it been since he said that? Because he could be telling the truth or he could be lying. Is the order marked as complete?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's been 9 hours. I haven't received any reply from fiverr.

I am new to fiverr. I don't know how things work here.

Order is not marked complete because he haven't finished the work. I made him stop when I saw his sketching skill and later he accepted that he don't know sketching and he has traced the illustration from internet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1