Do you think it will be a problem if I launch an offer/assistance for Russians?

agenciawem

The worst thing about war, is that innocent people, who have nothing to do with the decisions of politicians, end up paying for it. I have seen that here, as in many other places, have been launched several initiatives to offer help to Ukrainians, I myself have also expressed my solidarity and support to my clients from that country; but I wonder if fiverr will have any problem, if I offer promotions or any way of assistance also to Russian civilians.

They are also being subjected to multiple sanctions, they have been thrown out of here, regardless of whether they agree with the invasion of their president, thus also affecting workers and families, who had nothing to do with the decisions of Putin's government.

Do you think that if I launch a promotion, for Russians to access cheaper services, or for sellers to offer their services through a non-Russian based account, so as not to be blocked, I am somehow breaking any guidelines?

I do not see any prohibition in this sense in the terms of fiverr, and in the post of fiverr's support to ukraine, the comments that do not go in the same direction of repeating the speech of the tv, are censored, so do not even want to ask in that space. what do you think?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

It's a good question. Everyone would be having different prospective about this.

I think business should be a business until or unless it is creating a problem for any of these two countries. Yeah, I agree that they are under sanctions and they should be because all necessary and possible steps should be taken to stop wars.

But like on this level, like we as freelancers, if we are not breaking any TOS nor we are doing any politics then we are good to go and to provide the top quality service possible.

Hope this would help.

Thank You!

• Like 8

14 hours ago, agenciawem said:

or for sellers to offer their services through a non-Russian based account, so as not to be blocked, I am somehow breaking any guidelines?

If you are helping people to bypass a block on selling for a country that Fiverr has put in place for some reason (though not all gigs for that country are unavailable) I'd assume Fiverr wouldn't be happy about it. I'd expect they could disable your account for it.

If you want to know what is allowed/disallowed you could speak to customer support through a support ticket.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1