Forum Groups/Clubs/Area Poll

uk1000

Forum groups/clubs/areas Poll  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What type of groups/clubs/area(s) would you most like on the Fiverr forum?

• Groups/Clubs/Areas that are mainly/soley for organizing in-person Fiverr meetings in your country
    • Groups/Clubs/Forum areas that are NOT mainly/soley for in-person Fiverr meetings in your country
    • Not interested in Fiverr Forum groups/clubs/areas
    • Other
    • N/A
  2. 2. Do you think some sort of forum group/club/area should allow for forum members from multiple countries?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other
  3. 3. How beneficial do you think sellers travelling to physical meetings is when Fiverr is a digital services company?

• Very beneficial
    • Not Very beneficial
    • Other

7 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

What type of groups/clubs/area(s) would you most like on Fiverr?

On the old forum there used to be the lounge area. Groups/clubs have been talked about but they don't exist on the forum yet.

It's coming, according to @frank_d so we have something to look forward to. 

• Like 4
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't think this poll will yield any objective results.

First of all, you haven't seen what Fiverr has planned and how it will be implemented.

Secondly, the third question is kind of making a statement. 

But sure, let's see how people vote, that will be interesting to see.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3

I'd love to have in person meetings per country / geographical area. That's something that is missing from the freelance lifestyle, networking. Yeah, you can network online, but the business opportunities that arise when people are drinking cocktails together tend to be so much better. Way easier to negotiate with drunk people.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

I've watched SO many conference and/or convention panels and talks, on SO many topics. GDC (Game Developers Conference), RECon (Reality Escape Conference), Defcon, NDC Conferences, ComicCon, SakuraCon, TED and TEDx-talks, etc. and topics ranging from font-design to business-ethics to voice acting. (I've even managed to catch one of Frank_D's talks, once.)

Conferences can be great, alternative perspectives can be great, learning can be great, the environment of knowing you're among like-minded folks can be great.

That said, an in-person meetup can just as easily result in exactly what we see in the forums every day. Yes, it does take a further commitment (time, plan, and expenses) to actually make a trip which usually helps with barrier to entry. On the other hand, it's also equal/greater investment on the people creating/hosting the meetup, meaning they want it to be worth it for whoever comes. 

Fiverr's track record, though, is very inconsistent. A con could be great, it could be a flop: a con is often only as good as it's talkers, most of it depends on who the host gets for the panels.

• Like 3
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nomuffinsforyou said:

Can you explain what is it like

On the old Fiverr forum when you had been active on the forum enough (posting etc.) within a certain time period (like the last month or however long it was) you got access to an area of the forum called the lounge I think, that only other users who had the right badge (Regular or above) got access to. So you could access the threads that only those with the Regular badge or above had created. Though if you then weren't active enough you could lose the Regular badge and lose access to that part of the forum.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4
  • Up 1

It was nice.

The old forum. I miss it. The 'Regular' trust level came with a few perks, the 'Level 3&4 Lounge' access being only one of them. 

---

On-topic: Most conventions are still seeing post-2020 hardships, so I can see that being another reason to 'keep it local', even though a wider draw would theoretically make them more viable to put on.

My main curiosity is: How would they be paid for? Cons sell stuff, usually physical goods. A Fiverr meetup might be a logistical nightmare to pay for itself.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

The 'Regular' trust level came with a few perks, the 'Level 3&4 Lounge' access being only one of them. 

I have never gotten in the Lounge, probably because I just make random remarks to posts of interest. Hahaha I was never the helpful one 😕 

• Like 3
  • Up 1