Buyer shared me his contact number

huntsalil

Question

Buyer shared me his contact number in my inbox. What should I do?
Every week I get 2 or 3 of these types of messages & I report & blocked them.

If I maintain this way within a Year I will block 25%  of my total work.

But what is the actual solution please anybody help me?

InkedScreenshot 2022-05-18 064020 - 5_LI.jpg

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1

7 answers to this question

6 hours ago, huntsalil said:

Every week I get 2 or 3 of these types of messages & I report & blocked them.
 If I maintain this way within a Year I will block 25%  of my total work.

That's making the assumption that spam messages are going to stay the same as your business evolves and changes.

While spam never goes away, I noticed that I got the most spam messages when I was a newbie seller. You've only got 12 reviews so you are a prime target for spammers.

I also find that I attract certain spammers to my gig because of the pictures I use or how I've written my gigs or FAQ. So take a look at everything a potential spammer might look at.

And since gigs get rotated throughout different regions, please note the changes in the types of spam messages you get from different areas of the world and make any necessary changes.

If you are only getting one type of spammer, that's telling you that there is something in your gig that is attracting that type of spammer. So try to find out why and make changes to see if your spam counts go down.

2 hours ago, miiila said:

use it as a practice in zen, equanimity, serenity, or something the like.

Spammers can be so frustrating so I like what @miiila says here. 😊 Try not to let it get to you. It's not worth it to waste your time and energy worrying about spam.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, huntsalil said:

I report & blocked them.

3 hours ago, huntsalil said:

What should I do?

That's all you can do, deal with it in the quickest way possible. There is no "actual solution" for you, as any other means to stop the spam, rest in Fiverr's hands.

Well, you could inform Fiverr about the fact that those spammers waste a lot of your time, but Fiverr is certainly aware of the spam issue, you're not being the only person receiving spam, and they probably are doing whatever they think practicable from their perspective to keep the spam under control.

It's annoying, sure. The best "solution" I've found so far is to be done with it as quickly as possible and to not let it annoy you, to not waste thoughts or emotions on it, but use it as a practice in zen, equanimity, serenity, or something the like.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1