Proper response to a review?

asifhaque07

Question

Buyer left a review of "Always a pleasure working with my brother" with 3.7 in his 11th gig with me. Such an unpredictable turn. We have a very understandable relation too. Can any of you help me with what type of response should I write in his reviews reply?

• Like 10
  • Up 2

8 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, asifhaque07 said:

Buyer left a review of "Always a pleasure working with my brother" with 3.7 in his 11th gig with me. Such an unpredictable turn. We have a very understandable relation too. Can any of you help me with what type of response should I write in his reviews reply?

Well it looks like his response is exactly the same response as his last 5-star review. This buyer has also given you a couple of 4.7 stars, but all reviews have very positive comments.

So since your buyer didn't have anything negative to say, you can just highlight the positives when you respond to the review. You could mention that he is a repeat buyer and is very happy with your services. You could also mention that you love working with him and you look forward to future projects. Potential buyers will see that you have a strong relationship to this buyer, so this is a good thing for you.

Not all buyers will give 5-star reviews, even for good services. When I was growing up, I was actually taught to never give 5-star reviews (3 is standard, anything more is exceptional, anything less is subpar). Of course for Fiverr, 5-star reviews are the expected minimum, so I've gotten used to giving out 5-star reviews.

• Like 13
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, vickieito said:

Well it looks like his response is exactly the same response as his last 5-star review. This buyer has also given you a couple of 4.7 stars, but all reviews have very positive comments.

So since your buyer didn't have anything negative to say, you can just highlight the positives when you respond to the review. You could mention that he is a repeat buyer and is very happy with your services. You could also mention that you love working with him and you look forward to future projects. Potential buyers will see that you have a strong relationship to this buyer, so this is a good thing for you.

Not all buyers will give 5-star reviews, even for good services. When I was growing up, I was actually taught to never give 5-star reviews (3 is standard, anything more is exceptional, anything less is subpar). Of course for Fiverr, 5-star reviews are the expected minimum, so I've gotten used to giving out 5-star reviews.

Thanks Vickie. I was planning with saying similar things. Though, why not ask my fellow community to be sure.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, abdelrahmankhal said:

This is normal, some people never give 5 stars although they are very satisfied with the service provided 

(There is always an area for improvement 5 stars' time doesn't come yet), This is how they think. 

I think that's will not harm your gig.

Thank you.

• Like 7

• If its a 5 star good review, thank them and let them know that you are willing to do more business in future.
  • if its an "OK" review (somewhere between 3 - 4.9) be respectfull and polite, say that you are willing to provide services another time and improve yourself
  • If its a Bad Review with negative comments about you, be respectful and polite, then tell your side of the story but DO NOT COMPLAIN! 
  • Learn from the Bad reviews and Improve yourself! 

hope this helps!🙏

• Like 2