What kind of music do you like?

brillzart

There are so many genres of music out there, I couldn't even list them all if I tried. 😅

My favorite are dance/electronic, alternative/rock, and pop (including pop in other languages). 

My follow-ups would be R&B/Soul, hip hop, lofi hip-hop, and piano. 

Unfortunately, I don't like rap or classical music much. 😪

• Like 24

Progressive rock/metal mostly. I also do enjoy jazz and classical. Very occasionally, I'll also listen to more extreme metal genres or electronic music. Anyone who enjoys heavy/melodious combinations should def check out VOLA. They're my favorite band right now. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2022 at 11:02 PM, roseline_1818 said:

😔😔😔 Classical music is what I love ❤️ 

Totally understandable, I guess my ears are just missing out. 💔

On 5/25/2022 at 12:13 AM, rudra_dey said:

Pop songs.

Pop is great. 👍

On 5/25/2022 at 12:13 AM, rudra_dey said:

And also folk songs...

Interesting, I don’t really know many of them, but the ones I know sound pretty good. 

On 5/25/2022 at 6:38 AM, williambryan392 said:

The notification sound fiverr makes 😉 

You have…interesting music preferences. 🤨

On 5/25/2022 at 8:18 AM, imagination7413 said:

Video-game-soundtrack covers and remixes. (Like Smooth McGroove and OverClocked Remix.)

I have a fondness for instrumental, both orchestral and synth. (Like Trans-Siberian Orchestra and F-777.)

Recently I've taken an interest in electro-swing/jazz.

Honestly, I like video-game soundtrack covers and remixes too. I feel like some are underrated. I haven’t heard of Trans-Siberian Orchestra, but I have heard of F-777, and their music is sooo goooood. Electro-swing and jazz sound intriguing, maybe I should consider listening to them.

On 5/25/2022 at 10:32 AM, newsmike said:

Wins!  The internet will be closed till tomorrow morning.

Wins what, exactly? 😂

14 hours ago, debodutta420 said:

Progressive rock/metal mostly. I also do enjoy jazz and classical.

Definitely very good music. 👌

14 hours ago, debodutta420 said:

Anyone who enjoys heavy/melodious combinations should def check out VOLA

I’ll consider it, haha, thank you for the suggestion.

• Like 13
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, brillzart said:

I haven’t heard of Trans-Siberian Orchestra

think this video is where I fist discovered them, over a decade ago.

36 minutes ago, brillzart said:

Electro-swing and jazz sound intriguing

Again, just video that introduced me to the subgenre:

---

There are probably better examples of both, but those are what got me to look into both of them more.

If you like F-777, you'd probably like a lot of this playlist of similar stuff I've collected: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGXNCBOYJ9g&list=PLj63i3gS9OQTqJ17Zej4cts-DzOBRFmKh&index=2 (yes, there's already a lot of F-777 on that list).

• Like 12

On 5/26/2022 at 3:31 PM, hasanmohammad44 said:

I love soft music. Specially the music with soft vocal.

Sometimes I do too. I can already think of several bands/artists who produce soft music, I like them.

On 5/26/2022 at 4:44 PM, newsmike said:

How has everyone overlooked Puddles this far?

What a nice video, haha.

20 hours ago, mdminhaz05 said:

I don't like song

Damn, that's sad. 😔

3 hours ago, qcreations3 said:

I love classical

Ay, nice!

• Like 14

I have different choices for different stuff i do.

If im going to the gym, i listen metal. In flames, Soilwork, Dark Tranquillity kinda stuff.

If im going back from gym, i listen to funk/disco untill im done with the shover. Its uplifting and positive. Really good while taking a shower. 😄 

What i do as a freelance is mostly dark fantasy character designs. So if im working, i usually listen to "danheim" great artist does some ancient viking ambiance kinda thing. Really dark stuff.

But because music infulances what i design and paint, i pick some ambient accordingly and listen to that. If i need to draw some robots, i put on some industrial electronic, if i need a crusader drawn, i put on some medieval holy chants. Really opens up some dimensions. Its like a drug, but legal.

There is mostly no pop or hiphop in my arsenal. maybe 1 or 2 exception

Edited by ozan_erdi
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Wow there are a lot of people who like electronic dance music? I excited! I like the songs that sound very pretty. My favorite EDM artist is Porter Robinson! If you do not like EDM because it is boring, maybe you can give his songs a listen 🙂

Other stuff I like to listen to is video game soundtracks/remixes. I have an obsession with Touhou remixes ouo;; Deltarune/Undertale soundtrack is amazing!! 

I forgot to add that I used to play piano! I like playing stuff by Chopin, though they are really difficult to play >u<

Edited by nomuffinsforyou
Forgot to add things!
  • Like 9
  • Up 1

I've been listening to a lot of medievalesque hurdy-gurdy music lately. I have very eclectic tastes as anyone in my house or at a stoplight next to my car can tell you. My most frequent genres are probably classic and prog rock, symphonic metal, and 80s-90s alternative because it gives me a great sense of nostalgia for my youth. 

• Like 7
  • Up 1

Depends on my mood. If I can't wake up in the morning I'm listening to something loud like techno - big fan of Kaskade. If I need to concentrate with some inspiration for a client I put on classical music (4 seasons of Vivaldi, Debussy, Chopin or Edward Grieg, I'm a composer myself hehe), that's when I write blogarticles/newsletters/businessplans. For the routine work (promoting Gigs or so) I put on This Never Happened/Lane 8, Cercle, LoFiGirl, Korolova, Nora en Pure, Anjunadeep. When I'm cleaning, cooking or doing the dishes I put on a language course 'while you sleep' which is often combined with lounge music. As a Moroccan immigrant I try to keep up with Darija/Tifinagh/Arabic. If you look for something experimental, follow me on YT: Andromeda Roberta 🙂 

• Like 7
  • Up 1