Add Top Clients !

sseoexpert

I know I have to received notification for it but i am confused about one Thing People Have added Fiverr & Google In Their Top Clients How Its Possible ? I Don't think so they have worked for fiverr & google. What is that anyone Know ? If i get that notification what will be the process to add google and fiverr. Thank you

2A39xZg.png

• Like 12
  • Up 1

And what makes you so certain that they haven't worked with Google or Fiverr? We know for a fact that Fiverr does occasionally hire their own sellers to do something. And we know, for example, that @frank_dmade a video for Microsoft. And that the guy who created the Apple logo was on Fiverr for a while (I haven't checked to see if he's still around).

3 hours ago, sseoexpert said:

If i get that notification what will be the process to add google and fiverr.

If you did work with them in the past, you contact them and ask for their permission to use their name and logo as your Top Clients, and describe what work you did for them as your clients. If they were never your clients, though, you're not allowed to add them.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, catwriter said:

And what makes you so certain that they haven't worked with Google or Fiverr? We know for a fact that Fiverr does occasionally hire their own sellers to do something. And we know, for example, that @frank_dmade a video for Microsoft. And that the guy who created the Apple logo was on Fiverr for a while (I haven't checked to see if he's still around).

If you did work with them in the past, you contact them and ask for their permission to use their name and logo as your Top Clients, and describe what work you did for them as your clients. If they were never your clients, though, you're not allowed to add them.

Fiverr hires its own sellers almost exclusively, when they need stuff made.

Only exception being when they need marketing strategy and above the line stuff.

As for Google, Amazon and the rest: I have spotted several sellers abusing this. They list Google because they use Adsense or Amazon because they make Amazon listings.

Fiverr knows about this and will eventually address it. But right now, a good percentage of sellers add companies that they never worked for.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, frank_d said:

They list Google because they use Adsense or Amazon because they make Amazon listings.

Wait, what? I really thought they did work for those, like you did for Microsoft.

The only Top Client on someone's profile that puzzled me so far was Medium, because it looked like they added it simply because they published something there, which literally anyone could do.

But doesn't Fiverr do any checks before they allow Top Clients to be added? We have seen a number of complaints that sellers were not able to add companies they did work with, and while it seemed that the reason was that those companies weren't big enough for Fiverr's taste, it also seemed that Fiverr did check which company was added.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

5 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Wait, what? I really thought they did work for those, like you did for Microsoft.

The only Top Client on someone's profile that puzzled me so far was Medium, because it looked like they added it simply because they published something there, which literally anyone could do.

But doesn't Fiverr do any checks before they allow Top Clients to be added? We have seen a number of complaints that sellers were not able to add companies they did work with, and while it seemed that the reason was that those companies weren't big enough for Fiverr's taste, it also seemed that Fiverr did check which company was added.

Unfortunately a lot of sellers are abusing this feature. 

I used Facebook ads that one time: Notable client is Meta.

I helped a client with screenshots for their Apple store submission? Notable client is Apple.

Fiverr checked if the company exists and that was pretty much the extent of their due diligence.

This pisses me off to no end as it completely makes my achievement of actually working with Microsoft seem kind of meh.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, catwriter said:

So, once again, whatever can be abused will be abused, and not just by dishonest few, but by many.

Lovely.

27F06160-386C-427C-9BD5-BCC2F173A55E.jpeg

Memes aside, it starts with a few dishonest sellers and then the “if they’re doing it, I’m doing it” mentality kicks in.

Then the problem escalates and Fiverr does something about it.

• Like 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Indeed. This makes me a whole lot more annoyed at a rejected actual customer with own website and all, and others pending for ages. I only get one actual client to show, while lots of people get to list companies for reasons like that? I had thought that Fiverr at least would check seller's orders and buyers to see if it's a fairy tale or not.

Reading the above, and the forum, and seller spam in my inbox and BR, I'm inclined to believe that only about half the cases are conscious abuse, by the way, and the other half really thinks it's meant that way, that it's fine to list Amazon as a customer if they write listings for Amazon sellers. 

I really hope that they're doing something, and if it is like this, I really hope that they won't be so picky about smaller clients that people indeed work for, while approving giant companies as clients that people did not work for.. Anyone browsing the top clients, can check those out and see if they are big enough for their tastes, or - what I actually think even more relevant - relevant for them, after all.

Really makes me sad to read this, with some, for me and one of my target segment really relevant, regular, clients, that I actually work with, which would be easy to check via my orders/clients, pending since months.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

There's also another issue with the current situation:

I charge a Premium, I feel it's justified.

Then a seller just name-drops Tesla as a client, and they charge $100.

So at first glance, it's unclear to prospects just why the heck Frank charges 45x that amount.

• Like 8

Also makes me wonder, if, while serious sellers like us who only submit clients we actually work/ed with and asked for permission to list them as our clients, our dear copycats who habitually steal our Gig description, and, worse, even bios, simply look at who appears in our lists, look up those companies and submit them too (not having worked with them, neither having asked for permission) and get them approved... Like that, dishonest copycats could cobble together an impressive top 5 list from several of their honest competitors, while those sit their with just one or two of their honest submissions approved and showing, and the rest rejected or pending... 😐 Dearly hope that's not the case, but your posts make that seem rather probable.

• Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/31/2022 at 2:17 PM, frank_d said:

As for Google, Amazon and the rest: I have spotted several sellers abusing this. They list Google because they use Adsense or Amazon because they make Amazon listings.

At this rate, everyone can list Fiverr as a client! 🤣 But seriously though... I thought this went through more due diligence hahaha oh the forum teaches you things..

• Like 2
  • Up 1

Just now, frank_d said:

This will be dealt with in the next phase, at least to my knowledge.

Thanks for sharing what you can share and know, Frank. 😁 

Its actually because of this post that I decided to make use of this feature. I did not bother months ago haha! (Well of course, me and direct to company kind of work...)

I definitely do not agree with the adsense, amazon listings or basically helping someone else thrive on said site but listing the site. It should be said company hired you, and that company should be the one listed.......... 

My first listing got quickly approved! And since the other four are pending at the moment, I decided to lurk around ON what other people have been listing ................and that Paypal one really shocked me!!! 😂

• Like 6