How's business in this Month (May)?

asifhassanantue

Hello, 

It is almost end of the month. Just curious, how's business gone in month of May. I have been struggling to generate new sales on this month. I asked many seller, most of them are saying this is pretty slow month for most. I have only made $726 until now and $82 running orders. Other months, I usually make $1500+ sales. 

Looking forward to better June ahead. 

Freelancing is all about ups & downs I figured. 

Happy Freelancing 

• Like 5
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

May started out 'meh', which I wasn't too fussed about because I had some projects left over from earlier (due to needing more information/etc.) and just in general some health issues that needed to be looked into... (I have mild carpal tunnel now, which is  pretty... not great as a writer, ha.) The last week or so (maybe 10 days) have been insane though, so much that even if I don't get any orders through June, I won't be bored. 

If the project I'm finishing up now gets accepted by the 31st, May will be my best month yet (sitting over 3k for the second time.) That being said, April was lower, so it sort of seems to even out for the most part.

Hope your June will be better than May! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, katakatica said:

May started out 'meh', which I wasn't too fussed about because I had some projects left over from earlier (due to needing more information/etc.) and just in general some health issues that needed to be looked into... (I have mild carpal tunnel now, which is  pretty... not great as a writer, ha.) The last week or so (maybe 10 days) have been insane though, so much that even if I don't get any orders through June, I won't be bored. 

If the project I'm finishing up now gets accepted by the 31st, May will be my best month yet (sitting over 3k for the second time.) That being said, April was lower, so it sort of seems to even out for the most part.

Hope your June will be better than May! 

Thanks for sharing your experience. 

• Like 3

You shouldn't use the Questions section for this type of question. That's there for things that need a solution, while this is more of a conversation. Just a tip 🙂

May started out slow. But then again, I was more offline as well, since I needed a break from things. 

It's been picking up a bit too much as of late, so I've had to activate out-of-office mode twice in the past few weeks. I just had to stop the flow of orders, and I still have too much on my plate. 

Ups and downs, indeed. That's why it's so important to have tight control over your finances as a freelancer. Keep a rainy-day-fund that can support you for at least two months, but preferably for a whole year of no business. 

My earnings are not your business, though. 😄

• Like 3