Which Countries Buyers We should Deny?

rayanhood7898

Question

Russia's situation is very specific, so I see why Fiverr did what they did there.

However, as Maria said, we should never discriminate anyone. 

You have 6 posts here and the 6th one is about blocking buyers from other countries? Come on dude... focus on self-development and growing on Fiverr, you shouldn't care about locking or blocking others.... Be more constructive.. We don't need people that are negative on the forum (there are plenty of them already lol).

• Like 18
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 5

7 hours ago, rayanhood7898 said:

Which Countries Buyers We should Deny?

Some don't want to work with buyers or sellers from your country, have you thought about that? And how do you feel about that? And if that doesn't feel nice, why would you want to discriminate against buyers based on their country alone?

• Like 10
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, fahadtech said:

YOU CANNOT DENY SERVICES THAT YOU OFFER TO ANY CLIENT ASKING.

I'm very curious about the convo with CS on this, what was the reason that you asked for?

I'm pretty certain that denying orders as is isn't against the TOS. (for example, I have to deny several if I'm overbooked or I'm not the best person for the job.) NEVER have I had to prove it to CS or anyone...
(if you mean once an order has been placed and you want to cancel for very little reason, that I suppose is understandable.)
Anyway, you could be right, I'm just... pretty concerned if this really is the case (since 'reasons' can vary quite a lot and CS might not accept all of them, etc.?)

• Like 11
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

Do people really look at this information when the buyer contacts them for the first time? I suppose you can notice it in passing since it is displayed with their username, but their country of origin never really registers in my mind.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, melanielm said:

but their country of origin never really registers in my mind

Same! I never really notice what country any of my buyers are from unless I see that there’s a huge time zone difference (for buyers on the other side of the world). 

• Like 8
  • Congrats! 1

19 hours ago, fahadtech said:

Because in some cases they cannot have a live zoom meeting and explain some details that directly effect the work and also help seller speed up the work. Instead they would rather communicate over text as a middle man between the actual client and the developer, now imagine the work performance in this case.

You didn't need a zoom meeting to tell us what you think about this issue. When we write, we're forced to think, we can edit what we wrote before clicking "submit reply." We are careful because if we write something offensive, it can be used against us. 

Can you record a zoom meeting? Will customer service bother to look at the video? 

I think discriminating on the basis of nationality is a mistake. Fiverr is a global platform, the nationality of buyers and sellers is usually irrelevant, unless you need someone that understands a particular culture or nation.     

• Like 8
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/1/2022 at 2:43 PM, melanielm said:

Do people really look at this information when the buyer contacts them for the first time?

Some do, yes. Not when they first join, but after having a series of bad experiences with buyers from a certain country (or certain countries), they start avoiding buyers from those countries.

Some are even very open about it; I remember someone complaining on the forum that they got an account warning for refusing to work with a buyer from a certain country (and they didn't try to conceal the real reason, they openly said they didn't want to work with any buyer from that country because they turned out to be problematic, overdemanding, and demanding cancellation after the work was done).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shahzadaseo said:

You Should not Deny to any country buyers because all fingers are not equal. The whole world is mixture of Good and Bad people. You should be positive and try to deliver THE BEST. 👍

1 hour ago, vfxmix said:

ou Should not Deny any country buyers because all fingers are not equal. The whole world is a mixture of Good and Bad people. You should be positive and try to deliver THE BEST. 👍

Speaking of BEST. It is Best @vfxmix it is best to think of your own comments and not copy someone else.

• Like 9
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, katakatica said:

I'm very curious about the convo with CS on this, what was the reason that you asked for?

I can share but like I said I had a good reason to see a pattern of buyers from specific countries outsourcing jobs picked up from other marketplaces without fully understanding it and also with tight timelines.

I have to deny several if I'm overbooked or I'm not the best person for the job

If you are overbooked you can always pause gigs or go out of office to not take any new requests. Also if any job technically falls under your gig description then Fiverr believes you are the best person for this job. So modifying gig with strict conditions after it has been established is a good thing.

NEVER have I had to prove it to CS

Not If any client complaints. I have orders more than 300 days late and I have had CS close orders only a few days late. Like I said if client complaints.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, fahadtech said:

ask them subtly whether they are outsourcing the work or if its their own work and do they understand it or not, so you would have a reason for not taking up the job and can provide evidence when required.

There are a lot of people who outsource from Fiverr, I don't know why it would be important to inform the seller that they are outsourcing unless it is needed info to complete the order. It isn't also against ToS to outsource from here as long as it is paid for as what was deemed as the fair and advertised price by the seller for such project.

Price your gigs accordingly and set an appropriate timeline. If they don't understand what you advertise you can do, don't respect your prices, and don't follow your delivery then don't work with them. You can tell CS when that happens. It doesn't affect cancellation rate, as long as you know how to communicate properly what went wrong.

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010560198-Order-Completion-Rate-and-Cancellations-FAQ

Can I avoid a cancellation’s effect on my Order Completion Rate?
All cancellations, including those handled by Customer Support, can affect your OCR. On rare occasions (such as fraudulent purchases, buyers ordering by mistake, or the seller not having enough information to start working on an order) cancelation will be handled as to not affect your OCR. If your order is canceled under such circumstances, reach out to Customer Support to investigate the effect of the cancellation on your account.

---

What happens if there are buyers from that country that aren't outsourcing? Do you wish to leave out potential sales? Anyway, its just a matter of clear communication.

• Like 9
  • Congrats! 1

22 minutes ago, theratypist said:

why it would be important to inform the seller that they are outsourcing unless it is needed info to complete the order

Because in some cases they cannot have a live zoom meeting and explain some details that directly effect the work and also help seller speed up the work. Instead they would rather communicate over text as a middle man between the actual client and the developer, now imagine the work performance in this case.

26 minutes ago, theratypist said:

It isn't also against ToS to outsource

I understand, but I am not talking about a guy outsourcing shirt design on behalf of his team. I am talking about people picking up a job from fiverr and then getting it done on fiverr kind of scenario.

33 minutes ago, theratypist said:

You can tell CS when that happens. It doesn't affect cancellation rate

Tell me about it ! I have had at least three orders cancelled by CS on buyer's request just because I skipped some minor detail that I would happily offer my past clients even after order completion. And also that too, very conveniently just after the buyer asked me to redeliver with the source code. Interesting right. Let me tell you something more interesting, one buyer's country changed mid order. I asked, they denied and then agreed.
I explained the whole thing to support, they agreed but still declined to reverse cancellation rate, I kinda asked again, they gave a very important advise that if there is still time remaining in order then they take seller's side and give time before any action else if its delivered but late then the buyer has the advantage because they cannot afford late.

Trust me when I say my reasons were purely professional, this cost me my level on two separate occasions.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

13 minutes ago, fahadtech said:

Instead they would rather communicate over text as a middle man between the actual client and the developer, now imagine the work performance in this case.

That makes sense and I can see how people will avoid a meeting. But you really can't force buyers to do video meeting even if they weren't outsourcing.

14 minutes ago, fahadtech said:

I understand, but I am not talking about a guy outsourcing shirt design on behalf of his team. I am talking about people picking up a job from fiverr and then getting it done on fiverr kind of scenario.

Even this set-up is not against ToS.

14 minutes ago, fahadtech said:

Tell me about it ! I have had at least three orders cancelled by CS on buyer's request just because I skipped some minor detail that I would happily offer my past clients even after order completion.

I can see how this could have been solved with proper communication if the buyer just asked for it properly. There really are just some bad buyers who abuse the system. I guess you can vouch potential clients better before taking on the job or starting the order.

But it is unlikely that Fiverr will ever support blocking a country. So the most you can do is just communicate as clearly as possible with them...

• Like 7
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

38 minutes ago, theratypist said:

you really can't force buyers to do video meeting

Yes but In my kind of work this affect timeline, charges and last but not the least comfort.

40 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Even this set-up is not against ToS.

Wow, are you sure ? I am confused, doesn't it affect Fiverr QoS ?

41 minutes ago, theratypist said:

I guess you can vouch potential clients better before taking on the job or starting the order

How ?

41 minutes ago, theratypist said:

unlikely that Fiverr will ever support blocking a country

Yes like I said NOT ALLOWED

• Like 7
  • Up 1

4 minutes ago, fahadtech said:

Wow, are you sure ? I am confused, doesn't it affect Fiverr QoS ?

Where in the Fiverr ToS does it say it's not allowed to resell on Fiverr work that you've bought on Fiverr? I wouldn't do it and it also might insult some people's moral grounds but how is it breaking Terms of Service? You already own the product you bought from the seller. You can do whatever you want with it, commercial license and etc applicable when necessary. It is breaking ToS if you replicate the same gig exactly as how the original seller presented theirs.

Just because it affects QoS doesnt mean its breaking ToS. How will Fiverr even regulate this, scan every delivery? Everyone can be a buyer and seller at the same time. 

11 minutes ago, fahadtech said:

How ?

I don't do the same service you are doing so that is up to you. I just mean you are using Fiverr, and unfortunate as it is on some orders that have to be cancelled, the most you can do is try to learn from every past order that went wrong. With the unfortunate experiences you've seen you can tell better now if they are reselling (since they likely must have a seller profile doing the same service as you - as you said picking up a job in fiverr and getting it done on Fiverr), if they're from the country you're avoiding, etc. You can choose from the start not to work with them. Yes it might affect your cancellation ratio if they placed an order directly but at least you didn't spend the time doing the work.

23 hours ago, fahadtech said:

If you do not have a valid reason to let down the job but you just don't like some buyers based on your personal liking then that is not only despicable but also NOT ALLOWED.

I just want to reiterate, you can choose not to work with a buyer through initiating a cancellation. Yes, you can't stop buyers from purchasing from you but you can cancel an order. Of course Fiverr doesn't like that and your cancellation can take a hit. But what is the point of doing the work and in the end still facing a cancellation (since that is what you're implying happens with these unscrupulous buyers)? Might as well cancel from the start saying you aren't a good fit. 

Here is the Fiverr terms of service in case you want to read: https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

• Like 8
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

I think every country have good and bad buyers, but I always look forward to work with buyers from all the countries.

My aim is to provide great quality work and great customer support so that is why my buyers are usually very happy with me. But in my experience, Asian buyers are choosier and harder to make happy. USA & Europe buyers are usually very friendly and understanding. 

Thanks 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2022 at 6:45 PM, habib840 said:

Dear freelancer,

Thanks for your post. The buyers of Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Nigeria and Srilanka must be denied.

Best of luck. Happy Freelancing.

Why are we encouraging denying buyers from countries. Deny buyers based on their attitude and behavior on the site, individual cases regardless of country.

• Like 8