Average Selling Price?

bookreviewstew

The key to fiverr is all about selling gig extras! My average selling price per gig is $29! Is anyone else in this range?

Im trying to get it as high as possible, but many times someone will order my gig, then I will tell them they paid an incorrect amount (not enough) and then they have to order a 2nd gig - therefore hurting my average. I wish there was a way to keep it all in one order when they don’t order the correct total.

Thanks! I hope it doesn’t come of as “bragging” - hopefully it can motivate others to do the same. I am so blessed to be doing fiverr as a full time job! I don’t know how long this will last, if the market will get flooded and over-saturated - but I hope I can keep doing this for a long time to come! I have seen some great spokespeople joining fiverr and I already know of many who I consider great talents. (fayestap, silvervirtual, yourawesome, djyoung, websitevideo, sebski22, kymmypops, gregoryshepard, alliemadison,edume, and newcomer jaynesays and quite a few more!)

Since I first started, I’ve not only watched my earnings grow - but my skill level. I look back at videos I did a year or two years ago and I cringe at my acting! But I am basically forced to practice every day when I complete my gigs. Now, when I go to “real” commercial auditions through my Agent - I just dominate them - thanks to fiverr! Years ago I would get nervous in auditions, now its a breeze!

• 5 months later...

As far as your question goes, about the only option is often PRIOR to delivery, a buyer can still ADD gig extras to the same order.

What I don’t know is a) the exact algorithm Fiverr.com uses to calculate the averages. It certainly seems to be the “most obvious”. It seems to be “Total Earned / Total Orders”. So anyway you can add to a current order the better by that calculation method.

What might work, and you’d need to verify with Customer Service, is to have them REQUEST CANCELLATION on the first order. If a “canceled order” is not counted as an order for determining average ticket size (and I can see an argument both ways), then that would help your numbers.

At the end of the day though, outside of looking for upward trends…(relative strength) this number is mostly an ego-stroke, no? That is, as long as the “mistakes” happen at about the same rate over time, it should have little or no effect over time.

And remember, it will be a lot harder to raise this number after 1000 orders than after 10 or 100.

After all, to raise it by $1 NOW, you’d need a $1000 order in 1 order.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

mine is 16$ and it stays right there because mostly i get orders of 15$ and it pushes down a bit and sometimes i gets a order of 25$ and it goes up here. for all those wondering, what is it? its one of the main factor that affects the ranking of your gig. its only because the more you make, the more fiverr makes and fiverr likes those gigs that are making higher. so just keep it high as much as you can. And its simply calculated by your total earnings divided by total number of orders.

• 6 months later...

Hello Everyone,

Your high average selling price will help you to get more orders. My average selling rate is 32.89 and i am providing Legal Writing services.

My average selling rate is 32.89 and i am providing Legal Writing services.

That’s a high average selling rate! Good job! That’s my goal! 😉

Surely comparing average Gig/Sale price is pretty meaningless. If your gig takes 5 mins to complete then the $5 average is pretty darned good.

If my average Gig takes ~8 hours to complete my $29 average goes from seeming heroic to offensive.

Maybe the more useful metric would be:

• per hour taken to do that task
  • per hour taken to do the task including all the housekeeping like winning & managing the job

🙂

Surely comparing average Gig/Sale price is pretty meaningless. If your gig takes 5 mins to complete then the $5 average is pretty darned good.

If my average Gig takes ~8 hours to complete my $29 average goes from seeming heroic to offensive.

• per hour taken to do the task including all the housekeeping like winning & managing the job

🙂

100% agreed. Take both factors into consideration.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived