Which month is best to take a vacation as a freelancer at fiverr in your opinion?

hasanmohammad44

16 minutes ago, hasanmohammad44 said:

As a freelancer, We are always free but also always busy too.

But sometimes we have to go in tour for refreshment in life.

Suppose I have to go in a 10 day's holiday tour. So, which month will be best for me to go for it, as I am a full time freelancer at fiverr....

It depends entirely on when you have a slow period. I usually have a couple of slow weeks during july, around Christmas and Easter. So I try to match it to those.

But it would depend on where your buyers are in the world.

In the west and Europe, mainly the summer holidays, as well as Christmas and Easter are slow periods. If you have a lot of buyers in the US, add Thanksgiving to this.

If most of your buyers come from primarily muslim countries, Al-Hijra, Eid-ul-Adha, Eid-ul-Fitr, and generally around Ramadan should be slower periods of business.

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 6
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 3

In addition to what @smashradiosaid, it also depends on the services you're offering. For example, if you're offering things that can be used as gifts, like greeting cards or cute cartoons, your buyers might need those in time for Christmas, or even as last-minute gifts during the holidays.

If you're offering websites for people who want to start their own business but are full-time employees still, they might have more time to work on their business during the weekend, the holidays, the usual vacation periods (summer)... So that's when they will need your services.

On the other hand, if your target customers are big businesses, July and December (before Christmas) might be good time for a vacation, because they're less likely to need you then.

• Like 7
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

Also check your analytics to see which months were especially good or bad in terms of orders and revenue in the past, that might give you a good idea to plan in advance (of course, the older your account, the more this will help).

Another thing is that it's probably best to not take too many days off in a row, so, for example, 7 days in June and 7 days in July might be better than 14 days in June/July, if you're very worried about bouncing back quickly. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't take 10 or 14 days in a row, though, just that it might take longer to get regular messages again, the more days in a row you take off. At least, that seems to be the experience of many people. 

• Like 8
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1