Jump to content

Seller order approval system


Recommended Posts

Hi!

I think a system where instead of buyers simply ordering from us without us knowing what is coming, we could instead have a queue of orders that we can accept, deny, or request revisions/additional info. 

 

A number of times now I have had new buyers order from me, having never spoken with me, and ordered either racist, uncomfortable, etc topics, or ordered in correctly taking advantage of not having a system like this in place. E.g. my gig is per 100 words, and I have clients that ordered 100 words, but submitted almost 300, and would have required commercial rights. In other words what should have been a $75 order was $15. My only recourse is to request the extras be purchased which I risk having the order cancelled (or if they don't respond, it turning late requiring me to request an extension.) OR (what I usually do) Take it on the chin, and in the delivery message note the "mistakes" and just say "next time please..." 

In short, if we could please have a system where buyers order, then sellers review and then approve, deny, or request updates, would be fantastic!

 

Thanks,

Chris

  • Like 3
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, chrishyson said:

I think a system where instead of buyers simply ordering from us without us knowing what is coming, we could instead have a queue of orders that we can accept, deny, or request revisions/additional info. 

Great idea! However, I do think that as sellers we should know what is coming.

My issues comes from the buyers who try to skip past the order requirements by attaching a completely random photo or putting nonsense words in the text boxes of my order requirements. The timer has already started and I can't do any work.

I would like to be able to reject the order requirements with a note that their requirements are incomplete and the timer doesn't start until I mark the order requirements as acceptable.

12 hours ago, chrishyson said:

I have clients that ordered 100 words, but submitted almost 300, and would have required commercial rights. In other words what should have been a $75 order was $15. My only recourse is to request the extras be purchased which I risk having the order cancelled (or if they don't respond, it turning late requiring me to request an extension.) OR (what I usually do) Take it on the chin, and in the delivery message note the "mistakes" and just say "next time please..." 

In my order requirements I have a question that says "Please check everything that you expect out of this order. If you list any service that you haven't paid for, please note that the seller will request that you pay for this additional service after you submit your order requirements." Then, I send them a gig extra for any additional services that they are requesting but haven't paid for. The buyers usually tell me that they don't need the extra service or they pay for it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, vickieito said:

In my order requirements I have a question that says "Please check everything that you expect out of this order. If you list any service that you haven't paid for, please note that the seller will request that you pay for this additional service after you submit your order requirements." Then, I send them a gig extra for any additional services that they are requesting but haven't paid for. The buyers usually tell me that they don't need the extra service or they pay for it.

Yeah I have a few questions that ask about certain requirements, but they are often skipped over...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, chrishyson said:

Yeah I have a few questions that ask about certain requirements, but they are often skipped over...

On 5/17/2022 at 5:57 PM, vickieito said:

My issues comes from the buyers who try to skip past the order requirements by attaching a completely random photo or putting nonsense words in the text boxes of my order requirements. The timer has already started and I can't do any work.

I would like to be able to reject the order requirements with a note that their requirements are incomplete and the timer doesn't start until I mark the order requirements as acceptable.

Exactly! That's why I love your idea of giving the seller the option to reject the buyer's requirement (or send it into revision mode) until it is acceptable. And then start the timer.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had basically started the same topic three days before this thread was started. ("Let me accept an order").

I fully support your view on this because I have the same issue.

Buyers setting less words than the script actually has, require translation (that I exclude in my gig), ignore commercial rights, etc.

And then my timer is running, I have to go to resolution center (what the buyer then rejects)...

 

I would like to have a function that says: Yes, the order is complete and correct.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...