Is Gig Video better than JPG as a cover?

farhadbond

Question

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, farhadbond said:

Hi there, I just want to know about gig video, Compare with JPG cover photo.

Which is the best way to attract clients?

Video, in most cases. But only if you make sure it's a good and professional video that engages the buyer and encourages sales. 

• Like 1
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, smashradio said:

Video, in most cases

This is actually quite an interesting topic that I was discussing with my success manager the other day.

Fiverr are apparently doing some data diving right now to work out how much it helps with converstions by category.

I think for certain catgories like video editing it's probably very important. And like you say it needs to be professional.

One thing that's put me off adding a video is that for promoted gigs, a click of the video thumbnail counts as a click, and I want people to actually to come through to the gig and read it. Maybe that's wishful thinking though 😂

• Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

When it comes to attract more and more Buyers, there is none other than a VIDEO where you will have to shoot your own face that talking about services you gonna provide. A good or eye-catching video can generate more sales than GIG Image as jpeg. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1

I believe fiverr used to say that a gig video was 30% or 40% more likely to get clicked, so I've always gone for a video for my main gig at least. It does make sense, in my opinion - you can convey much, much more information in a 60 second video than you can in a still image. It conveys your work, yourself a little bit, your level of professionalism, and getting a glimpse into your personality can help people to trust you.

I think a great gig video can be a huge asset and help you to stand out too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3