Question about cancellation

maezma85

Yes, even if the seller is working on the project, if he or she has not delivered the order AND the delivery is now late, you can request to cancel the order (which will give you a full refund). Cancelations can be done by clicking on the 'Resolution Center' and selecting the option to cancel.

Before doing this however, I would talk with the seller. Why are they late? How close is the project to finishing?

Really at this point, the seller should already be in communication with you (or requested an extension of delivery times) because he or she failed to deliver by the agreed upon timeframe. If the seller is not communicating with you or giving you your delivery, then go ahead and cancel the order. The seller failed to deliver what you've paid for.

image.thumb.png.2fcc408a47dffa84f05c0a97ace3d480.png

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 3
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, vickieito said:

Yes, even if the seller is working on the project, if he or she has not delivered the order AND the delivery is now late, you can request to cancel the order (which will give you a full refund). Cancelations can be done by clicking on the 'Resolution Center' and selecting the option to cancel.

Before doing this however, I would talk with the seller. Why are they late? How close is the project to finishing?

Really at this point, the seller should already be in communication with you (or requested an extension of delivery times) because he or she failed to deliver by the agreed upon timeframe. If the seller is not communicating with you or giving you your delivery, then go ahead and cancel the order. The seller failed to deliver what you've paid for.

image.thumb.png.2fcc408a47dffa84f05c0a97ace3d480.png

And is that money stuck on Fiverr or can it be withdrawn to the Paypal account again? I have a person who is due to deliver a $200 job to me tomorrow after 17 days and they are not responding to my messages or showing me progress on the job other than a sketch. I do not like the communication and I feel that it is even a lack of respect that does not respond.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

46 minutes ago, maezma85 said:

And is that money stuck on Fiverr or can it be withdrawn to the Paypal account again?

This is probably what you are looking for:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011454477-Buyer-FAQs

Specifically:

10. Can I withdraw money from my Fiverr account?

Only sellers can withdraw money from their Fiverr accounts, and only if they have earned revenue through Fiverr. Revenue is deposited into the sales balance, and is available for withdrawal after Fiverr's clearance period.

As a buyer, if you receive a refund, it will appear in your Fiverr balance and can be used for another purchase. If an order is canceled, your refund (the original order amount and service fee) will be placed in your Fiverr balance. For more information, see How do I use my Fiverr balance for future purchases.

If you would prefer to receive a direct refund, you can request a direct refund here.

• Like 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, maezma85 said:

And is that money stuck on Fiverr or can it be withdrawn to the Paypal account again? I have a person who is due to deliver a $200 job to me tomorrow after 17 days and they are not responding to my messages or showing me progress on the job other than a sketch. I do not like the communication and I feel that it is even a lack of respect that does not respond.

So it sounds like you are actually canceling because of a communication issue, not for a late order. Is that correct? When you cancel, please make sure to state that as a reason for cancelation. It needs to be clear to the seller why you are unhappy with their communication and why you are canceling. As @surajkartha mentioned, buyers only receive a refund to their Fiverr account, so you can only use the refunds to purchase other services on Fiverr.

If you choose to wait until the delivery today and you find the delivery acceptable, you may just want to just accept the delivery, and leave an honest review about the seller's communication. If you choose this route, please make sure to communicate your dissatisfaction to the seller before you leave your review. Your review should not be a surprise for the seller.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, vickieito said:

So it sounds like you are actually canceling because of a communication issue, not for a late order. Is that correct? When you cancel, please make sure to state that as a reason for cancelation. It needs to be clear to the seller why you are unhappy with their communication and why you are canceling. As @surajkartha mentioned, buyers only receive a refund to their Fiverr account, so you can only use the refunds to purchase other services on Fiverr.

If you choose to wait until the delivery today and you find the delivery acceptable, you may just want to just accept the delivery, and leave an honest review about the seller's communication. If you choose this route, please make sure to communicate your dissatisfaction to the seller before you leave your review. Your review should not be a surprise for the seller.

Finally the seller responded. Yes, there was a problem of lack of communication and everything indicated that the delivery would be late, but he already responded and showed me the progress.

• Like 3