Doubt with orders deliver

gharo_cartoon

Question

Hello everyone. Could you help me with this doubt please?

I work as a cartoonist on Fiverr. When I finish a drawing I send it to the client as an attached file (not through the green “Deliver now” button) so the order time goes on... When the client sees it, makes changes to it and finally approves it, I send it to him/she through the “Deliver now” button. Am I doing the right thing? Because many times the clients do not respond, the time runs out and my orders are marked as delayed. 😢

Should I send it from the beginning through the “Deliver now” button? Once I have done this, can the client continue in communication with me and ask me for changes if required? In my GIGS I indicate that they can ask me for up to two revisions.

Thank you very much to whoever can answer me. Greetings from Uruguay! 🙌

• Like 4
  • Up 4

2 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, gharo_cartoon said:

Should I send it from the beginning through the “Deliver now” button?

Yes, you should send the finished drawing/cartoon (if that's what you're selling, as in, if that's not just a part of the final work you're supposed to send) through the "Deliver now" button. If the buyer wants you to change something, they can request a revision.

That's how Fiverr is meant to work. 🙂

• Like 10

On 5/12/2022 at 7:37 PM, gharo_cartoon said:

I work as a cartoonist on Fiverr. When I finish a drawing I send it to the client as an attached file (not through the green “Deliver now” button) so the order time goes on... When the client sees it, makes changes to it and finally approves it

hi

I work as an illustrator in the product design sector, I also deliver sketches and drafts to my client so that he can view them before delivery. Essentially I work by providing constant updates (1-2 throughout the service) and at the end I deliver the final file within the deadlines. Generally sellers suggest to deliver the file and wait for a revision but for me this is the most efficent and fast way to finish a job.

I'm sure you prefer to update your clients on developments so they get feedback before finalizing your design, what you do is totally correct for the gig you offer, but is not the way things are done on fiverr.

So here are some tips:

- let your buyer know in advance that you will send him a draft halfway through the work. Write it in the description of the service, or in your FaQ. Especially when you chat with the customer let them know that you will send them a draft in X days or after X working hours.

- Set the job completion time so that you have time for any post-update changes. If you offer a 1 day service it is very difficult to show the customer the draft, wait for an answer and complete the illustration ... take 2-3 days for your gig package.

- not all customers are interested in being updated on the development of your designs, many prefer to purchase your package and wait for delivery. is this a problem for your service? NO, you can offer them a revision or two so they can see your finished work and tell you what to change. 

• Like 3
  • Up 3