Yesterday's Story : How patience and good communication can solve the problems most of the time.

shayaan499

Hello Fiverr community,

I've been working on Fiverr for at least 16-18 month, and last month i completed all milestones and this month Alhamdulillah I became TOP Rated Seller...

I have completed more than 450 orders and gained all 5 star ratings except one 4 star... I focus on quality instead of money and try to do my best to fulfill clients' needs and make them happy.

Yesterday story: 

Few days ago I received a order without any discussion or communication. The buyer's requirement was a wordpress website design with blogs... 

I asked lots of questions and made myself clear about their requirements; I also explained to them what I could do for them and what I could provide... After complete discussion we agreed to proceed with the work and he sent me all login details and everything went smoothly that day.

Now what happened! When I was preparing to start their work, then I noticed their site was completely down, I contacted them but he was unavailable from 3 days... so I made their site on my hosting and delivered the order on 5th day and explained everything and also wrote "you can upload the data on your site and your site will be live, also if you need my help in this, you can let me know". Although the buyer didn't come online, it delivered automatically after 3 days.

He came online the next day and left one star rating and wrote: "I didn't receive any site from this seller, I paid for a broken site" without any message or question... I was shocked and angry too... 

I thought I should reply to his review/feedback and clarify the situation and defend myself. Then I decided to explain the whole situation to the buyer and see if they could do something or compensate me after realizing their mistake. Therefore, I messaged him and explained everything. The buyer came online, read the message and went offline.

A while later, I sent him another message about the hosting and sent him some proof of their downtime. He came and went offline again. Now i was feeling really frustrated and thought this buyer might be a scammer or just trying to defame me. Because i never faced this kind of situation before with any buyer

But after few hours, I got a message from his side, "I am sorry, I didn't understand you clearly and made the mistake" 

After talking to him, he himself told me, he is talking with Fiverr support to remove the Negative review, and they will remove it soon. When I checked the review/feedback after 15min, it was 5star rating and Appreciation quote

Therefore, I thought again, Thank god I didn't fight the buyer or say anything bad to him... if I do then it never solve.

Few suggestions for New seller:

1. Always try to understand buyer needs clearly, otherwise this can create problems for you after delivering the order and lead to cancellation...

2. Make your clients 100% happy with your service so that they will purchase your service again and again. Repeat clients will boost your repeat business score which is very important. 

3. If client is asking for a minor thing to do without any revision, then please do for them... this way you can gain their attention and trust for the next order... 

4. Always control your temper while talking with buyers, otherwise this can harm your business and profile ( I know there are lots of buyers who will ask stupid questions and sometimes make your fun)

5. Before starting the work, try to explain everything about your service in your message, so that buyers are sure about the quality of your service and what they can expect from it at the end... This way you can eliminate problematic buyers or aggressive buyers who have too much expectation.

6. Always try to complete your order fast. Fast delivery help into gig ranking... 

• Like 13
  • Congrats! 2
  • Thanks 2

@shayaan499, Congratulations on becoming a TRS and thank you for sharing your story!

Many sellers would benefit from following your example. It's so easy to become offended when a buyer yells accusations at you and gives you a 1-star review over a simple misunderstanding.

It takes a greater degree of professionalism to keep calm as you did. I'm so glad that the buyer admitted the error and changed the 1-star review into a 5-star review. You deserve it. 😊

Thanks again for your great tips!

• Like 10
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/29/2022 at 9:49 AM, vickieito said:

@shayaan499, Congratulations on becoming a TRS and thank you for sharing your story!

It takes a greater degree of professionalism to keep calm as you did. I'm so glad that the buyer admitted the error and changed the 1-star review into a 5-star review. You deserve it. 😊

Thankyou 🙂

Yes... That's true and also takes time to learn these thing...

Edited by shayaan499
  • Like 10
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1