Logo got news 🗞

So, what’s new in the world of logos? Lots!

1. Test Pricing to increase conversions 

As part of our efforts to increase sales, we are planning to test different packaging prices during the upcoming months. This means that while you’ll still receive the same revenue-share rates from each sale, the price that the buyer will pay might differ.

Bottom line: Our goal is to maximize revenue, which includes your Logo Maker income!

ANxJG5hYKmH8Z0R94dKEyxkHslbDH8UlWonFWaqL25pO0u2tErFiG7DJ1iuqa37PjruciVQLMGRbuDyZbtWNnA4TKTgOCTGt-E0FZcFtpXDyHrxSh4H_WZQxNs7guhF7UQNaJUbwOZFwexw5jg

2. Sometimes you have to remove to improve 

Logo Maker buyers had several options when purchasing a logo. One option is to buy the logo as is, and edit it themselves through the Logo Maker Editor.

Another option was to order a Custom Design Request (“Do-it-For-Me”) from the seller that designed the logo. 

A Custom Design Request is an extra addition to a package that the buyer purchases. The Custom Design Request was meant to make it fast and easy to get professional assistance from the designer in adjusting the logo’s color palette, layout and text design.

At Fiverr Logo Maker, our goal is to maximize your income opportunities while making sure we get the best out of your time and talent. Based on the feedback we received from buyers and sellers, we understand that this feature was not the ultimate solution for the required modifications, and in some cases only added complexity and confusion. For these reasons, we’ve decided to discontinue the Custom Design Request feature and to allow buyers to buy customized services from sellers by asking for standard Custom Offers or ordering Gigs. 

Logo Maker buyers can use your amazing talent to develop their brand and online presence. To win this opportunity, we highly recommend that you open and create Gigs that will help them to easily place an order from you.

We recommend opening up Gigs for any of the following services:

• Logo Design
  • Business Cards & Stationery
  • Invitation Design
  • Packaging & Label Design
  • Brand Style Guides
  • Social Media Design
  • Presentations
  • Book Design
  • Presentation Design
  • Flyer Design
  • Website Design
  • Brochure Design
  • Poster Design
  • Catalog Design
  • Album Cover Design

Subscribe to our forum and make sure you are always up to date - https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/275457-make-sure-you-dont-miss-a-thing/?do=getNewComment

• Like 17
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/31/2022 at 2:28 AM, Logo Maker Team said:

For these reasons, we’ve decided to discontinue the Custom Design Request feature and to allow buyers to buy customized services from sellers by asking for standard Custom Offers or ordering Gigs. 

Oh that make sense now that quite a few of my clients couldn’t find an option to add custom design request on LogoMaker anymore

Then a question: if client now want let’s say minor changes to a premade logo icon, are we allowed to take that logo icon and sell it through our gigs with changes that client wants or do we have to just tell them that unfortunately no changes can be made on a logo icon itself? 
(I have quite a few clients that ask for minor changes like removing or adding earrings to a woman, removing or replacing one of the flowers in a bouquet etc) 

Edited by mariashtelle1
  • Like 8
  • Up 1

5 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Oh that make sense now that quite a few of my clients couldn’t find an option to add custom design request on LogoMaker anymore

Then a question: if client now want let’s say minor changes to a premade logo icon, are we allowed to take that logo icon and sell it through our gigs with changes that client wants or do we have to just tell them that unfortunately no changes can be made on a logo icon itself? 
(I have quite a few clients that ask for minor changes like removing or adding earrings to a woman, removing or replacing one of the flowers in a bouquet etc) 

In those cases I usually tell the clients to buy the logo first through Logo maker, and then buy an edit from me on top of it through a separate gig. So Fiverr gets double the fee - from the Logo Maker sale, and from my gig comission. I assume that this works well for both of us.

This also works well for me because I get the logo package with a logo that looks approximately how the clients wants it to look like. I add the needed edit to the icon, but at least I don't need to figure out the fonts/colors because the client already chose them by himself.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

41 minutes ago, vanadium1st said:

This also works well for me because I get the logo package with a logo that looks approximately how the clients wants it to look like. I add the needed edit to the icon, but at least I don't need to figure out the fonts/colors because the client already chose them by himself.

And then edit 25+ files manually that come in a premium package for social media pack? 
And that’s the case where you can see in the premium package which fonts etc client chose. 
In a basic package that comes only with png I have to guess which fonts client used and then recreate the full logo in illustrator again. 
No thank you. 
It takes time to open and edit 25+ files and I can’t even charge my normal per hour rate for this because it’s just wouldn’t be sustainable for my clients and will cost them way more than the logo itself. 

Edited by mariashtelle1
  • Like 8
  • Up 1

13 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

And then edit 25+ files manually that come in a premium package for social media pack? 

Sounds daunting, I know. But I've done it a couple of times and it's actually much simpler than I expected initially. It's always a single color background, so you just past the logo with a background onto the file, scale if needed, merge the layers and save. The pdf is also quite simple, thankfully. Once I got used to it, it takes me 15-20 minutes to do everything. I can price that in no problem.

I actually had much bigger problems with the fiverr maker editor. When it didn't want to center the logo or the text properly, or was missing a feature, or the client wanted to put more into the logo then the editor could do. And the vector files are almost always broken. On many occasions that was harder for me to figure out then just to redo everything manually. So I don't miss this feature much.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, vanadium1st said:

But I've done it a couple of times

I’ve done it  hundreds of times, not a fan. Maybe it’s ok when you have to do it every once in a while only, but it is not sustainable when I have to manage a lot of orders and on top of it do this kind of stuff manually over and over and over again 😉

It took you the whole paragraph just to describe how you do it, without taking into account guessing the fonts time or recreating the logo if it’s a basic package. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

That's a valid question. Can we get a response on this please?

• Like 6
  • Up 1

On 5/30/2022 at 11:28 PM, Logo Maker Team said:

So, what’s new in the world of logos? Lots!

1. Test Pricing to increase conversions 

As part of our efforts to increase sales, we are planning to test different packaging prices during the upcoming months. This means that while you’ll still receive the same revenue-share rates from each sale, the price that the buyer will pay might differ.

Bottom line: Our goal is to maximize revenue, which includes your Logo Maker income!

ANxJG5hYKmH8Z0R94dKEyxkHslbDH8UlWonFWaqL25pO0u2tErFiG7DJ1iuqa37PjruciVQLMGRbuDyZbtWNnA4TKTgOCTGt-E0FZcFtpXDyHrxSh4H_WZQxNs7guhF7UQNaJUbwOZFwexw5jg

2. Sometimes you have to remove to improve 

Logo Maker buyers had several options when purchasing a logo. One option is to buy the logo as is, and edit it themselves through the Logo Maker Editor.

Another option was to order a Custom Design Request (“Do-it-For-Me”) from the seller that designed the logo. 

A Custom Design Request is an extra addition to a package that the buyer purchases. The Custom Design Request was meant to make it fast and easy to get professional assistance from the designer in adjusting the logo’s color palette, layout and text design.

At Fiverr Logo Maker, our goal is to maximize your income opportunities while making sure we get the best out of your time and talent. Based on the feedback we received from buyers and sellers, we understand that this feature was not the ultimate solution for the required modifications, and in some cases only added complexity and confusion. For these reasons, we’ve decided to discontinue the Custom Design Request feature and to allow buyers to buy customized services from sellers by asking for standard Custom Offers or ordering Gigs. 

Logo Maker buyers can use your amazing talent to develop their brand and online presence. To win this opportunity, we highly recommend that you open and create Gigs that will help them to easily place an order from you.

We recommend opening up Gigs for any of the following services:

• Logo Design
  • Business Cards & Stationery
  • Invitation Design
  • Packaging & Label Design
  • Brand Style Guides
  • Social Media Design
  • Presentations
  • Book Design
  • Presentation Design
  • Flyer Design
  • Website Design
  • Brochure Design
  • Poster Design
  • Catalog Design
  • Album Cover Design

Subscribe to our forum and make sure you are always up to date - https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/275457-make-sure-you-dont-miss-a-thing/?do=getNewComment

Thank you so much! It really helped me to maximize my revenue. 

• Like 6

First, we would like to thank you for sharing your feedback here. This type of open discussion allows us to learn from your perspective and do a better job for you, our valuable community. 🙂

Regarding the removal of the customization services questions asked in the comments-

The option to customize and deliver the logo through the Logo Maker is currently unavailable but it is not going away; rather, a better method is being planned.

In the case you’ve mentioned of selling the buyer a logo through your Gig which is based on your Logo Maker logo, it is important to communicate to the buyer that the logo template will still be available for sale in the Logo Maker and the design does not belong exclusively to the buyer. This means that other people can still use that template and create similar logos from it. By default on Fiverr, all rights to a delivery are granted to the buyer. Therefore, you should define who owns the rights to the delivery in the Gig description or in your communication with the buyer.

• Like 8