My account was shut down...because I got scammed ?

Hey there,

I will try to keep this civil even though that issue has been making my blood boil and I am usually as calm as it gets.

I have been using Fiverr over a year, I have 43 completed gigs and my rating has been 5 stars all the way, I always go above and beyond to make sure my clients are happy with the services I provide ( 3D art ). I always follow the rules, remind people that I cannot take payments out of Fiverr, use materials I own the commercial rights to etc.

Recently I had this client that came in and wanted me to work "his way". That meant that he had no clear idea of what the piece was, but that through lots of back and forth we would get to create the piece. I will skip the hell that this has put me through, I just bought that bullet and learned that I should have communicated better on that. After 50 hours of work we finally got to the final version. I deliver the files that were agreed to.

Now instead of closing the gig, he asked me for the 3D source files of the project. Until that point we had never agreed to me sharing these files if I were to finalize the gig. I tend to not share them as they contain all of my workflow, and if I do I charge 25% of the gig.
But because I refused to deliver them right there and now with the final piece, he reported my account, and to my ( burnt out ) minds surprise, Fiverr immediately gave him reason. 50 hours of work, unpaid, my account freezes and I cannot message people. It has been 5 days and no one in the support is getting back to me.

I have very clear proofs that the situation happened as I am explaining it, everything is written in our messages.

How do I proceed to fix this mess ? Again this has been over a year of work playing by the rules and getting treated that way has been really rough. If anyone has been in a similar situation feel free to share.

Thanks.

• Like 6
  • Sad 4

Hey there,

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me, I appreciate it ;

I received an email stating that my account was currently being reviewed as it had been flagged for inappropriate behavior. It also says that my account is restricted whenever I try to send messages. Also I cannot take in any orders.

I assume it is restricted ? I can't do anything really :classic_wacko:

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, decentralander said:

I assume it is restricted ?

Restricted

The account is partially disabled.
The customer, either buyer or seller, can access the account, withdraw funds, complete ongoing orders, and review their order history. They cannot place or receive new orders, nor can they communicate with other customers through inbox messages.  seller's Gigs will not show on the marketplace, and buyers will not be able to place new orders. Once an account is temporarily disabled, the customer needs to wait for the trial period (which can take upwards of 90 days) to be completed—to know if the account will be restored or permanently disabled. 

Customer Support can neither influence the result of this review nor can they update the customer on the review's end date. 

The above is from the Help Centre.

You will have to wait for the outcome of the review.

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, lloydsolutions said:

Restricted

The account is partially disabled.
The customer, either buyer or seller, can access the account, withdraw funds, complete ongoing orders, and review their order history. They cannot place or receive new orders, nor can they communicate with other customers through inbox messages.  seller's Gigs will not show on the marketplace, and buyers will not be able to place new orders. Once an account is temporarily disabled, the customer needs to wait for the trial period (which can take upwards of 90 days) to be completed—to know if the account will be restored or permanently disabled. 

Customer Support can neither influence the result of this review nor can they update the customer on the review's end date. 

You will have to wait for the outcome of the review.

I see, thanks for making this situation a bit more clear for me, I still don't know exactly why they decided to listen to the buyer but it helps.

Have a nice day !

• Like 7

22 hours ago, lloydsolutions said:

Happy to help.

Hopefully you will hear back soon.

Hey there, 

I had to open up another support request because it has been 6 days now and no one is getting back to me. After asking what was going on I was met with a response telling me that I was permanently banned. ( I still do no know for what reasons by the way ). When I asked what they meant as you guys told me there was a 90 days period in which they reviewed my case, the person closed my ticket with that response :

"This ticket was closed because it has been merged with an open ticket related to the same request."

Which in itself is false, I opened my previous ticket based off having issues with the buyer, and no one has been getting back to me on that exact ticket for the past 6 days.

This is not okay, I am still unaware of the reasons as to why my account is restricted.

Is anyone here able to look into my case ? I believe someone made an error and it is starting to look like they decided to leave my account into oblivion.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, decentralander said:

I was met with a response telling me that I was permanently banned.

Permanently Disabled

The account was disabled and will not be restored.
When this happens, the customer cannot log into the account at all, and the reason it was disabled was due to a serious violation of our Terms of Service. Sellers with funds available for withdrawal will need to wait 90 days to withdraw, as described in our Terms of Service.

Sellers will then receive an automatic email that allows them 7 days to withdraw the funds.

• Violation of Fiverr's Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards may get your account disabled permanently.
  • Users with disabled accounts will not be able to sell or buy on Fiverr.
  • The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

On 5/20/2022 at 12:38 AM, decentralander said:

Hey there,

I will try to keep this civil even though that issue has been making my blood boil and I am usually as calm as it gets.

I have been using Fiverr over a year, I have 43 completed gigs and my rating has been 5 stars all the way, I always go above and beyond to make sure my clients are happy with the services I provide ( 3D art ). I always follow the rules, remind people that I cannot take payments out of Fiverr, use materials I own the commercial rights to etc.

Recently I had this client that came in and wanted me to work "his way". That meant that he had no clear idea of what the piece was, but that through lots of back and forth we would get to create the piece. I will skip the hell that this has put me through, I just bought that bullet and learned that I should have communicated better on that. After 50 hours of work we finally got to the final version. I deliver the files that were agreed to.

Now instead of closing the gig, he asked me for the 3D source files of the project. Until that point we had never agreed to me sharing these files if I were to finalize the gig. I tend to not share them as they contain all of my workflow, and if I do I charge 25% of the gig.
But because I refused to deliver them right there and now with the final piece, he reported my account, and to my ( burnt out ) minds surprise, Fiverr immediately gave him reason. 50 hours of work, unpaid, my account freezes and I cannot message people. It has been 5 days and no one in the support is getting back to me.

I have very clear proofs that the situation happened as I am explaining it, everything is written in our messages.

How do I proceed to fix this mess ? Again this has been over a year of work playing by the rules and getting treated that way has been really rough. If anyone has been in a similar situation feel free to share.

Thanks.

Sorry for you. Hope you will get a solution from support.

• Like 2