A story about a fiverr buyer being a pervert.

sabiha19

Not Related to regular posts but I just feel like sharing it. It's been months since it actually happened to me. But I want to share it now. A buyer bought some stuffs from me related to art then later he said he wants a longterm work relationship between us. So he wanted my portfolio and I gave him. He'd text me on that platform on a regular basis saying he wants to order this and that. And he did order a lot of things from me. But the things that bothered me was he is a n*sty pervert. He said he wants to facetime to discuss about our work but all he was doing was trying to flirt with me. He was a middle aged man and probably married. He thought I was a naïve teenager or something. He'd tell me that he liked me and wants to date me. He even tried to manipulate me to send him nudes but I refused so he tried to send me his D pics. Every time we talked he'd bring s*x into it. All this time I was only talking to him because he bought stuffs from me. Then Finally after the orders were finished I stopped responding to him. He told me that he'd buy more things from me if I respond to his texts. But I just stopped. And he also gave up after a while. So that's my weird story as a seller on fiverr

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

@sabiha19,  The minute he mentioned facetime or sent you inappropriate messages or images you can report him and block him right away. You do not have to deal with it until your orders complete. This was clearly s exual harassment!

I'm really sorry you had to deal with him. Not only was his behavior unacceptable, he wasted a lot of your time with his unwanted chats, advances, and requests. Totally uncalled for. 😟 This makes me really sad.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I think he was grooming you, first he buys a lot of stuff, to earn your confidence, then he starts getting weird.  You can block him, report him, or ignore his nasty acts and keep taking the money. That's your decision. I'm a guy, so if another guy sends me a D pick, I'll probably laugh, but I know for women it's different. Sorry this happened to you. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2022 at 9:57 AM, sabiha19 said:

He said he wants to facetime to discuss about our work but all he was doing was trying to flirt with me

You were also risking your Fiverr account by having off platform discussions. You should protect yourself by not accepting invites to chat anywhere else.  

• Like 8
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 8:07 AM, sanaaliabbasi said:

When He started filrting with you, and sent nuds, Why didn't you report him, or block him???

Because I had orders from him and I didn't know if blocking or reporting was gonna affect anything

• Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2022 at 3:57 PM, sabiha19 said:

Not Related to regular posts but I just feel like sharing it. It's been months since it actually happened to me. But I want to share it now. A buyer bought some stuffs from me related to art then later he said he wants a longterm work relationship between us. So he wanted my portfolio and I gave him. He'd text me on that platform on a regular basis saying he wants to order this and that. And he did order a lot of things from me. But the things that bothered me was he is a n*sty pervert. He said he wants to facetime to discuss about our work but all he was doing was trying to flirt with me. He was a middle aged man and probably married. He thought I was a naïve teenager or something. He'd tell me that he liked me and wants to date me. He even tried to manipulate me to send him nudes but I refused so he tried to send me his D pics. Every time we talked he'd bring s*x into it. All this time I was only talking to him because he bought stuffs from me. Then Finally after the orders were finished I stopped responding to him. He told me that he'd buy more things from me if I respond to his texts. But I just stopped. And he also gave up after a while. So that's my weird story as a seller on fiverr

Such things happened to me also long time ago, a buyer threatens to stop working with me, if I don't reply his nasty message, and I told him, I'm a married woman, but because I'm a new seller then, and I don't want to lose orders, I followed up, I later stopped talking to him, but he leave a negative feedback on one of the order, thank God, I'm a seller two now.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1