What kind of music do you like?

brillzart

On 5/31/2022 at 2:54 AM, ozan_erdi said:

I have different choices for different stuff i do.

If im going to the gym, i listen metal. In flames, Soilwork, Dark Tranquillity kinda stuff.

If im going back from gym, i listen to funk/disco untill im done with the shover. Its uplifting and positive. Really good while taking a shower. 😄 

What i do as a freelance is mostly dark fantasy character designs. So if im working, i usually listen to "danheim" great artist does some ancient viking ambiance kinda thing. Really dark stuff.

But because music infulances what i design and paint, i pick some ambient accordingly and listen to that. If i need to draw some robots, i put on some industrial electronic, if i need a crusader drawn, i put on some medieval holy chants. Really opens up some dimensions. Its like a drug, but legal.

Ooo, that quite interesting! I like having different choices when I do stuff too. They can really influence your mood and motivate you. Also I agree with "Really opens up some dimensions", it definitely can. 😂

On 5/31/2022 at 3:38 AM, nomuffinsforyou said:

Wow there are a lot of people who like electronic dance music? I excited! I like the songs that sound very pretty. My favorite EDM artist is Porter Robinson! If you do not like EDM because it is boring, maybe you can give his songs a listen 🙂

Other stuff I like to listen to is video game soundtracks/remixes. I have an obsession with Touhou remixes ouo;; Deltarune/Undertale soundtrack is amazing!! 

I forgot to add that I used to play piano! I like playing stuff by Chopin, though they are really difficult to play >u<

Porter Robinson is great! I like three of his songs: Shelter, Goodbye To a World, and Unfold. 

Video game soundtracks/remixes are amazing, and I like the ones you mentioned as well.

Whoaaa, that's so cool that you used to play piano, especially since you played stuff by Chopin. Very impressive. 😃

On 5/31/2022 at 10:27 AM, melanielm said:

I've been listening to a lot of medievalesque hurdy-gurdy music lately. I have very eclectic tastes as anyone in my house or at a stoplight next to my car can tell you. My most frequent genres are probably classic and prog rock, symphonic metal, and 80s-90s alternative because it gives me a great sense of nostalgia for my youth. 

Oh nice! Lots of rock 'n roll I see, haha. Experiencing nostalgia from music is the best feeling, I love it. 

11 hours ago, teamandromeda said:

Depends on my mood. If I can't wake up in the morning I'm listening to something loud like techno - big fan of Kaskade. If I need to concentrate with some inspiration for a client I put on classical music (4 seasons of Vivaldi, Debussy, Chopin or Edward Grieg, I'm a composer myself hehe), that's when I write blogarticles/newsletters/businessplans. For the routine work (promoting Gigs or so) I put on This Never Happened/Lane 8, Cercle, LoFiGirl, Korolova, Nora en Pure, Anjunadeep. When I'm cleaning, cooking or doing the dishes I put on a language course 'while you sleep' which is often combined with lounge music. As a Moroccan immigrant I try to keep up with Darija/Tifinagh/Arabic. If you look for something experimental, follow me on YT: Andromeda Roberta 🙂 

All of those sound great! I see a lot of different genres which is cool. Keeping up with music that is in languages you know is also cool, I do that as well since I know other languages as well. 

• Like 9
  • Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2022 at 7:43 AM, brillzart said:

There are so many genres of music out there, I couldn't even list them all if I tried. 😅

My favorite are dance/electronic, alternative/rock, and pop (including pop in other languages). 

My follow-ups would be R&B/Soul, hip hop, lofi hip-hop, and piano. 

Unfortunately, I don't like rap or classical music much. 😪

All kind of music except the rock&rap means too much rock-rap, but mostly metallic, soft, classic, pop-jazz, K-pop, lofi or old classic grunchs....80's 90's 

and other languages songs.....Turkish, German, Spanish, Arabic Chinese, Korean and Cosplays or Anime musics.

Some of my favourites:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2022 at 8:17 PM, yingren0 said:

I actually like genres that are local to my region, those being soca and reggae. 

I like how both sound, very nice genres. 😀

On 6/17/2022 at 6:34 AM, only1kader said:

Music is like a fuel to my work. I can't even think of a new Logo design project without some music in my ear. I mostly listen to Trap music, sometimes Lofi and sensational music. Try these, you will thank me later. 🙂

I agree, it’s a fuel to my work as well. I have listened to those three genres, and it’s time for me to thank you for recommending them, I liked them. 😆

On 6/30/2022 at 7:38 AM, michaeledmon201 said:

My favourite music is techno-house. Such rhythmic music I listen only while I'm creating some DIY accessories for home. It's my hobby, all guides I see on this site it really helps me, and techno helps me to concentrate and be productive.

Honestly, I like techno too. I listen to it sometimes. 👍

On 6/30/2022 at 11:46 AM, sarahkhan97 said:
On 5/24/2022 at 10:43 PM, brillzart said:

All kind of music except the rock&rap means too much rock-rap, but mostly metallic, soft, classic, pop-jazz, K-pop, lofi or old classic grunchs....80's 90's 

and other languages songs.....Turkish, German, Spanish, Arabic Chinese, Korean and Cosplays or Anime musics.

I definitely like some of the genres you mentioned: metallic, soft, pop-jazz, lofi.

Other languages songs are so cool to listen to, I love listening to songs in other languages too.

On 6/30/2022 at 11:46 AM, sarahkhan97 said:

Some of my favourites:

I actually ended up liking all of them. Last one was my favorite. 😀

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...