Should I Spend The Money?

nofurthernotice

I have had work created for me on Fiverr and I know that I own the copyright based on FIVERR's platform rules.  However, should I still spend the money with Legal Zoom or another entity to register the copyright?  I'm not so worried about the artist coming back as much as I am about someone trying to create or sell products with my design.  I know I have the legal copyright; but I'd like to avoid any headaches of having to take someone to court to enforce my rights.

• Like 3

Tricky question. And not enough information to give a full answer.

Do you think the Seller you purchased from was legitimate and wouldn't resell the same design to someone else? Have you searched for your design to make sure it is unique enough to register? Do you expect your product to become 'big' enough that growth in the market would require you register something unique and earn enough to cover the costs involved with registering and/or defending your brand?

For example, if you're making a beeswax lotion that you only plan to ever sell at a craft-fair, vs filing a patent that could revolutionize an industry.

I'm glad to hear you want to be on the up-and-up and do things right, but if you want professional advice, it would be best to consult a professional (copyright lawyer).

• Like 3