About buyer requests (from buyers' perspective)

navroopkaurr

18 hours ago, navroopkaurr said:

How many times can we post buyer requests? Like is there a limit?

If you're a seller, why would you want to post multiple buyer requests?

18 hours ago, navroopkaurr said:

if a seller posts buyer request for some services, will it have any effect on his/her gig impressions?

Again, why are you posting buyer requests? You're a seller, not a buyer. 

• Like 8

Clarification/expansion to the above post:

Buyer's Requests are for Buyers to use to request services. NOT for Sellers to use to request buyers. If you are a Seller posting your service in BR as a request, YES you will get in trouble. If you are a Seller who is also a Buyer, and are using the BR section correctly, then no, you will not be getting and positive effect on the Seller side or your account.

• Like 10

I am a buyer and a seller. I do buy things on fiverr as well as I sell some too. Whenever I post any BR, it increases the impressions on my gigs. And whenever I don't, my impressions fell. There is obviously a thing here. I have seen in my statistics.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, navroopkaurr said:

Whenever I post any BR, it increases the impressions on my gigs.

I can guarantee you that it does not. You posting a buyer request, as a buyer, has absolutely no connection to the impressions your seller gigs receive. 

And whenever I don't, my impressions fell.

Again, no connection whatsoever. That's not how the Fiverr system works.

There is obviously a thing here.

I promise you, there is not. No connection whatsoever.

I have seen in my statistics.

Then, it would appear that you are misreading your gig stats. Impressions are ONLY recieved when someone else searches for gigs like yours, in the search system, and your gig shows up in the results. 

• Like 3
  • Up 3

7 hours ago, navroopkaurr said:

Whenever I post any BR, it increases the impressions on my gigs. And whenever I don't, my impressions fell. There is obviously a thing here. I have seen in my statistics

This is an incorrect way to get real impressions. Your statistic rose because they obviously checked your gig. It also fell because they're sellers like you who are only interested in buyers & not sellers. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jonbaas said:
11 hours ago, navroopkaurr said:

And whenever I don't, my impressions fell.

Again, no connection whatsoever. That's not how the Fiverr system works.

There's not an official connection. But, when I post a BR, (unprofessional) sellers find my profile and message me directly. It's really annoying and just another reason I stopped posting BR's. This causes my clicks to increase, and in turn my conversion to drop. 

Edited by williambryan392
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

This causes my clicks to increase, and in turn my conversion to drop. 

Precisely. And I think this is something new sellers fail to realize. They are so focused in their largely false belief that impressions are gold, that they completely overlook the nature of impressions, how those impressions are supposed to be viewed and understood, and how they impact other metrics.

• Like 5