Webinar: Improve your quality, impress your clients

mjensen415

Watch two members from Fiverr’s team and Pro Seller - ivilina - share insider tips and tricks for improving animation and service quality and optimizing Gigs to meet buyer expectations.

Check out the live recording to catch discussions about the following:

• Your Gig
  • Animation workflow
  • Animation tips
  • Animation trends 2022

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/5818845935889-Improve-your-quality-impress-your-clients?segment=seller

We also have a handout with helpful information and resources to help you in providing the best service.
Simply download the file inside the link and optimize your process.

About the Speakers:

Ina Gavazova, Independent Animator, Fiverr Pro seller

Ina has been an Independent Animator since 2013 and joined Fiverr in 2014. She runs a creative studio that works with 10 other bright creatives to produce explainer videos. Her studio specializes in custom 2D animation and motion graphics.

Click here to see ivilina's profile

Jacky Guttmann, Video and Animation Vertical Manager, Fiverr

Jacky is a former TV production manager and now works as Fiverr’s Video & Animation Vertical Manager. She’s responsible for the categories’ structures, new services, and keeping an eye out for new video trends and technologies.

Yoav Marcus, Education and Engagement Manager, Fiverr

Yoav is Fiverr’s Talent Manager of Sellers’ Education & Engagement. He’s responsible for producing and collaborating with sellers in various projects, keeping them connected and informed about all things Fiverr.

• Like 38
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

I enjoyed it, nothing hugely surprising to me though. Would have liked Q&A, especially as it was scheduled for an hour but only took 27 minutes. Perhaps I'm greedy.

It was a great initiative. We need more content like that.

I will try my best to support Fiverr more when they have these types of webinars planned, as they clearly are missing a finger on the pulse of things. At least in my opinion. (I was asked to share some ideas during my visit there, but by the time our CSM team meeting started my brain had been turned to mush, so I was unable to come up with some good suggestions off the cuff.)

For instance, had they visited the forum, they would know to tackle the "always online" myth within the first 60 seconds of the presentation. 🙂 

On an unrealated note, and this is probably a cultural thing, but I cringed super-hard when at the beginning of the webinar male attendees rushed to comment on how beautiful the hosts looked.

Guys, that's not OK in any context. 

• Like 42
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, frank_d said:

I cringed super-hard when at the beginning of the webinar male attendees rushed to comment on how beautiful the hosts looked.

I missed that, I was making a cup of tea for the first few minutes so was only listening. I have no words. Like seriously. What world do you live in that you think that can be acceptable. How ignorant. Really irritates me.

5 minutes ago, frank_d said:

It was a great initiative. We need more content like that.

100% Just would've loved some more follow up questions. For e.g., Fiverr doesn't show TRS to more buyers, fair enough, but I'd love to know some stats about whether buyers filter for level.

• Like 28

What did the webinar cover? Its interesting its titled "Rumours" 🤣

12 minutes ago, frank_d said:

male attendees rushed to comment on how beautiful the hosts looked.

Guys, that's not OK in any context. 

I have an additional reason as to why I wish I attended this webinar to see this 😂

• Like 21
  • Haha 8
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

13 minutes ago, theratypist said:

I have an additional reason as to why I wish I attended this webinar to see this 😂

It covered some myths about what Fiverr in general.

I don't remember everything, but in a  nutshell:

-Revisions don't hurt you in any way

-OOO mode and gig queue limits don't hurt you, as long as you don't use them for a long time (roughly 30 days straight I think)

-Editing your gig doesn't affect your ranking

-The title you originally used for your gig, doesn't end up hurting your gig when you decide to edit it to something else.

-Using a lot of tags everywhere is a big NO-NO.

-Being a TRS doesn't get you "more valuable buyers" (whatever that means)

-Using the NO CAP option in promoted gigs is best

• Like 29
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 5

I guess being late or preoccupied with one's tea or generally paying more attention to the content than the comments can pay off...

What @frank_d  keeps telling us, "Utilizing all Gig assets (such as having 3 packages) is converting", was a 'True', in any case 

Most of the rumours presented in "Rumour X - True or False?" way were false, so, if you think something is a rumour, there's a high probability that it is..., and I'll second Will, enjoyable but nothing hugely surprising, and there wasn't really time for much depth, half an hour isn't long.

• Like 17
  • Haha 7
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, frank_d said:

Wow, with what you shared it sounds like a great initiative. I can see how it could be helpful especially for new sellers.

50 minutes ago, frank_d said:

For instance, had they visited the forum, they would know to tackle the "always online" myth within the first 60 seconds of the presentation.

Definitely! Hopefully down the line. And would be nice that relevant clips that addresses the common forum topics could be officially pinned somewhere here.

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 20
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, theratypist said:

The exact title was "Tackling Fiverr Rumors" 🙂 in 3 "categories", Gig Search, Fiverr Features, Support (yes, you guessed it, Fiverr doesn't "take buyers' side in disputes", sorry, folks, that was a 'False') and Fiverr Profile

In addition to what Frank already listed:

- being in/leaving Seller Plus won't affect your ranking

- only 1 Gig/multiple Gigs? no correlation to Gig ranking

- if your gig is already organically ranking and you promote it, it won't lose its organic ranking but get more exposure

- Fiverr doesn't favour sellers with Notable Clients, Portfolio, Skills etc. profile features 

- reporting copied Gigs or Gigs that violate ToS IS encouraged, that one was a very enthusiastic 'True'

Edited by miiila
  • Like 24
  • Up 5

28 minutes ago, frank_d said:

-Being a TRS doesn't get you "more valuable buyers" (whatever that means)

I understood this one as "Traffic isn't determined by the seller level, but follows what buyers are searching for, i.e., relevancy is important, not that anyone following your forum topics could have missed that any more than the utilizing all Gig assets point 😉 

• Like 17
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, miiila said:

- reporting copied Gigs or Gigs that violate ToS IS encouraged, that one was a very enthusiastic 'True'

As long as reporting gigs that violates TOS bring any little bit of benefit I would spend hour a day by reporting anything that has stolen artwork. 😁 It maybe good way to clear out fake sellers for Fiverr. 

• Like 20
  • Up 2

48 minutes ago, frank_d said:

I am sad I didn't get to be a part of this, I was working and completely forgot.. One myth that I saw a lot of people ask... if you extend the deadline (especially due to people not placing the order properly), does that affect your ranking in any way? Not sure if that was asked.. it should be :). Thank you for the nuggest of information, even if I missed it, I did learn a few things. 

• Like 21
  • Up 2

57 minutes ago, miiila said:

reporting copied Gigs or Gigs that violate ToS IS encouraged, that one was a very enthusiastic 'Tru

I think the biggest problem is duplicated / copied gigs, and I would've thought they could easily run a script to check for plagiarism / exact copies of gigs, and auto flag them to T&S.

• Like 19
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 3

Maybe Fiverr could publish "Myth/Rumour Booster" webinars on the forum, or as a Fiverr Learn course, like that free one with Basic Fiverr stuff?
Maybe not the longer ones that consist mostly of questions and Q&As, as there'll be much that's only interesting for few people, or the ones asking the question, or too many things that could be misunderstood, but those like this one, where it's more a rapid-fire video FAQ directly and just from Fiverr staff, would seem suitable. 

Then, when those rumours/questions come up on the forum, people could watch, and decide what to believe... maybe even not ask the same questions over and over again (but that's just wishful thinking ;)).

• Like 18
  • Up 4

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

One myth that I saw a lot of people ask... if you extend the deadline (especially due to people not placing the order properly), does that affect your ranking in any way? Not sure if that was asked.. it should be :).

No, that one wasn't in, unless I missed it. But they had the similar question, if it affects your metrics if buyers use "too many" revisions. The answer was no, false rumour, as long as the first delivery was on time, but they said something like, however, remember that buyer satisfaction is a priority, etc. Which, I believe, is what you could actually say for many of those things, that they don't *directly* affect ranking, however... but for simple Myth Busting purposes, the simple truths, all collected in one place, on the forum, or somewhere the forum could point to, could already be what many people want, a simple answer, directly from Fiverr. "No, revisions don't directly affect your Gig ranking, cordially yours, Fiverr."

And that happy buyers are a priority, well, honestly, if you need to tell that to someone who wants to be a freelancer/have a business...

Edited by miiila
  • Like 19
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, frank_d said:

Using a lot of tags everywhere is a big NO-NO.

I'm still a bit confused about what this exactly means. If I'm correct, is it when you include a lot of SEO words in your description? I never paid attention to it really. but I'd still like to understand why it is considered a big no-no 🤔

Maybe it's very simple and I'm just missing something, but could you elaborate a bit on this if you have the time? 

• Like 16
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, miiila said:

only 1 Gig/multiple Gigs? no correlation to Gig ranking

While it may not correlate to gig ranking they could have specified whether it helps in general (with number of orders) to have multiple gigs (or in what cases it does). ie. I think on average, most of the time it helps more to have multiple active gigs than just one (ie. you'll likely get more orders per week with multiple active gigs).

I understood this one as "Traffic isn't determined by the seller level, but follows what buyers are searching for,

Yes but it seems like gigs from higher level sellers get shown higher up in the subcategories (and I think in the results when searching too). So that should mean on average higher levelled sellers get more impressions.

eg. when I search for "logo design" when logged out, ~48% of the results on the 1st page are for level 2 sellers, with only ~19% of results on the first page for unleveled sellers (despite unlevelled sellers having much more logo design gigs than level 2 sellers).

Also in 2019 Fiverr said in their data drive meeting video:

The Problem:
* Crowded marketplace controlled by Top Rated Sellers
* New sellers hardly will appear on listing

So they might have increased the amount of new seller gigs shown since then if that was something they were working at but it still seems correlated by the seller level (in theory the real cause could be other things like lower levelled sellers not having recent orders whereas levelled sellers are more likely to have them/more of them).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 15
  • Up 3

40 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

While it may not correlate to gig ranking they could have specified whether it helps in general (with number of orders) to have multiple gigs (or in what cases it does). ie. I think on average, most of the time it helps more to have multiple active gigs than just one (ie. you'll likely get more orders per week with multiple active gigs).

That’s true, but Fiverr has also started “punishing” sellers who create similar gigs just so that they can cast a wider net.

I’m looking right at you logo designers. 🙂 

So Fiverr is again trying to stop the nonsense of “step one: create 7 gigs”.

40 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Yes but it seems like gigs from higher level sellers get shown higher up in the subcategories (and I think in the results when searching too). So that should mean on average higher levelled sellers get more impressions.

The myth in question was about the TRS badge specifically. My guess is the CMS team gets so much nagging from lvl 2 sellers about the coveted badge that they had to somehow address it by saying: it won’t get you better clients necessarily. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2