I Always Found "Fiverr Selected" Buyers are Very Cheap

theamitsingh

Whenever I get the chance to work for FIVERR SELECTED buyers I end up blocking them. Fiverr selected buyers are very when it comes to paying for service they want my premium service which of 1200 USD IN 120-200 USD and when you say No to them this is what they reply:

2029163822_Screenshot2022-05-28083840.png.6d64e98aa383af31bf01ab0d6b2c15b3.png

like what in the world I gave you 90% discount on my service I told her to switch to another seller they might do that development for you at that price

1392287801_Screenshot2022-05-28084408.png.bb42ff5ca6ec723d38f79a940093beb7.png

she needed Amazon in 120 USD 🤦‍♂️ I was so pissed I want to teach him in her language of understanding but our professionalism and Fiverr policy both hold us back, after saying No almost a thousand times to her this is what she reply

288490577_Screenshot2022-05-28084728.png.ce3ea697c6cdf72bd663aeab22af0a80.png

like I give that much amount discount to my customers which she way paying me for the whole project, my instincts were also telling me if I took her project she'll give me hard time. refused her offer again, but she didn't stop spamming so I end up blocking her.

[ this is my personal opnion not related whole fiverr selected community ]

Edited by theamitsingh
  • Like 10
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

Fiverr Select Buyers just means they have made a certain amount of purchases / spent a certain amount.

It doesn't really mean much and is quite an easy label for a buyer to get.

I know some buyers look for new sellers to try to get better deals, so maybe that's what happened.

I'd like to see your responses / how you handled it @theamitsingh!!!

• Like 12
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, theamitsingh said:

Fiverr selected buyers are very [cheap] when it comes to paying for service they want my premium service which of 1200 USD IN 120-200 USD and when you say No to them this is what they reply:

Your "evidence" of cheapness appears to come from only ONE buyer.

Please do not make wide generalizations about everyone, from your experiences with only one person. 

• Like 10
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

• theamitsingh changed the title to I Always Found "Fiverr Selected" Buyers are Very Cheap
14 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

Your "evidence" of cheapness appears to come from only ONE buyer.

Please do not make wide generalizations about everyone, from your experiences with only one person. 

i have more conversation history and yes this is my own opnion: the general one every one have there own.

22 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

I'd like to see your responses / how you handled it @theamitsingh!!!

sharing ....

• Like 6
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, theamitsingh said:

i have more conversation history and yes this is my own opnion: the general one every one have there own.

A personal opinion still does not make it okay to call all Fiverr Select buyers cheap, and imply that they are all rude. Again, you have very limited experience with such buyers. Your stated opinion does not represent all of them.

• Like 10
  • Up 2

8 hours ago, theamitsingh said:

Whenever I get the chance to work for FIVERR SELECTED buyers I end up blocking them. Fiverr selected buyers are very when it comes to paying for service they want my premium service which of 1200 USD IN 120-200 USD and when you say No to them this is what they reply:

2029163822_Screenshot2022-05-28083840.png.6d64e98aa383af31bf01ab0d6b2c15b3.png

like what in the world I gave you 90% discount on my service I told her to switch to another seller they might do that development for you at that price

1392287801_Screenshot2022-05-28084408.png.bb42ff5ca6ec723d38f79a940093beb7.png

she needed Amazon in 120 USD 🤦‍♂️ I was so pissed I want to teach him in her language of understanding but our professionalism and Fiverr policy both hold us back, after saying No almost a thousand times to her this is what she reply

288490577_Screenshot2022-05-28084728.png.ce3ea697c6cdf72bd663aeab22af0a80.png

like I give that much amount discount to my customers which she way paying me for the whole project, my instincts were also telling me if I took her project she'll give me hard time. refused her offer again, but she didn't stop spamming so I end up blocking her.

[ this is my personal opnion not related whole fiverr selected community ]

I would focus on what the prospect mentioned about you “switching” and being “rude”.

Based on your demeanor on the forum thus far, I can see it as being a legitimate complaint from the buyer and not a wild accusation.

So just because someone’s budget isn’t in line with your rate, you shouldn’t treat them differently.

If anything it’s your responsibility to anchor your pricing early in the conversation instead of chatting for a day or two before you see if this is a good fit.

Being rude to people on Fiverr is how one loses their level and/or account.

• Like 8
  • Up 9

1 hour ago, frank_d said:

So just because someone’s budget isn’t in line with your rate, you shouldn’t treat them differently.

100% agree. When I have someone comment that they their budget is not aligned with my prices, I tell them that I understand, and maybe we'll work together another time.  I also sometimes recommend a lower priced seller that I know will do well for them.  Sometimes you are dealing with a buyer who has a client that only has $100, but they just may have a bigger client as well, and lots more dough to spend. 

• Like 9
  • Up 5

I think there are degrees to this. I've gotten some ridiculous offers. One thing would be if they are asking for something that is not advertised, so they can't have any idea of price. But when a buyer asks for the exact thing you are offering at a 90% discount... I'm not really sure what they deserve to hear. At a certain point it's not a negotiation, it's just trolling and time wasting. 

If they ask it honestly, because they have no idea of the price, then sure. But a lot of them are not asking honestly. They are low balling aggressively on purpose.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 12

2 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

I think there are degrees to this. I've gotten some ridiculous offers. One thing would be if they are asking for something that is not advertised, so they can't have any idea of price. But when a buyer asks for the exact thing you are offering at a 90% discount... I'm not really sure what they deserve to hear. At a certain point it's not a negotiation, it's just trolling and time wasting.

I strongly disagree.

As I said earlier, if you waste time on someone messaging back and forth without at least an indication of where both sides stand in terms of money, then that’s not really the prospect’s problem.

Mention money early.

That’s your responsibility, you are the seller. 

Even if you see that the prospect is messaging you via your $1,000 gig, never assume they have that much to spend.

Unfortunately, people tend to ignore price tags and are almost always hoping they can get a premium service at a bargain.

I agree, however, that there will always be people who ask for ridiculous things. They are not attacking you by asking for a $50 deal or a 90% discount. They don’t know how much something is worth. They don’t always have a budget when launching their business. If they aren’t a good fit for you, just tell them and wish them well.

What I do when someone tells me they want an animated video done for $50, I don’t have to be rude to them. I explain why it’s not possible, and I refer them to one of the hundreds of sellers who would throw a party if they booked a $50 gig.

But before I bid them farewell, I also warn them about unrealistic expectations and what they should be wary of when selecting a seller that only charges $50.

• Like 13
  • Up 3

It really depends. Some people are indeed honest - they have $50 to spend, and they have no idea of pricing. All fair. But many know exactly what they're doing. Sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference, sometimes not so much.

Now, I'm not rude to them, since that would be a strategic mistake, but I'll be much nicer to people who are nice to me.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, visualstudios said:

It really depends. Some people are indeed honest - they have $50 to spend, and they have no idea of pricing. All fair. But many know exactly what they're doing. Sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference, sometimes not so much.

Now, I'm not rude to them, since that would be a strategic mistake, but I'll be much nicer to people who are nice to me.

Sure. That’s understandable.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

I would focus on what the prospect mentioned about you “switching” and being “rude”.

Based on your demeanor on the forum thus far, I can see it as being a legitimate complaint from the buyer and not a wild accusation.

If anything it’s your responsibility to anchor your pricing early in the conversation instead of chatting for a day or two before you see if this is a good fit.

Being rude to people on Fiverr is how one loses their level and/or account.

22 minutes ago, newsmike said:

sometimes recommend a lower priced seller that I know will do well for them.

you both never agree with my view every time let's say who cares...

so can you both give your premium service to the buyer who has a budget of 10% of your premium service No I guess what the best thing you do either you cut shot your price right I gave her the last 250 USD price after many bargaining but she still refuses as she added more demand like she need website is shopify so i explain her the cost the sole shopify plugins take but she dont understand me 

1753436111_Screenshot2022-05-28194608.png.e491a5c61ea0a31c6655a016efd3c612.png1063820087_Screenshot2022-05-28194423.png.a4f657782db8194026bbaeaa48ecc1b7.png

no problem the second thing you can do is to recommend some else like @newsmike you said so yes recommend her to my one my team member who is great in this field to but she only share me news theme as ask to customize it like amazon in 200 USD, it might bigger amount for you guys but work for 10 -20 day for 200 USD whom Fiverr cut 25% means 150 USD which is not worthy of my service I told her there are many sellers who can that same work for you ,,,, and if you think this is been rude so yeah I don't care lol

739609171_Screenshot2022-05-28194759.png.235fc6ae07811ab29341078802e7bb4c.png

1582678324_Screenshot2022-05-28194842.png.ab44592e9a2908009ed13f006e505893.png

Screenshot 2022-05-28 195055.png

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Up 2

43 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

If they ask it honestly, because they have no idea of the price, then sure. But a lot of them are not asking honestly. They are low balling aggressively on purpose.

absolutely I agree with you. there is no point of negotiation but I gave her 260 USD price also as she really wants a website from me after seeking my portfolio, I cut shot my price by 950 USD but she is not able to increase her budget by 60 USD might be she has a financial issue but so I share my friend developers id as for recommendation, but she refuses.

it's not like I'm a new seller to Fiverr so I take any project I strive for quality and if I provide that quality ask for the right price in my right and also refuse if he/she won't understand it

• Like 4
  • Up 3

The buyer obviously thinks you got upset. Why is this? Is it because you were rude? By reading your messages, I could get the impression that you're not a serious business person, and that you might have been upset. 

"yeah yeah last I can offer"....? This isn't a fleamarket. 

When explaining to a buyer that their budget is too low, it helps to do so in a friendly and polite manner. The buyer might simply be uneducated about standard rates and costs of doing this type of work. Even with lowballers and the Scrooge McDucks of this world, it really does help being polite. 

With that said: of course you shouldn't work at a 90% discount. That's ridiculous. It's ok to fire a client, but do so nicely. 

You were absolutely right to say no to this. 

When it comes to your experience with "Fiverr select" – these guys buy a lot on Fiverr. Perhaps they are used to a low rate from someone else. Buyers who shop on Fiverr tend to have lower budgets than elsewhere. So it might be true that Select-buyers come across as cheap, since they are most likely looking for a good deal. 

Personally, I haven't noticed this as an issue. The Select-buyers I've been working with have been great, helpful and more than willing to adapt to my rates. In the few instances where their budget haven't been acceptable, I've explained this to them in a nice and polite way. Usually something like: 

"Hi, *name*,
Thank you for reaching out to me! I truly appreciate you considering me for this project. It does sound very interesting. 

Unfortunately, your budget doesn't really work for me. My usual rate for such a project would be X. 

Thanks again – and don't hesitate to reach out again if your budget or project scope changes down the line, or for future projects. I'm always eager to hear about new and exciting oppurtunities. 

All the best,

*name*"

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 7
  • Up 7

3 minutes ago, smashradio said:

"Hi, *name*,
Thank you for reaching out to me! I truly appreciate you considering me for this project. It does sound very interesting. 

Unfortunately, your budget doesn't really work for me. My usual rate for such a project would be X. 

Thanks again – and don't hesitate to reach out again if your budget or project scope changes down the line, or for future projects. I'm always eager to hear about new and exciting oppurtunities. 

All the best,

*name*"

you are right thank you i consider using this instead of say No to Buyer.🙇‍♂️

• Like 7
  • Up 3

58 minutes ago, theamitsingh said:

you both never agree with my view every time let's say who cares...

so can you both give your premium service to the buyer who has a budget of 10% of your premium service No I guess what the best thing you do either you cut shot your price right I gave her the last 250 USD price after many bargaining but she still refuses as she added more demand like she need website is shopify so i explain her the cost the sole shopify plugins take but she dont understand me 

1753436111_Screenshot2022-05-28194608.png.e491a5c61ea0a31c6655a016efd3c612.png1063820087_Screenshot2022-05-28194423.png.a4f657782db8194026bbaeaa48ecc1b7.png

no problem the second thing you can do is to recommend some else like @newsmike you said so yes recommend her to my one my team member who is great in this field to but she only share me news theme as ask to customize it like amazon in 200 USD, it might bigger amount for you guys but work for 10 -20 day for 200 USD whom Fiverr cut 25% means 150 USD which is not worthy of my service I told her there are many sellers who can that same work for you ,,,, and if you think this is been rude so yeah I don't care lol

739609171_Screenshot2022-05-28194759.png.235fc6ae07811ab29341078802e7bb4c.png

1582678324_Screenshot2022-05-28194842.png.ab44592e9a2908009ed13f006e505893.png

Screenshot 2022-05-28 195055.png

I never argued the point, I just focused on your demeanor.

If you think that’s me disagreeing with you, then I can only attribute this to a language barrier.

Funny how when someone else suggested you could handle this better you agreed and thanked them.

Maybe you are biased against me, which is fine.

• Like 12
  • Haha 2
  • Up 1

47 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Personally, I haven't noticed this as an issue. The Select-buyers I've been working with have been great, helpful and more than willing to adapt to my rates.

That has been my experience too.

46 minutes ago, smashradio said:

"yeah yeah last I can offer"....?

This phrase, to me, was very condescending. As a buyer, it would make me defensive.

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 12
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1

10 minutes ago, frank_d said:

Maybe you are biased against me

🙂i guess

11 minutes ago, frank_d said:

Funny how when someone else suggested you could handle this better you agreed and thanked them.

I was wrong & i owing it🙂 after all learn from everyone react righteously

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, theamitsingh said:

Whenever I get the chance to work for FIVERR SELECTED buyers I end up blocking them.

Really? 100% of about how many is that, roughly? I'm here since 2016, and I only remember one VIP buyer (I think that's what now "Select" is) I blocked, not for the price discussion itself, but because he got rude, and quickly. And he can be glad that I blocked him at that point; had I let it go on, maybe he would have managed to earn himself a report, it was on the fence already. However, I still vividly remember it, because it was the exception, not the norm. I had and have many lovely VIP/Select buyers.

The Block button is more or less the Spam button for the phone app for me, I hardly use it for anything else, as I rarely see the need. If the app had a Spam button, I could probably count the times I'd use the Block button per year on one hand, easily.

• Like 8
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

Another issue is that the OP speaks good English compared to how well I would do attempting to speak his language. However, in his conversation with the buyer and his messages in this thread, he has confused many words that are similar but mean something entirely different. Perhaps this issue contributed to the interaction between him and the Fiverr Select buyer?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'm seriously considering starting a gig offering stock 'quick replies' for sellers, in perfect English. e.g. How to refuse an offer gracefully, explaining the reason for price variations in a given niche, or qualifying why a service is worth more than the competition etc etc.

There may be a market for it. Even for upselling - e.g. bespoke replies!     

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, theamitsingh said:

I was wrong & i owing it🙂 after all learn from everyone react righteously

I know you will not probably take this well, but if you were to strengthen your English skills you might have fewer misunderstandings. 

• Like 7
  • Up 1

Any user can be rude, just like any user can be awesome. I had a "business" user that behaved inappropriately, but I also had new users that were excellent. Don't judge a book by its covers. If you see there are issues, stop the conversation and block the person, then move on. Life is too short....

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fiveroptic1 said:

I'm seriously considering starting a gig offering stock 'quick replies' for sellers, in perfect English. e.g. How to refuse an offer gracefully, explaining the reason for price variations in a given niche, or qualifying why a service is worth more than the competition etc etc.

There may be a market for it. Even for upselling - e.g. bespoke replies!     

If you're seriously seriously considering it, I'd ask support first, before spending more time on it. I'm pretty sure I remember forum discussions where sellers said they got told their Gigs for writing Gig descriptions aren't allowed, and that's similar, as it might mislead customers about a seller's English level, which may or may be important to them. Guidelines, "editorial focus" and all those things can change and shift, so I'd rather ask, to be on the safe side.

17 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Life is too short....

Yes.

Edited by miiila
  • Like 7
  • Up 1