Jump to content
  • 0

Fiverr algorithm becomes more complex for the seller


kabirbd66
 Share

Question

  • Conversion rate
  • Avg. selling price rate
  • Repeat business rate
  • Inbox response rate
  • Inbox response rate
  • Order response rate
  • Delivered on time rate
  • Order completion

So many rating systems are complicating  Fiverr marketplace for sellers. Fiverr should be somewhat more flexible for sellers. What do you think?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
6 minutes ago, kabirbd66 said:
  • Conversion rate
  • Avg. selling price rate
  • Repeat business rate
  • Inbox response rate
  • Inbox response rate
  • Order response rate
  • Delivered on time rate
  • Order completion

So many rating systems are complicating  Fiverr marketplace for sellers. Fiverr should be somewhat more flexible for sellers. What do you think?

Why? Because you don't want to put in the work and research it takes to be successful as a business? 

These metrics are there for a reason. To maintain the high quality provided by sellers, to weed out the bad sellers, to ensure the buyers can trust the platform, and to help us as sellers improve our business.

That means you need to put in the effort if you want to succeed. If a seller don't wish to do so, they don't deserve to be listed next to a seller that does. It's about taking your business seriously. 

Asking for more flexibility is basically saying "I don't want to sell more, deliver great quality, on time and be responsive. I want to do business my way, yet I want to be just as successful as the people who actually do work hard for their success". 

Nope. 

If anything, I think Fiverr should become more restrictive with who they let onto the platform. Not less. That way, we can separate the wheat from the chaff and make Fiverr known for its quality, rather than its quantity. 

  • Like 9
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1
1 hour ago, smashradio said:

Why? Because you don't want to put in the work and research it takes to be successful as a business? 

These metrics are there for a reason. To maintain the high quality provided by sellers, to weed out the bad sellers, to ensure the buyers can trust the platform, and to help us as sellers improve our business.

That means you need to put in the effort if you want to succeed. If a seller don't wish to do so, they don't deserve to be listed next to a seller that does. It's about taking your business seriously. 

Asking for more flexibility is basically saying "I don't want to sell more, deliver great quality, on time and be responsive. I want to do business my way, yet I want to be just as successful as the people who actually do work hard for their success". 

Nope. 

If anything, I think Fiverr should become more restrictive with who they let onto the platform. Not less. That way, we can separate the wheat from the chaff and make Fiverr known for its quality, rather than its quantity. 

I'm 100% Agreed with You. Thanks for Explaining briefly. 

  • Like 4
  • Congrats! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1
1 hour ago, kabirbd66 said:

Fiverr should be somewhat more flexible for sellers. What do you think?

I think you can’t even imagine how much more complex fiverr algorithm is than what you wrote 😁 

There are loads hidden stats and private hidden feedback. And those just statistics. I’m not even talking about algorithm itself. 

  • Like 7
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1

I see your point, and unlike the comments that stated or suggested a laziness in someone who does not like all these I respectfully disagree with them. It is an idea that comes from a control standpoint. It removes some of the creativity and enjoyment out of the work. A bit on the rigid side, more A-brain I suppose.

I agree with you in the aspect it seems like a lot. I couldn't imaging the algorithms that are computing further using these features and more not known by us. I do like a more simplified system. Why not just have one rating for customers, clean and simple. They see you have a satisfaction score of 4/5 and they don't really care how you got that in detail just that 4/5 were satisfied. Do customers need to see each broken down? Some sellers obviously get pleasure from these stats. I don't know. I do know I never look at that when choosing anything to buy. I just look at the total outcome and comments. I mean as an intelligent being we know there are going to be unhappy customers, can't make everyone happy. I just choose to know why they are unhappy and if it is them with wrong expectations or the seller who did wrong, why, and did they improve by the other comments. I suppose one could have all those listed in the private area for sellers who would like to know how they scored on a more detailed system to know where to improve, that can be helpful. The better you do the better Fiverr does, but does it need to be posted to public in detail? or just in the private dashboard on your personal review section?

I see both sides of the issue, I suppose it is what you take from it and how you use it to improve your business. perhaps it is information that is not needed if you are able to improve without it. 

  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1
2 hours ago, squirrelyfreela said:

Do customers need to see each broken down? Some sellers obviously get pleasure from these stats. I don't know. I do know I never look at that when choosing anything to buy. I just look at the total outcome and comments.

The better you do the better Fiverr does, but does it need to be posted to public in detail? or just in the private dashboard on your personal review section.

  

I don't think the buyers see these! Do they? I am a buyer too and I cannot see those metrics at all when I look at sellers' profiles. I always thought they were just for our own benefit--so we know where to target our best efforts to stay ahead.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1
53 minutes ago, anniejenkinson said:

I don't think the buyers see these! Do they? I am a buyer too and I cannot see those metrics at all when I look at sellers' profiles. I always thought they were just for our own benefit--so we know where to target our best efforts to stay ahead.

When I said, "Do customers ...." I was actually asking with the idea of, do they need to see it too? Do they want to? I am sure that sellers would get pleasure from it. When I look at any company that does display these stats I don't like and don't look at that. 

It was not in any way saying that a customer views your personal status on Fiverr or otherwise here. I am unsure why you felt I was saying otherwise. The discussion was taking into consideration all view points and showing the different angles as to view it. Nothing more. 

I apologies if I was confusing to you, but I was as seen in the entire comment taking into consideration other angles of viewing the original comment presented. I hope that makes more sense to you. 

Edited by squirrelyfreela
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...