Editing any certificate

arshadzamanbd

Question

13 answers to this question

Of course it's illegal. Contact support and ask them to cancel for you without it affecting your cancellation rate, because it's an order that violates Fiverr's ToS. I'd definitely tell them exactly that. Don't leave any room for a support agent to think you just don't want to do that order.

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, arshadzamanbd said:

Thank you so very much for helping me with the valuable information. I was about to send a custom offer to receive the order. Could you please tell me how could I send any order through CS?

If you don't have an order, I would just report the message using the report button (you can see it on PC at least) and block the user.  

• Like 12
  • Up 3

2 hours ago, arshadzamanbd said:

Now my question is, Is it illegal to do such kind of work on Fiverr?

I'm sorry, why would you even need to ask that? It's forgery, and as such, it's a crime in pretty much any country in the world. People go to jail for forgery (in your country, the punishment for forgery would be up to 2 years in jail, or a fine, or both).

Or do you think it would be all right to commit a crime if Fiverr doesn't punish you for that?

• Like 15

31 minutes ago, arshadzamanbd said:

Today I've got an order on editing name and some other details on a certificate. If the buyer uses the certificate somewhere and gets caught, there will be some issues. Now my question is, Is it illegal to do such kind of work on Fiverr? Thanks.

I would send the order through to CS - they will likely cancel it as I'm quiiite sure it's illegal (unless, say, you're just correcting a typo or something, which doesn't seem to be the case.) Definitely not worth getting banned for this. 

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, katakatica said:

I would send the order through to CS - they will likely cancel it as I'm quiiite sure it's illegal (unless, say, you're just correcting a typo or something, which doesn't seem to be the case.) Definitely not worth getting banned for this. 

Thank you so very much for helping me with the valuable information. I was about to send a custom offer to receive the order. Could you please tell me how could I send any order through CS?

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, miiila said:

Of course it's illegal. Contact support and ask them to cancel for you without it affecting your cancellation rate, because it's an order that violates Fiverr's ToS. I'd definitely tell them exactly that. Don't leave any room for a support agent to think you just don't want to do that order.

Sorry for the information that I provided. I haven't got the order yet. I denied the order. Thanks.

• Like 12

On 5/14/2022 at 4:21 PM, catwriter said:

I'm sorry, why would you even need to ask that? It's forgery, and as such, it's a crime in pretty much any country in the world. People go to jail for forgery (in your country, the punishment for forgery would be up to 2 years in jail, or a fine, or both).

Or do you think it would be all right to commit a crime if Fiverr doesn't punish you for that?

Thank you for your kind information.

• Like 6

On 5/14/2022 at 8:59 AM, arshadzamanbd said:

Today I've got an order on editing name and some other details on a certificate. If the buyer uses the certificate somewhere and gets caught, there will be some issues.

Services that can pose legal risks for our users

Do not offer or ask for:

• Illegal services.

• Services that are meant to support any illegal activity.

• Fake documents — the creation, changing, or editing of official documents such as IDs, passports, drivers license, bank statements, or death and birth certificates.

• The above is from the Community Standards under Prohibited Services.

• To offer such services is to risk your Fiverr account.

Edited by lloydsolutions
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 5/15/2022 at 4:52 PM, lloydsolutions said:

Services that can pose legal risks for our users

Do not offer or ask for:

• Illegal services.

• Services that are meant to support any illegal activity.

• Fake documents — the creation, changing, or editing of official documents such as IDs, passports, drivers license, bank statements, or death and birth certificates.

• The above is from the Community Standards under Prohibited Services.

• To offer such services is to risk your Fiverr account.

Thank you so much for providing such information.

• Like 6