can we create 2 gigs with the same keywords?

theamitsingh

Are we just talking about the same tags or keywords showing up in both Gigs, while the Gigs themselves are different enough, or about the Gig titles being virtually the same thing, and the Gigs selling the same thing?

As long as the Gigs themselves aren't too similar, I don't think Fiverr cares which keywords they use, why would they. If the same keywords happen to be applicable to and good for both Gigs, or the seller thinks so, I can't see a problem. 

If the keywords don't actually apply to both Gigs, however, if it's clear that the seller is trying to "exploit" a keyword, like an Amazon seller selling polyester shirts but using "cotton" as a keyword, that might be an issue. I don't know if I ever read anything about that in ToS, policies, etc., but I'd assume it would be frowned upon if someone brought it up, and perhaps the seller would be told to change it. But I don't think that happens often here, most sellers will use keywords that fit their Gig.

• Like 12

On 5/18/2022 at 6:40 AM, miiila said:

like an Amazon seller selling polyester shirts but using "cotton" as a keyword,

That is why often when I search for a specific item on Amazon I get weird results.

On 5/18/2022 at 5:43 AM, theamitsingh said:

i recently saw a seller 2 gig on same keywords ranking on a first page.

I have 12 gigs, and 11 of them have to do with proofreading and copy-editing; therefore, many of my keywords will be similar, if not the same. The difference in the gigs is what I offer to proofread/copy edit.

On 5/18/2022 at 6:40 AM, miiila said:

Gig titles being virtually the same thing, and the Gigs selling the same thing?

The above would be against Fiverr's TOS. 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 12

On 5/18/2022 at 4:10 PM, miiila said:

Are we just talking about the same tags or keywords showing up in both Gigs, while the Gigs themselves are different enough, or about the Gig titles being virtually the same thing, and the Gigs selling the same thing?

As long as the Gigs themselves aren't too similar, I don't think Fiverr cares which keywords they use, why would they. If the same keywords happen to be applicable to and good for both Gigs, or the seller thinks so, I can't see a problem. 

If the keywords don't actually apply to both Gigs, however, if it's clear that the seller is trying to "exploit" a keyword, like an Amazon seller selling polyester shirts but using "cotton" as a keyword, that might be an issue. I don't know if I ever read anything about that in ToS, policies, etc., but I'd assume it would be frowned upon if someone brought it up, and perhaps the seller would be told to change it. But I don't think that happens often here, most sellers will use keywords that fit their Gig.

406959109_Screenshot2022-05-19200545.thumb.png.6cda83135ebae907f20f5397aae0c6bf.png

im talking about this its 1st page result

• Like 8

2 hours ago, theamitsingh said:

im talking about this its 1st page result

Well, that seems to be two different Gigs, just going by the screenshot, one for a (probably not multi-vendor) WordPress ecommerce site, and one for a multi-vendor whatever ecommerce site, I don't see an issue then. If the same keywords apply to both Gigs, it makes sense to use them for both Gigs. 

What is your purpose, do you want to "create 2 gigs with the same keywords"? Then go ahead if those same keywords fit to both Gigs that you want to create, and both Gigs are different enough to comply with Fiverr's terms. Or don't you like that the seller uses the same keywords for both Gigs? In that case, I think you'll just have to live with that, unless, again, those Gigs are basically for the same thing = duplicate Gigs, in which case, if you really want to, you could report it and try to convince support of that, but I don't really see it. Multi-vendor/not multi-vendor, and once WordPress/generic ecommerce seems to be different enough to me.

• Like 6
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree with @miiila. The two gigs in the screenshot are different because one offers the service to multi-vendors and one offers it to individuals. Also, the gig descriptions are a bit different.

BTW I like the way @php_143 has set up his gig images to be similar. It gives his profile page a nice unified look.

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 5/19/2022 at 12:24 AM, vickiespencer said:
On 5/18/2022 at 6:40 PM, miiila said:

Gig titles being virtually the same thing, and the Gigs selling the same thing?

The above would be against Fiverr's TOS.

@vickiespencer

To be honest Fiverr is not always acting against violations.

I have 2 recent examples of this: I reported 2 sellers.

The first seller is using 5 GIGs and everything in the GIG (title, description, packages,….) is the same, only the GIG image is different. The seller is still able to continue with these GIGs. Fiverr did not take action.

The second seller is even worse. He is using 2 accounts. I am not going to give details (because this seller is using the forum). The seller is still able to continue with 2 accounts. Fiverr did not take action.

• Like 7

• 3 months later...