Does stop(Unchecked) live portfolio at a gig make it rank down?

smttarik49

I had done a service from custom offer which was not related to that gig. The client mistakenly give feedback with sample work watermark Now that water mark appearing in my gig which is not fully related to the gig service. Now if I stop Live portfolio option from gig drop down menu. Will it affect my that gig impression and ranking.

Note: I have contacted to support they told me that they can't remove sample work without client permission but the client is not active since last one year.

Thanks

live portfolio stop.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, smttarik49 said:

The client mistakenly give feedback with sample work watermark

That means you delivered samples instead of the full delivery right? Or samples were sent with the full delivery. Otherwise there wouldn't be any sample in your portfolio.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, smttarik49 said:

will it affect my gig impression and ranking?

Highly unlikely. What it will do is prevent any future samples of your work from showing.

As for your Buyer not being active for a year, have you still tried to reach out to them? Even if they haven't signed in, you should still be able to send a message. If you try this be sure to stay professional. Something like:

Hi, sorry to bother you, but I have a quick request. A year ago you purchased a service from me and, when you approved the delivery, a sample of that work now displays in my Gig. While I'm grateful to have gotten the work, I feel the sample does not reflect, and in fact contradicts, the work I do in that Gig. Fiverr's Customer Support has said I can only remove the Live Portfolio sample with your permission. If you could spare a moment of your time, could you please contact support here: ((hyperlink)), and give your permission to remove the work sample, in relation to Order ((order number)) and ticket ((your ticket with support)).

Thank you for your time.

Were it me, I'd also include a pre-typed message for them to copy/paste into their ticket, to remove as many 'pain-points' as possible.

---

Another thread-and-discussion on this topic: https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/216187-buyers-work-shown-on-my-gig-page/

• Like 9

I haven't had an issue with turning off my Live Gallery. It doesn't seem to affect my orders at all.

14 hours ago, smttarik49 said:

I have contacted to support they told me that they can't remove sample work without client permission but the client is not active since last one year.

It might be hard to contact the client if your client hasn't been active for a year. It's also true that Fiverr CS can't remove the sample without the client's permission. However, there was one time that I was able to remove the Live gallery sample without the client's involvement because the client and I already had previous discussions about the live portfolio samples in our chats (many, many months ago - so it was unrelated to the order). I couldn't remember if it was in the inbox chats or connected to one of our orders so I just told Fiverr CS to "look at our chats." After telling them that, they removed the image within four minutes. See my chat with Fiverr CS below:

image.thumb.png.caa06aaf98ef0fce0f849900497e2ec7.png

• Like 7