I dodged a seller/buyer's heavily manipluative tactics, managed to get them to accept delivery, and now we're at that review stage. I don't know what to do.

mandyzines

11 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Ah I'm sorry, that's a kick in the guts. 

I took a look at your profile and the review, I think it's likely that the immediate blocking caused, or at least exacerbated the negative review.

Anyway, what's done is done.

A tiny bit of good news is that fiverr isn't considering this review as being that relevant. It typically orders reviews by relevancy when showing them to buyers and this is at the very bottom. Also, you've still got a 4.9 overall rating which is great!

Agreed.

I've a few colleagues who've been trapped within orders by buyers demanding they do something, or a few things, for free. Their stories and mine share a similar pattern. I should have canceled the order when he/she/how-ever-many-people intentionally bypassed pertinent order requirements. Then, it wouldn't have even gotten this far. But, you're right in regards to the good news. Thank you!

• Like 7

On 5/18/2022 at 11:39 PM, mandyzines said:

I told him that I would gladly look that over, then blocked him.

This was the mistake. In a case like this, don't block them, leave a line of communication open. If we still wants to place a new order with you, he likely won't leave a bad review, otherwise you wont' want to work with him again.

Btw, I checked the profile that left you a review. It's a fake profile, using a fake picture. If you have a success manager, get in touch with them. Otherwise try the support. I'm afraid blocking him may harm your position, but he's breaking Fiverr rules and is dishonest for sure. People like that shouldn't be allowed to leave reviews.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2022 at 6:52 PM, visualstudios said:

This was the mistake. In a case like this, don't block them, leave a line of communication open. If we still wants to place a new order with you, he likely won't leave a bad review, otherwise you wont' want to work with him again.

Btw, I checked the profile that left you a review. It's a fake profile, using a fake picture. If you have a success manager, get in touch with them. Otherwise try the support. I'm afraid blocking him may harm your position, but he's breaking Fiverr rules and is dishonest for sure. People like that shouldn't be allowed to leave reviews.

Thank you for your reply, but I don't think unblocking this person at this point would do anything. I suppose just raising my prices that day would've sufficed but the person was throwing so much at me that I just wanted the manipulation to stop, fast.

I don't have a success manager. I did reach out to customer service. They're not interested in comparing order correspondence to what the person stated happened in the review. They don't seem to be concerned with facts and lying in this context. The only part about the review that's accurate is about me blocking them, which I do believe I have the right to do once everything advertised has been delivered and accepted.

You're right. I too suspect that there are misrepresentations going on with this user(s), in terms of the supermodel picture and probably their reviews as a seller. (And it's crazy that this person/people handle(s) mail.) But, how would I go about reporting and proving that? And, specifically, what part of the TOS or Community Guidelines would I be referencing?

Would it be this:

Authentic Fiverr Profile - You may not create a false identity on Fiverr, misrepresent your identity, create a Fiverr profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., while may be kept anonymous, must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Fiverr reserves the right to require users to go through a verification process in order to use the Site (whether by using ID, phone, camera, etc.).

and this:

Misleading profile information

Do not:

• Post a fake name, location, gender, or photo in your user profile. 

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 3
  • Up 2

On 5/28/2022 at 6:52 PM, visualstudios said:

On 5/28/2022 at 5:37 PM, williambryan392 said:

Got to focus on the positives! You can definitely come back from this, it's really not the end of the world, don't let it drag you down or knock your confidence.

Not one order has come in since, and impressions have dropped into the pits, even though four more five star reviews from orders around that time have been published on top of theirs. The fake seller profile phenomena doesn't seem to be a concern to CS, in addition to them misrepresenting what happened in their review. CS still won't even look at the order correspondence.

So, basically, anyone can open an account with bad intentions then cancel sellers, is what it's looking like--so  long as the review itself doesn't have abusive language.

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

The fake seller profile phenomena doesn't seem to be a concern to CS, in addition to them misrepresenting what happened in their review. CS still won't even look at the order correspondence.

How exactly do you know that he's a fake seller/buyer ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cre8iveartwork said:

who knows , there's no proof of that at the moment. 

Well, I have proof that what this person, or these people, stated in the review is a lie and that won't be investigated. So, I can see where a fake profile photo would get overlooked.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

It may not mean much to you now, but it will recover in time. Stats are rolling over 30 and 60 days (I believe) and it will come back. It just sucks at the moment. The only things you can do are wait, and maybe launch a new gig.

I did add one yesterday! 😃

• Like 3
  • Congrats! 1