Does it affects seller's profile rating when buyer wants to cancel the order?

iamattique

Hello Everybody!

A buyer has order me twice under the same custom offer. He claims it to be a internet glitch which caused him to order twice. Now he wants to cancel second order. My question is does in this scenario whether my review/rating will be affected or not?

Thank you very much.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

Hello Atique,

If your client order by mistake you can cancel the order. But if you cancel the order through Fiverr resolution center your order completion rate will be decrease. 

So what you can do?

• Cancel the order from fiverr support 
  • Select a subject line why you wan to cancel
  • Explain your client order by mistake
  • The order will be cancel within 24 hours
  • Your order completion rate will not decrease 

You can explain to your client youre going to cancel the order through fiverr support. 

I hope it will helpful for you.

Thanks

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2022 at 11:04 AM, hellotaher said:

Your order completion rate will not decrease

This is not a guarantee, nor is it a guarantee that CS will agree to cancel. 

On 5/25/2022 at 10:12 AM, iamattique said:

A buyer has order me twice under the same custom offer. He claims it to be a internet glitch which caused him to order twice.

This is not possible. As far as I am aware, once a custom offer is accepted, the offer is greyed out and cannot be selected again. 

• Like 11

9 hours ago, iamattique said:

A buyer has order me twice under the same custom offer. He claims it to be a internet glitch which caused him to order twice. Now he wants to cancel second order. My question is does in this scenario whether my review/rating will be affected or not?

3 hours ago, jonbaas said:

This is not possible. As far as I am aware, once a custom offer is accepted, the offer is greyed out and cannot be selected again.

This appears to be a glitch and it has happened to me and my buyers several times, I think when they are trigger happy and click too quickly on the button (before it greys out) or when browser is slow and they click on the button multiple times. This only happened to a repeat buyer of mine (and for proofreading services) so we just kept the orders.

9 hours ago, hellotaher said:

If your client order by mistake you can cancel the order. 

Actually, it is best if the buyer cancels (not the seller). It's more believable when the buyer says it was ordered by mistake.  I like how @imagination7413 explains it (see below). Canceling this way should not affect your seller statistics.

If the buyer cancels before entering in the order requirements, it also will not affect your seller statistics (see screenshot below).

image.thumb.png.43dadba545615f72450f91253bd150c8.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, jonbaas said:

I understand what you are trying to say but, that has happened to me and buyer claims it to be an internet glitch.

I checked again and it has happened the exact same as written.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vickieito said:

This appears to be a glitch and it has happened to me and my buyers several times, I think when they are trigger happy and click too quickly on the button (before it greys out) or when browser is slow and they click on the button multiple times. This only happened to a repeat buyer of mine (and for proofreading services) so we just kept the orders.

Exactly, that's what I am trynna say. Only difference in my case is that he is first time visitor of my gig.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, vickieito said:

Actually, it is best if the buyer cancels (not the seller). It's more believable when the buyer says it was ordered by mistake.  I like how @imagination7413 explains it (see below). Canceling this way should not affect your seller statistics.

If the buyer cancels before entering in the order requirements, it also will not affect your seller statistics (see screenshot below).

image.thumb.png.43dadba545615f72450f91253bd150c8.png

Perfect! I believe it is best. Thank you very much.

• Like 3

Recently, I have asked a question on forum about the cancellation of an order that has been placed twice by a mistake/internet glitch by buyer.

I am very much grateful for all the fellows who responded and helped to understand the scenario.

Question was: 

Hello Everybody!

Thank you very much.

Successfully, we have resolved the issue by mutual consent and using CS support. Buyer has requested them and they have cancelled the order.

More importantly, this does not affect my order completion rate. That was the whole tension and it sorted out well.

• Like 11
  • Congrats! 1

8 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Just in case: resolution Center is not CS. 
Resolution Center is a button on your order for mutual cancellations that needs approval from both you and a buyer. 
Customer support is a live agent that looks at the opened ticket 

That's  right, I have confused them while writing the post.

• Like 6
  • Up 1