I Always Found "Fiverr Selected" Buyers are Very Cheap

theamitsingh

16 hours ago, theamitsingh said:

I gave her 260 USD price also as she really wants a website from me after seeking my portfolio, I cut shot my price by 950 USD

When you offer such a huge discount, it's not impossible for the buyer to think that you'd be willing to lower your prices even more.

If something really costs $1,200, then it costs $1,200. It might cost a little less if you remove something from your service (for example, for $1,200 they get a, b, c, d, and e, and for $1,100 they'll get a, b, c, and d).

But offering such a huge discount just sends the signal that your service doesn't really have a $1,200 value; that its true value is much lower, and the $1,200 price tag is for the buyers who are stupid enough to fall for that.

• Like 7
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

The older Fiverr Select profiles are more prone to the attitude of “I used to pay $5 for this, why is this $100 out of sudden?” Like people left both their brains and their wallets in 2013 despite completing dozens of orders over the years. I don’t have these issues with newer Fiverr Select buyers, though.

Fiverr’s Choice buyers, on the other hand... But that’s a separate can of worms to dig into. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1

The OP is exposing the members username by only crossing out the members username and not crossing out the members avatar. Why is the members avatar allowed to be posted and exposed here (?) I would believe that this is in Violation Of Fiverr Forum Rules and Etiquette.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

All fiverr select buyers are not same. They are almost same as other buyers. But yes, In some cases buyers ask for a low budget but normally I say them that why it's not possible. as a 3D animator I can't make a full product animation in 20-30$ as per basic pack. So I recommend them to find someone else. But it's very bad situation when someone keep messaging after we say that please find someone else. No matter the buyer is a fiverr selected buyer or a normal buyer, It's a pain when someone keep messaging for take the job in low price.  I can feel your pain. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes cultural differences are getting sharper in those situations.

In some communities they bargain hard and they ask for riddicilous discounts. And as a seller you just make your way up again. It goes back and forth. So it might be really common to ask for %90 discount from where your client is. I am from Turkey, and we do it here commonly. Its normal, your friends will get upset if you dont ask for a riddicilous discounts at the start. Also sellers expect you to do it and start from a riddicilously high price. So it takes a little discussion.

In bazaars sometimes they can just give you a little piece of what you are buying (if its edible) for you to taste it right there, with a huge knife directly pointed to your mouth with a little piece of melon on the point. As a part of the bargain. To show you that their product is juicy and they want to prove it.

While buying a car, you both shout your preffered price while shaking hands. When both hands go down, you both say your price, when both hands going up, you take a breath. It goes on and on.

Now lets do the opposite;

You are a melon knife pointing kinda guy in some cold and barren northern europe country. Compared to you, nobody bargains, they just tell you the price and expects you to buy it or scram. But you want them to stick their melon knife to your mouth, just like you would do, to sell their product. But no, nobody cares if you like the taste of the melon. Now you are upset because they dont seem to care about selling their product, they dont seem to be interested in doing business with you. Otherwise, why wouldnt they stab you in the face with a melon? Right?

Asking a discount or refusing to do it is not always mean something unwell is happening. It may be simply "difference" 

Edited by ozan_erdi
  • Like 4